New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ha_hk,

1. Non-RIR/Regular is generally slower than RIR due to the additional recruitment and/or steps that are overseen by the Labor depts.

2. Due to the 245(i) stuff that justdoit mentioned, there are probably a whole bunch of people who applied for Regular labor certification - more than those who applied for RIR

3. No one, ever, has a clue. This is all a guessing game, with optimism and frustation taking hold of you alternately.

Sometimes I think we who try to stay within the legal boundaries and abide by the rules suffer the most.

Originally posted by ha_hk
Thanks for ur reply.

Like RIR I thought non-rir will also pick up it's pace. But it hasn't.
Any idea why it hasn't moved from april2001?

i'm very much confused and hope someone atleast has a clue about it.
ha_hk

Originally posted by ck510
hi ha_hk,

1. Non-RIR/Regular is generally slower than RIR due to the additional recruitment and/or steps that are overseen by the Labor depts.

2. Due to the 245(i) stuff that justdoit mentioned, there are probably a whole bunch of people who applied for Regular labor certification - more than those who applied for RIR

3. No one, ever, has a clue. This is all a guessing game, with optimism and frustation taking hold of you alternately.

Sometimes I think we who try to stay within the legal boundaries and abide by the rules suffer the most.

Justdoit & ck510 Thanks for ur reply

I too want to think that non-rir is in it's normal pace.

and also hope that oneday i'll get my labor processed just like u people hope ur's will.

Thanks
ha_hk

Hello everyone,

I got replies from this forum so fast and quick that i thought i'll post this one last message.

anyone who reads this forum also stuck in non-rir?
it'll be helpful if u people post ur comments and ur situation thta's if u want to.

Thanks
ha_hk

Labor Substitution required for Digital/Asic Design Engineer

Does anybody know of any company that has Labor Substitution available for Digital/ASIC Design Engineer. I have a Bachelors and a Masters in EE and have been working for 3 years. I am based in Texas and this Labor Cert. process is pretty frustrating.

Please reply if you have any leads.

Many thanks in advance.

Updated Spreadsheet

:mad: :( :confused:
Almost there....
The spreadsheet is updated with my detail.
DOL State - 9 Oct 01
DOL Fed (NY) - Received 21 Aug 03
Approved - Not yet.

question

hi friends,
I got a question.
To get our passport stamped with new visa after extension,do we need to go to india or can we stamp within US?

I got some news that rules have changed and US INS won't stamp nowadays & we have to go to their homecountry for stamping. is it true?

thanks
2002labor

you can get it statmped in USA if your new VISA type is same as old VISA type, Example: H1 extension or H1 transfer.

That is not true. If you already have a h1 visa in your passport; you can get it revalidated in US itself.

http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

Excerpts -
The Diplomatic Liaison/Visa Revalidation Division of the Visa Office accepts applications for revalidation of employment category (H, L, O, and P) visas from applicants who hold a visa of the same category and meet certain other criteria. Revalidation is also called renewal or reissuance. Applicants may also apply for a new visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad that processes nonimmigrant visa applications

Visas That Can Not Be Renewed In The U.S.

The Visa Office does not revalidate visas for nationals of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria, the seven countries currently designated as state sponsors of terrorism. These applicants must apply for new visas at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. For more information, please see the Notice: Special Visa Processing Procedures Pursuant to Section 306 of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Reform Act of 2002.

These visa categories are NOT revalidated in the Visa Office:

B1/B2 (business/tourism);
C (transit);
D (air or sea crew member);
F (student);
J (exchange visitor);
K (fiancé/e of a U.S. citizen)
M (vocational student);
N (parent of alien classified SK-3 Special Immigrant)
Q (international cultural exchange);
R (religious worker);
S (supplier of information relating to a criminal organization);
T (victim of severe form of trafficking in persons)
TN (NAFTA professional)
U (victim of criminal activity)
V (spouse/child of Legal Permanent Resident Alien)

I have H4 visa in my passport. I have got my H1 approval. Can I get my passport stamped in US with my new H1 ?? Please reply if anyone has similar experience or knowledge.

No you can not.. you have to go outside of country( usa) if you want to have a visa stamp in your passport.

Gurus,

Please correct me if you i am wrong ..

thnaks...

Labor approved !

Hi everyone,

My labor was approved on 6th October. I was very worried coz my lawyer did not receive notification when it was moved to fedral.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and information in this forum. This forum is an enormous help to people who are waiting. Good luck to everyone else.

Regards,

badabing

:) :) :)

Labour moved to NY

Hi everyone

I thought I may never get a chance to post reply here. But looks like I was wrong.

My Labor has been moved to Ny on oct 03. PD was August 15.

My lawyer received query in early July which was replied in late July. Since there was no response till Oct , I was very nervous and I requested my agency to call State office on Oct 03. However when I was checking AVM at NY, I heard new case received on Oct 03 ( incidently AVM did not have that till Oct 02). Based on DOT code and fact that I was only person whose case was expected during these day, I am assuming it is mine. Though Lawyer has not received any notification from state office yet.

I am hoping in next 2-3 months I will hear good news.

Can someone please update spreadsheet.

Goodluck to myself and to every body who is waiting.

Updated the xl sheet

I got the RFE on the title of job on previous job, Lawyer is responding on tuesday and hoping it should not be a problem.
Let see.

FY2004 Quota : 20,000 H1B Cap Cases Already Filed

We learned at an AILA meeting on September 24, 2003 that approximately 20,000 FY2004 cap cases are pending at this time. These are cases filed in FY2003, with start dates in FY2004. As many of you know, H1B cases can be filed up to six months in advance of the requested start date. If most of these H1B cases are approved, as expected, there are already enough cases to account for almost a third of the 65,000 total.

Someone was asking few days ago about how soon can you apply for h1 xfer. Looking at this article that appears on murthy.com, it seems like you can do it six months in advance.

http://www.murthy.com/ukh1cap.html

Hi gc_labor_pain , mailgc2001, NJlabor2001, jpanchal

No news, no approvals for the last 15/20 days.

did you guys hear anything from DOL

justdoit

hi justdoit,
Does it(according to murthy.com) means we have to apply for H1B extension As early as possible?
Can u explain it?I am very much confused.

2002labor

NO. it doesnt mean you have to apply six months in advance. The article mentions you "can" apply six months in advance.

krish23574,

Nothing yet. i will ask my lawyer to call NJ SESA and find out the status. Could you guys do the same. Seems like Sesa and DOL are never going to come out of their "classic" hybernation.

:mad: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.