New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor Approved

Just checked my status today by emailing DOL.

My labor was approved on 7/1/03.

PD: 8/21/2001
Recd. at DOL: 6/26/03
Certified: 7/1/03

See you on the 140/485 boards. I wish each of you the very best.

CalvinX

At Laaaaast,
I got my labour approved ...Guys its been most painstakingly long wait, but be optimistic as the fruits of this long wait will definitely going to be sweet.
Its a great thread with fantastic people. I wish you all a speedy GC process ..
Will see u all in the next Que (Stop) 140/485 Groups.

I enjoyed this site and it was really informational and educational.

All the best

PD:July 5rd 2001
NY DOL date:June12th 2003
Approved:June17 2003

:) :) :) :)

UPdates

Updated entries for the following.

dede_gc, calvinx, hope4Good, tony_GC

Guys all the best, we are still waiting:eek:

need advise

hey guys,
i need some advise here. My first H-1b visa is expiring on September 30,2003. My lc was filed on October 5, 2001. Now if I receive the approved lc and file for I-140/I-485 before my H-1b expires, can I still work or I need to apply for H-1B extension since even if I apply for I-140/I-485, I won't get my EAD before September 30, 2003.

Gurus, please reply.

You have to maintain your h1-b status

you have to maintain your h1-b status until you receive EAD.
So, If you are not going to to get EAD by Sept 30; you will need to extend your h1-b to remain in valid status.

pathikb
Suppose you apply I140/485 concurrently
opt-1, you could apply for H1B in premium processing provided that you have at least 2 weeks in hand at that time.
opt-2, Initiate your H1B processing without further delay.
There are still two stages 1-LC approval, 2-I140/485 + EAD, I think you would be lucky enough to get it done before Sept 2003. So, think about processing right away with normal fee. Goodluck

NOF?

hey Guys,

please tell me what is NOF?
it looks like I got NOF.
is this a big problem?
please explain.

Gurus,please tell me.I will appreciate immidiate response.

thanks,
Sunil.

quick questions

Hi,

My Labor was certified on 7/1/03. Two questions:

First, By when can I expect the official notification paperwork from DOL by snailmail? We have not received it as of 7/7/03

Second, how much time does it take to file for 140/485? Does it typically take the company 1 month, 2 month, more? to get all the paperwork ready. I need to make an overseas trip in September and wondering if I will be able to file and have my AP to travel. I would not like to hold off on filing for 140/485 until my return.

Thanks,
CalvinX

CalvinX
My co. filed 7-14 days (3 applicants), they prepare documents in advance. In my view, it should not exceed two weeks anyway. Be patient, and apply it first before planning furture trip because it is a critical point. goodluck

Got Query from NJ office

Hi Guru's
My company told me that they got query from NJ office. Mine is a small company and they do not have clue about readvertisement for wage query.

I need your help. Reading from Forum , I know that this has to be internal ad. My questions are

1. What kind of proof is required to show that ad was posted for 10 days
2. is there particular syntex other than Job description
3. Does Salary need to be mentioned in ad.

I am looking for help from Guru's.

Quesry was received some time last week.
Thanks.

assessment notice for application

hello folks,

my labor application has be received by DOL on aug-18-2001.

1. lawyer is saying now that NJ SWA has issued an assessment notice for the application. what does this mean ?

2. is there any way i can check the status of labor certification progress with the DOL. my lawyer says they dont have any EAC no etc for the application.

thanks.

Sebi
For internal posting, the format is predefined and standard, carries everything needs to be produced for LC. Not a big deal.

Re: quick questions

CalvinX, I have following questions:-

1) In which category u have filed (EB2/EB3) ?

2) What wages (salary) u have showed during the filling of LC?

The reason i am asking this question is i have also filed my LC with the same skill set as you (Quality Assurance).

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks,
GC_Pain_Labor.

Originally posted by CalvinX
Hi,

My Labor was certified on 7/1/03. Two questions:

First, By when can I expect the official notification paperwork from DOL by snailmail? We have not received it as of 7/7/03

Second, how much time does it take to file for 140/485? Does it typically take the company 1 month, 2 month, more? to get all the paperwork ready. I need to make an overseas trip in September and wondering if I will be able to file and have my AP to travel. I would not like to hold off on filing for 140/485 until my return.

Thanks,
CalvinX

Thankx for information

Hi CalvinX,
I appreciate your response. Also, good luck for you with rest of the GC processing.

gc_labor_pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.