New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rir

I applied for labor from NJ thru EB2 RIR.
The receipt date is April 4th 2002.
When I applied, we showed the job requirement (java developer) as requiring MS and no job experience. The reason was I started working with this company right after completing my masters. I have been with them for 4.5 years now. However, since experience with curreny company is not counted towards labor, what are the chances of my labor going thru?

Please post your experience if you/your friends have been thru similar situation.

Thanks

Yes, as per AVM they are processing March cases, but we don't see any approval for cased filed in Feb from our tracker !?

Yep no Feb cases approved yet? I am stuck at the regional - moved from NJ to NY on April 20th - is there a number or site where I can find out what the status of the regional processing is? Can I call some number and find out case specific status? Any input's greatly appreciated

Ronbans,
Use this Number#212-337-2193, you should have Regional Case number or your employer Phone number.
My case moved from NJ to NY ON April15th, but the case posted in Regional as April 30th................

ronbans said:
Yep no Feb cases approved yet? I am stuck at the regional - moved from NJ to NY on April 20th - is there a number or site where I can find out what the status of the regional processing is? Can I call some number and find out case specific status? Any input's greatly appreciated

Every one,

It takes about a week to 15 days before NY regional DOL sends you a notice of receipt. Your cases should have been moved to NY DOL. I would wait for couple weeks before I approach any one.

In most cases, members won't care posting here after their labor approval.

NY DOL case status system: 212-337-2193
You can search your case here if you know your employer phone number.
(of if you know your case number).

Or, goto http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Got Query from NJ SESA

Hi Friends,
My case was filed with NJ SESA on Jan 16 2002
Got a query on prevailing wages. They say that prevailing wage for my position was 94K/Yr. according to 2000 wage survey. My employer was paying me 70K in Jan.2002, and the query says it was below prevailing wage.

How ever now my employer is paying me only 58K.
Was Any body in this situation before? What should I do now?
Any input will be helpful to me. I am really worried about my case.
Thanks in advance

HI LcNov1,
I had the similiar query . Mine was filed in Jan 22 2002. it movd to NY DOL and they say the prev wage should be atleast 80K , however mine was written as 70K also. I got RFE in 1st week of May 2004.
the first option is if your employer agrees to pay 94K , that way your lawyer can directly report to NY DOL for the salary revision and you be through in 2-3 weeks.
The other way is , Just talk to your lawyer, and ask them to rebut the case for an alternate survey in NJ SESA again. Thsi might take a bit longer [2-3 months, I suppose]
I went to the second option though and still waiting for the results.
Good luck for your case.

-witty

Please Guide ME

Hi Friends, I need your help as soon as possible. My labor was applied on Feb 2002. I just Got call from my lawyer that I got RFE from NJ DOL that Company need to increase the salary up to 90000 & they asked to re advertise the post. They also told me that DOL is saying that because there are lot of Programmers in New Jersey so may be they will transfer my case from RIR to non-RIR. I have no idea what’s going on. Please help me, how I can avoid this or if my case will become Non- RIR how this will effect me. I am B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering. Please guide me.

Looks like everyone in NJ DOL is going through the same kind of experience, and may be that is why the NJ state processing dates are moving fast these days as compared to the old days .
Looks like NJ DOL decided not to let anyone's Labour in time and with ease, they should have atleast consider that they anyway lets us wait 3 long big yrs in constrast to other states where ppl got EADs in just 1 yr after filing labor, and stilll they are putting RFEs and not approving the Labor , which is really painful for all of us :(

Good luck friends.
Witty

jowood said:
Hi Friends, I need your help as soon as possible. My labor was applied on Feb 2002. I just Got call from my lawyer that I got RFE from NJ DOL that Company need to increase the salary up to 90000 & they asked to re advertise the post. They also told me that DOL is saying that because there are lot of Programmers in New Jersey so may be they will transfer my case from RIR to non-RIR. I have no idea what’s going on. Please help me, how I can avoid this or if my case will become Non- RIR how this will effect me. I am B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering. Please guide me.
Here are my personal views
1- NJ-SESA is testing that employer is still interested/held beneficiary
2- One sunday ad + 4 weeks time
3- increase to 95% salary suggested - not a big deal
4- RIR to Non-RIR is again a suggestion, three options are given to petitioner i.e. withdraw, RIR, No-RIR.
5- PRO-PERM practice.

Still processing Feb 2002 cases

According to my attorney( talked to the NJ SESA) , NJ SESA is still processing February2002 cases, though the AVM says it is currently processing March 2002.

regards,
inUSA2000

inUSA2000,

Most of the times, our local attorneys won't bend their fat belly's to give us up-to-date information. NJ AVM seems to be accuarate. Otherwise, they'd be flooded with calls.

-GCM

Status
Not open for further replies.