New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJ DOL phone line (609-984-3520) still has the same info -
Regular cases - April 26, 2001
RIR cases - April 2002

Applied March 28th, 2002. Transferred to Regional August 2nd.
It's for my friend, who is doing Java, don't know the details.

still waiting ..

Still no news. How long after the file transfer does the NY DOL phone system say that they have received the case?
Please lemme know.

Thanks.

Hi inUSA2000, ZIV711, njrirlabor

Hi ZIV711,
Any updates on your case?
I am very anxious because I got same query as yours (Query on prevailing wages). Wondering what happened with your case!

No News from my Lawyers yet.

I was onto their case since 2 weeks and made them send out a query on the 28th July to the NJ DOL as to check what happened.

They replied me yesterday that they have not got any reply to that query and it can take anywhere between 30-60 days for the reply to query.

Needless to say, I dont trust that crappy response but I have no other options other than to wait and watch this game !

ziv711 said:
Hi inUSA2000.

I got an RFE from NJ DOL Back in March that had to do with salary adjustment on the application. I guess some additional advertisement was also required, but I wasn't involved with that, as my employer fully cooperated with the lawyer's requests. We submitted the responses in early April. There have been no developments since. I.e., the application is still pending with the NJ DOL.

My original application was submitted in December 2001.

Hey Ziv711,
njlabor.xls shows that ur case moved to NY DOL but u say ur case is still pending with NJ DOL ???

Status please

inUSA2000

inUSA2000 said:
Hey Ziv711,
njlabor.xls shows that ur case moved to NY DOL but u say ur case is still pending with NJ DOL ???

Status please

inUSA2000

Back in April I was corresponding with the company's lawyers and misinterpreted one of their emails to mean that the case was forwarded to the regional office. Wishful thinking, I guess... (plus the lawyer's emails are always so vague...)

A couple of months later I wanted to check the status and realized I was wrong. The case is still with NJ DOL... The last note from the lawyers is from the end of June, indicating it could take 4-6 months until my case is forwarded to the regional office (I think from the time we replied to the RFE, which is mid April). Therefore, I expect the forwarding of my case will happen sometime between now and a couple of months from now.)

I apologize for the wrong information earlier.

ziv711 said:
Back in April I was corresponding with the company's lawyers and misinterpreted one of their emails to mean that the case was forwarded to the regional office. Wishful thinking, I guess... (plus the lawyer's emails are always so vague...)

A couple of months later I wanted to check the status and realized I was wrong. The case is still with NJ DOL... The last note from the lawyers is from the end of June, indicating it could take 4-6 months until my case is forwarded to the regional office (I think from the time we replied to the RFE, which is mid April). Therefore, I expect the forwarding of my case will happen sometime between now and a couple of months from now.)

I apologize for the wrong information earlier.

Hey Ziv711,
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know the status as mine is a similar case. so based on ur feedback i wanted to know appr. how many days it takes for a RFE case to move to NY DOL.

Thanks
inUSA2000

Ziv711, inUSA2000

inUSA2000 said:
Hey Ziv711,
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know the status as mine is a similar case. so based on ur feedback i wanted to know appr. how many days it takes for a RFE case to move to NY DOL.

Thanks
inUSA2000

Hi guys,
I got same RFE as you guys. NJ SESA transfered the case to NY Regional as soon as they received the RFE. They did not waste a single day. I think this is primarily because my employer agreed to everything they asked in RFE. But I am still on edge. because they were asking to increase the prevailing wage to 94K, and my emplyer did the same and offered me a salary of 94k on LCA. But right now I receive only 60k. My employer says this will not become an issue until I receive the Greencard.

From what I researched, recently there are increased number of denials on I-140, based on the ability to pay by the employer. The ability to pay is decided in favor if the employer can satisfy atleast one of the following 3 conditions:
1. If the employer is employing the employee right now, he should be paying 95% of prevailing wages.
2. The employer is making a Net (taxable) income of 95% of the prevailing wages.
3. The employer has Fixed assets worth 95% of the prewailing wages.

In my case, my employer can not satisfy either of the above.
Any thoughts on this...?
Life sucks here :confused: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.