New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by yabadoo
Guru's,

I have heard that my case got RFE, the lawyers are contacting my companys HR dept. with the details. Am not sure whether it was NJ SESA or NY DOL that raised the RFE. MY filing date was 11/27/01 in RIR, I work for a huge US firm where RIR is the norm.

Can anyone tell me what is the most common or likely RFE that are raised by NJ SESA or NY DOL, I would suspect this probably to do with wages as data files back in November 2001 is out-of-date now as my salary has gone up.
Please Gurus, can anyone help with this until I hear from lawyers/HR (..and they too take their time!). AM worried.
Thanks.

Yabadoo
You are correct, most oftenly, it is salary and reposting in the office premises for 2 weeks (10 Business Days).
Good sign, you are near to cross. Don't worry, they are just asking for evidences. Goodluck.

Assur,
Thanks for your feedback, I hope it is regarding salary as opposed reposting for 10 days because as I understand it, it is norm for my company to file RIR and for it to get approval.
Will keep you posted.

Y

Assur,
Thanks for your feedback, I hope it is regarding salary as opposed reposting for 10 days because as I understand it, it is norm for my company to file RIR and for it to get approval.
Will keep you posted.

Y
Keep your finger cross.

Assur,
I was told today that my LC was among a bunch of LC's that were pending at NJ SESA by my company for our employees, apparently the law firm through its sources say that the indication is that given the condition of the economy etc. that NJ SESA may require filing to be done in Regular category instead of RIR. While no exact confirmation has been reached, law firm is still waiting to receive the actual RFE letter/notification on mine and other cases before they take action. From your good knowledge, is it common for salary AND reposting for 10 days to be asked for again by SESA or do they just outright require the application to be converted to Regular category? Am still in the dark as not further information has been given so am pondering and getting anxious on what has been told to me so far.

Yabadoo

Assur,
I was told today that my LC was among a bunch of LC's that were pending at NJ SESA by my company for our employees, apparently the law firm through its sources say that the indication is that given the condition of the economy etc. that NJ SESA may require filing to be done in Regular category instead of RIR. While no exact confirmation has been reached, law firm is still waiting to receive the actual RFE letter/notification on mine and other cases before they take action. From your good knowledge, is it common for salary AND reposting for 10 days to be asked for again by SESA or do they just outright require the application to be converted to Regular category? Am still in the dark as not further information has been given so am pondering and getting anxious on what has been told to me so far.

Yabadoo
Yabadoo
First of all thousands of cases are pending for LCs in NJ SESA, it is NOT only your company or your case. Secondly, they CANNOT put every case for Regular Processing out rightly or directly. They suppose to issue NOF/REF letter, if any, prior to proceed further. Almost all cases approved under these circusmstances were having similar queries regarding "wages" or some "additional evidences" even in my company. NJ is still processing DEC 2001.
Go and see yourself on the following site. As far as the Employer/Lawyer is concerned, they are all advising strictly everybody "NOT TO CALL" and themselves are acting accordingly. It is tough to wait, but wait. Everything should be fine.
Last word, take it as NORMAL, we are all in the same boat. Don't worry. Other states are approving and NJ is not, does not make sense.
ww.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Thanks Assur, I totally understand and agree with what you are saying and I guess we just have to continue to be patient. I have never called SESA and I think the lawyers make enquiries as and when necessary. Will just wait and see and hopefully it will not be too much further trauma and headache.
Y

Thanks Assur, I totally understand and agree with what you are saying and I guess we just have to continue to be patient. I have never called SESA and I think the lawyers make enquiries as and when necessary. Will just wait and see and hopefully it will not be too much further trauma and headache.
Y
YES.

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum. I applied for RIR NJ in Oct 2001. I know my case moved to NY DOL on Jan 18. Now, the number 212 337 2193 is not working so I dont know my status but I know that they were processing Jan 21st few days back. I m yet to get any information from my lawyer.
My question:
How much time should one wait to get information from DOL for whether a case is certified or not.

A quick response will help.

I dont know what is my category like EB2 or EB3 etc. So, never entered my details in the excel.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite sometime.. the information posted is of immense help. I owe it to this forum to post my information here so that it could be of help to all.

Labor applied: 14th Jan 2002. (programmer analyst)
NOF received for prevailing wage last week Jan 2004.
Replied by attorney on 4th feb 2004.
Labor approved on 4th march 2004, certified labor received by employer on 15th march 2004.

It's been a looooong wait for everybody but there is light at the end of the tunnel.. so hang in there !!!

Can somebody add this info to the spreadsheet PL.

Thanks

Congrats bhanus2004

Originally posted by bhandus2004
Hi all,

I have been following this forum for quite sometime.. the information posted is of immense help. I owe it to this forum to post my information here so that it could be of help to all.

Labor applied: 14th Jan 2002. (programmer analyst)
NOF received for prevailing wage last week Jan 2004.
Replied by attorney on 4th feb 2004.
Labor approved on 4th march 2004, certified labor received by employer on 15th march 2004.

It's been a looooong wait for everybody but there is light at the end of the tunnel.. so hang in there !!!

Can somebody add this info to the spreadsheet PL.

Thanks

Atlast, NJ is working on Jan2002 cases.

One of my friends has applied his Labor from NJ. He needs to go seventh year extension. Employer is not behaving properly. He has an offer from some other employer also from NJ. He is also ready for substitution with favorable conditions to my friend.

But my friend does not have any proof for applying the labor. He may need to apply seventh year extension in July of this year. What proof should he get from his employer? Since NJ does not provide the receipt for Labor applications what he should do?
Can some one suggest some thing?

Hi Tammy2,
The firm your friend is joining, can write to the Dept. of Labor for a letter stating that his labor certification has been pending for over 365 days by which he is eligible for a 7th year extension.
I have heard that the DOL can do this, please confirm though.

Originally posted by KeenOnGC
Hi Tammy2,
The firm your friend is joining, can write to the Dept. of Labor for a letter stating that his labor certification has been pending for over 365 days by which he is eligible for a 7th year extension.
I have heard that the DOL can do this, please confirm though.
Correct, my company's lawyer faxed and got fax reply next 36 hrs. Emailed for reference purpose only, but he got no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.