New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Request to add my info to the tracker

Manohar,
Could you please add my info to the tracker.

PD: July 9, 2001 ( RIR, NJ SESA)
Received at NY DOL: May 23, 2003 (awaiting approval)
Job Title: Software Engineer
Skills: Lotus Domino, Java, C++, etc.
DOT Code: 030-062-010

Appreciate your efforts in maintaining this tracker.

Thanks
Narasimhan

dot code

Hello Narasimhan can you tell me how you got the dot code for NY DOL thank you.

Regards.

H1 B Extn.

Hi Guys,
I needed some info. regarding H1B extn. I have H1B issued till Jan 04, but my H1B 6 yrs. quota ends in Jul'04. But my LC is being pending for almost 2 yrs. now. So i was wondering if i would be eligible 1 yrs. extn. of H1B ? Or i should go for regular H1B processing for 6 months? Please shed some light.

I would really appreciate ur responses in this matter.

Thanks,

DOT code

Hi NJUser,
Since your case is already in NY DOL, you can get the DOT code thru e-mail. Send an e-mail to LCSTATUS02@doleta.gov with anyone of the following in the body:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

The reply e-mail should have the status and the DOT code.

Good Luck!!

EB2 GC Petition

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate your suggestion on my queries about GC petition:

* I'm on H1B for the last one and a half year. I work for a state-run healthcare org. in their IT dept. There is no other non-immigrant worker in our entire unit.
* I've an MS in MIS and I work in a technical capacity(database, programming...) for internal clients like research units, physicians, other healthcare units.

My questions are:

* Can I apply for GC in EB2? If so, would I require labor certification approval before concurrent filing of I 140 and I 485?
* Is self petition an option for my case or its better to seek help of a law firm who processed GC petition for state workers?
* Is there any pros and cons of applying for GC while working for a state-run/non-proft organization?
* Would you recommend RIR/NIW for an worker with IT background in next few months?

seek apology if I've asked too many questions:-( But your advice will really be a big favor.

Best,

SJR

NJ SESA AVM

Just checked the AVM at NJ SESA # 609 984 3520, they did not update the AVM as of 1st June 2003. Still says as of May 1st 2003 ......

Re: EB2 GC Petition

Hi, I'm no expert on LC issues. But since your questions are mostly simple enough, I can try to help.

* I'm on H1B for the last one and a half year. I work for a state-run healthcare org. in their IT dept. There is no other non-immigrant worker in our entire unit.
* I've an MS in MIS and I work in a technical capacity(database, programming...) for internal clients like research units, physicians, other healthcare units.

My questions are:

>* Can I apply for GC in EB2?
My answer: I'm not sure about this. Most other gurus please comment.

>If so, would I require labor certification approval before concurrent filing of I 140 and I 485?
My answer: It doesn't matter what category you apply in, as long as it's labor-based (EB2/3), you must have LC approved before you continue with further steps.

>* Is self petition an option for my case or its better to seek help of a law firm who processed GC petition for state workers?
My answer: This is not Canadian immigration application. It's a very complicated process with myriad considerations. If it was simple enough for an individual to handle, there wouldn't even be such forums with thousands of posts. No matter what you situation is, you must find a good lawyer.

>* Is there any pros and cons of applying for GC while working for a state-run/non-proft organization?
My answer: This I don't know. People please comment.

>* Would you recommend RIR/NIW for an worker with IT background in next few months?
My answer: RIR for sure, by all means go for it. NIW, sorry but I assume you're just a tech worker as most other people on this board, so you're most likely not qualified.

Re: NJ SESA AVM

Just checked the AVM again. It says that as of June 1st, they are processing applications received before July 2001 for RIR.

I remember reading in this forum that somebody who had filed in Aug got LC cleared from NJ sesa.

I was really counting on their starting Aug 2001 cases. :( :(

badabing..some good news !

Yes today my lawyers office received my Labor certification . Ie. both the Federal and State level processing done. Date of application was Aug 8, 2001. They are definitely in august.

Cheers !

Hi vjain2k,

Congratulations. Is August 8 th is when you mailed the application or is it the priority date. Could you please clarify.

Thanks

Certified:

Learnt from the NY DOL phone system that my case just got certified. Here's a quick update.
ND = June 14th 2001
NJ to NY DOL = April 9th 2003
NOF = April 17th, 2003 (prevailing wage, reposted ad internally)
NOF rebuttal = May 22nd 2003
Certified = June 3rd 2003.

I've updated the tracker list too.. Good luck for all you guys and hang in there... See you all soon in I-140/I-485 board.

Inferno...

It is the mailing date...
Regards

Originally posted by inferno
Hi vjain2k,

Congratulations. Is August 8 th is when you mailed the application or is it the priority date. Could you please clarify.

Thanks

lexr

Can you please tell what was the prevailing wage for a Mechnical Engineer. Even I am a Mech. Engg. and my labor had a pay of $62500. Can you please tell me if possible how much was the prevailing wage so I can at least have some idea what I can expect from them as my first H-1B is expiring in Sep 2003. Also you just posted an internal ad for 10 days and then got the Lc cleared? or you have to do something else also.
Pl. reply

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.