New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some new information on my case: After visiting this forum today, I decided to "bother" my lawyer again. So I sent him and his paralegal (who should know what's going on) an email. I got two responses, one from the paralegal, one from the lawyer.
The paralegal's response:
"The delay has to do with backlogs - it will be a minimum of six months from
the time we responded.

Unfortunately, NJ is one of the most backlogged and slowest states."

The Lawyer's response:
"It was sent to the Regional office in New York on 4/13/04. "

So it turns out I wasn't just imagining things a few months back (see my previous post).

Now I won't know for sure until I hear anything from the regional office. When I call the regional office's AVM (212)337-2193 and enter the employer's phone number (from the LC Application Form), I get "This phone number cannot be located." From the NY Regional forum, I can tell the case is usually entered in the system 2-3 weeks after it's sent from the SESA. It's been over 4 months.

Right now I feel like I'm completely in the dark. I don't know where my case is, and I just hope it didn't get lost in the mail.

As you can tell from the conflicting answer's from the law office, I feel like I can't really ask them anything. Who knows what their answer be tomorrow, the day after... :confused:

Why dont you get your employer involved and get to the bottom of the issue? You have I guess conflicting answers in email format as proof.

Querry from NJ SESA

Yesterday, my Lawyer told me that they received some querries on my case regarding prevailing wages, asking additional 10 days internal posting and titles of subordinates whom I am supervising.

We can handle the questions on Prevailing wages and titles of subordinates but can anyone tell me, what if we dont receive any resume/response on the internal posting results.

Can we state to NJ SESA that no resumes received after 10 days internal posting? The same thing happened when we filed it in April 2002, it resulted in no resumes.

Did anyone sent similar type of response to DOL (that no resume received) and how it was taken by DOL?

I updated my info on the tracker.

rsrinivas27 said:
Yesterday, my Lawyer told me that they received some querries on my case regarding prevailing wages, asking additional 10 days internal posting and titles of subordinates whom I am supervising.

We can handle the questions on Prevailing wages and titles of subordinates but can anyone tell me, what if we dont receive any resume/response on the internal posting results.

Can we state to NJ SESA that no resumes received after 10 days internal posting? The same thing happened when we filed it in April 2002, it resulted in no resumes.

Did anyone sent similar type of response to DOL (that no resume received) and how it was taken by DOL?

hey rsrinivas27,
This is exactly what happened to me tooooooo.. same to same.. after 10 days of posting no resumes were received and the attorney sent the RFE back to Nj DOL. two weeks back
just keeping fingers crossed..

inUSA2000

Good News!!!

I called the NY regional office, gave my name and name of employer. As it turns out, my case was CERTIFIED 8/11. I would like to thank everybody in this forum for all their help and support, as I am departing to the 140/485 forums...

My summary:
Filed NJ SESA: 12/26/2001
RFE Received: About 3/12/2004
RFE responded: About 4/11/2004
NJ forwarded to Regional: 4/13/2004
Don't know when regional received the application
Certified: 8/11.

I will now contact my lawyer (who I am considering replacing for the continuation of the process) to see if they got anything.

Thanks again.

ziv711 said:
Good News!!!

I called the NY regional office, gave my name and name of employer. As it turns out, my case was CERTIFIED 8/11. I would like to thank everybody in this forum for all their help and support, as I am departing to the 140/485 forums...

My summary:

I will now contact my lawyer (who I am considering replacing for the continuation of the process) to see if they got anything.

Thanks again.

Congratulations Ziv711... can u update njlabor.xls

All the Best for ur 140/485

inUSA2000

inUSA2000 said:
hey rsrinivas27,
This is exactly what happened to me tooooooo.. same to same.. after 10 days of posting no resumes were received and the attorney sent the RFE back to Nj DOL. two weeks back
just keeping fingers crossed..

inUSA2000

Thanks, in USA2000

ziv711 said:
Good News!!!

My summary:

Thanks again.
Hi Ziv711,
Congratulations... and GoodLuck for 140&485.
If possible, Can you share with us how you have replied to your Prevailing wages query? Your employer increased your offered wages? Or did you submit alternate wage survey?
Thanks in advance

rsrinivas27 said:

No resumes is Good news. No US citizen is available to fill your position.

ziv711 said:
Good News!!!

My summary:

Thanks again.

Cong~~, Ziv711~

Which number did you call NY office? Please let me know how to check the status.

I also just get a notice from my employer that my case is forward to NY regional office by Aug 6th.

My summary:
Filed NJ SESA: 3/05/2002
RFE Received: About 7/12/2004
RFE responded: About 7/28/2004
NJ forwarded to Regional: 8/06/2004

Hey NJ Labor Applicants do pray for the NY Labor Applicants you guys are lucky to move so fast we are still stuck in july / aug / sep 2001.

best regards

This is what I used (from the NY Regional thread).

gc999999999 said:
credit to Mike_inus..

You have to call NY Regional DOL office to findout your case number.

NY Regional Contact No. (212) 337 2184
Working Days : Mon/Wed/Fri
Working Hours : 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM

You have to provide your First Name, Last Name, Employer and employer contact no.

You can also call the automated number (212) 337-2193 and enter the employer phone number or case number. That didn't work for me, so I tried the other one this morning.

LCNov01 said:
Hi Ziv711,
Congratulations... and GoodLuck for 140&485.
If possible, Can you share with us how you have replied to your Prevailing wages query? Your employer increased your offered wages? Or did you submit alternate wage survey?
Thanks in advance

My employer increased my wages. The increase wasn't done specifically because of the LC. Keep in mind that it's been over 2 and a half years and I work in a relatively high increase industry, so by now I make more than the prevailing wage.

Congrats ........

THANKS ZIV711,

I am also expecting mine..... mine was moved to NY DOL Jun 17th 2004.
Thanks for posting that your labor is cleared. Most of them does not post when the labor is cleared. They are so selfish that till they get , they were licking others asses to get the information. once they get the labor they diappear from here to file their 140 and 485. THIS SEEMS STRANGE TO ME.
SORRY for posting like this. I felt like saying this to the board....

THANKS FOR MESSAGE MAN.

THANKS AGAIN.

ziv711 said:
Good News!!!

My summary:

Thanks again.

Documents for labour filing

Hello,

I would like to know what all documents have to be submitted to SESA when filing for Green Card labour certification along with the forms 750.

Any input will be helpful

Thanks

HI Guys
Got to hear from my lawyer today that finally labour got approved.
Now keeping my fingers crossed for other stages or 140/485 soon.
Here are my details:
NJ Labor applied : Jan 2002
Move to Fed : Feb 2004
RFE regarding prev wage : May 2004
Cleared : Aug 2004.

Good luck guys and thx for all the guidance. This forum was really helpful and supportive to me.
-witty

witty1976 said:
HI Guys
Here are my details:

Good luck guys and thx for all the guidance. This forum was really helpful and supportive to me.
-witty
Hi witty,
Congrats and Good Luck for Next stages!

witty1976 said:
HI Guys
Here are my details:

-witty

Congratulations witty.. Can u please update the excel sheet ..

thanks
inUSA2000

witty1976 said:
HI Guys
Here are my details:

-witty

congrats witty.
could you tell us whether your employer increased the wages or supplied altternate wage survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.