New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIR or PERM

Filed on June 2, 2002.
I was told my case might be in BEC.
Should I keep waiting for this RIR case , or file PERM?
My lawyer told me to withdraw RIR and file PERM. That means 2 +1/2 years waiting is wasted. What you guys think? any different opinion.

Hi Was your case opened at all or not? Do you know. If unopened, it appears, based on what I read on the philly BEC forum, the case is perhaps in Philly BEC.

I am trying to figure out where my case is: Here's the scoop on my case, and I would like to know, if anyone is in the same boat as mine.

Filed NJ Feb 2002 RIR
Recd RFE on prevailing wages May 2004
Responded back in June 2004

Recd another RFE on company name in October 2004 and responded back in Nov 2004.

Since then no idea as to where the heck the darn case is. I am not too sure if opened cases will be going to BEC. Somewhere I read the opened cases have to be resolved by the SWAs by 3/31/05. But god knows, as to what will happen where and when....

I would appreciate if there is anyone with an open case...and if they know where their case is now..

thank you

skyblue789 said:
Filed on June 2, 2002.
I was told my case might be in BEC.
Should I keep waiting for this RIR case , or file PERM?
My lawyer told me to withdraw RIR and file PERM. That means 2 +1/2 years waiting is wasted. What you guys think? any different opinion.
I am in the same boat please share what ever information you get mine is filed in 2 week of june ( HR department doesn't tell even fixed date!!!)

gcislife said:
I am in the same boat please share what ever information you get mine is filed in 2 week of june ( HR department doesn't tell even fixed date!!!)

I decided to wait until February to see what happens.
I will post information here once I found out more.

As far as I know, all the May-ending and onward cases have been sent to the BRC.

Now there are a lot of factors that can cause further delays at the BRCs as well. All the apps from CA, NJ and NY are sent to the BRCs, and they plan to process the cases in a chronological order, which means, all the applications from all these 3 states will be mixed together, and then processed sequentially. So 3 states, more number of apps than 1 single state, which means more time.

In anycase, I was told that the attorney and/or the employer will receive a letter from the NJSESA, once the app is sent to the BRC.

Brc

I have two questions/comments -

a. Once the cases are transferred to BRC/BECs, NJ SESA will eventually cease to exist (due to PERM)

b. If these cases are being mixed from CA, NY, and NJ, how do they expect this to "reduce or eliminate" backlog. This will add more time than if the local SESA offices were looking at them. Am I right? I doubt the BRC will have more personnel than NJ, NY, CA SESA combined.

I tend to think that the reduction/elimination will not neccesarily decrese the time, it will in next 10 years ( :mad: ) or so, somehow will manage to eliminate backlog cases.

This wait is terrible..

Letter from BEC

Has anyone who filed in NJ in 2002 receive their 45 day letter from BEC. I applied RIR NJ Feb 2002. No letter as yet recieved either by my company or my lawyer.

Also, I am wondering if there is anyone who applied in Feb/ March 2002 in NJ who has yet to hear about their case from NJ SESA or NY Regional.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.

njrirlabor said:
Has anyone who filed in NJ in 2002 receive their 45 day letter from BEC. I applied RIR NJ Feb 2002. No letter as yet recieved either by my company or my lawyer.

Also, I am wondering if there is anyone who applied in Feb/ March 2002 in NJ who has yet to hear about their case from NJ SESA or NY Regional.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.
NJ was doing May 02 cases since last few months. Shouldnt your case be already approved by them some months ago.

Where is my LC now!

NJ State :05/27/2002 RIR
Replied to NJ query on Prevailing wages & Experience on 11/02/04.
Today I Called NJ state labor dept. they say if the case is open then forward to NY DOL, my case might forwarded to NY DOL she expressed, but exact details will be given to only Employer or Employer Attorney.
So asked my company to find out the status!.
I checked NY DOL AVM today , my case ..no new case was received from my company.
Any one is in this kind of stage, where got query from NJ and no news where about the case

Same state as you: May02labour

Hi May02labour

My case is similar to yours. I had filed in feb 02. Got RFE on prevailing wages etc in May 04. Replied back in June 04. Got another RFE from NJ SESA in October 04 and replied in Nov 04. Since then no news. My lawyer has been trying to contact the examiner, but has not been able to locate the case. Keep me posted with what happens in your case. I read contradictory stories on the forum, as to whether the case will go to BEC or NY Regional. I am confused. My lawyer seems to think, that the case will go to BEC. She seems positive of that. I wonder how long it will take their to clear..

labourMay02 said:
NJ State :05/27/2002 RIR
Replied to NJ query on Prevailing wages & Experience on 11/02/04.
Today I Called NJ state labor dept. they say if the case is open then forward to NY DOL, my case might forwarded to NY DOL she expressed, but exact details will be given to only Employer or Employer Attorney.
So asked my company to find out the status!.
I checked NY DOL AVM today , my case ..no new case was received from my company.
Any one is in this kind of stage, where got query from NJ and no news where about the case

Questions: Which number did you call to get hold of NJ state labor dept, and at what times, as I do not have my case number.

My case was transferred from NJ SWA to NY DOL back in Sept 8 2004, but is still not in NY DOL computer system yet. To search NY DOL needs my NJ SWA case number, and I'm hitting a wall talking to my company's HR dept. Thanks much for your help.

Hi SSMDelhi ,
I called 609 292 2900.Some one in this forum posted this number before me, so I used the same #, they are answering the phone.Please post your feed back after you speak.

labourMay02 said:
Hi SSMDelhi ,
I called 609 292 2900.Some one in this forum posted this number before me, so I used the same #, they are answering the phone.Please post your feed back after you speak.
Thanks for the number. Now I remember, I used to have that one before. Even though I called the number, but they wouldn't reveal the information to me, asking me to ask my attorney or employer to call. But thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Cases not shipped to backlog center from NJ?

hello...

was checking the SWA labor certification processing timings as of 01/15 at link below

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swa.html

some center/states (like philly, tennessee etc. ) seem to have shipped their backlogs to backlog reduction center.. why the NJ, NY cases not being treated the same way.. :confused: any expert opinion on this?

Thanks

Labor Cert Approved !!!from NY DOL

Hallelujah...Finally got my labor approved on 01/19.....since 03/13/2002. Wow.....for all those out there still waiting...I will continue to pray for you.

See you at I140/1485....

I am debating if to go with AOS or CP....does any one have any idea which is faster??

Cheers

Hi Komatsola

congratulations!

Could you let me know, whether with NJ SWA notified your company/ attorney when they transferred the case to NY DOL. If yes, do you know, how long it took for you to get your approval from NY DOL.

I have been stuck since 02/2002. Filed NJ RIR. Got rFE from state in May 04 and responded, but no news since then.

I would appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks

BAD news for NJ state backlogged RIR cases

BECs will process cases transferred from regional level first. NO FIFO here!

Even worse, now they have decided to merge the RIR and regular, and go FIFO from there.

READ this, and decide what you should do about it:

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

Hi richshi,

Where did you get this infirmation about RIR and NON-RIR being put in the same national queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.