New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB2/ RIR/ NJ Dec 2001 Civil Engineering

Hi All,
I filed for my LC in EB2/RIR/NJ Dec 2001 in Civil Engineering.
I am working for a Civil Consulting Company, hence, even though i have a Ph.D in Civil Engineering, my lawyer filed my case in EB2/RIR. The reason told by my lawyer is that my company is not research oriented, hence I cannot file in EB1. When do you think I can expect my labor clearance? Is it fair to expect clearance sometime in Jan 2003?

I have not heard anything from my lawyer yet. Is there any thing called premium processing for labor?? What else can be done on my part to get my LC cleared? My 6 years of H-1B will be over in August 2004. What other recourse do I have in this situation?

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks - wprrp

No Title

As You have filed in Eb2 with RIR U have to wait until all the cases upto Dec 2001 get expedite.Now the Labor is processing those cases of April 27, 2001.
So wait until Dec to get processed .It may take another 6 to 8 months as per my knowledge.May be in Dec or by Feb u should be gettingt he labor cleared and then the I-140.
So keep your fingers crossed and watch out.

EB2 RIR

Does anybody got approval between April 15, 2001 and April 27, 2001. If so please let us know the category, filed date, etc. It will be really useful for us.
I filed on April 16, 2001 in RIR, EB2. But no word from NJ SESA. My lawyer sent a message to SESA. Still no reply. Pleaseeeee help me
Thanks in advance....

No Title

Hi,

As Per NJ Sesa the cases which have been filed on April 26, 2001 in RIR have also got approved. I have many of my friend who got approved on April 23 and 26, 2001.Since it is almost one year(As per SESA ur attorney can call them and find out) since the date u filed and your priority date has surpassed your attorney needs to call and find out.Attorney needs to talk to some officials at SESA.
Then U should know more.Hope U come out with +ve Results in few days.

Please update

When your April 16 RIR goes thru (crossed-finger), don\'t forget to update us. OK? We need your input. Good Luck!!!

Thousands of (LIFE) applications toward end of April 2001

Does anyone knows if there were also "thousands" of LIFE acts applications in May 2001? I hope the month of May/June 2002 would be sufficient to finish off these LIFE appl\'n. So that our LCs would move forward.

Just a info on labor

I hav been quietly watching all of ur good comments...
I got some impt info from my lawyer on how State & Central DOL
process LC applications...
State dept prioritise RIR cases for first 15 days of each month and
second half they process NonRIR/Regular cases only. Central/regional dept process\' all cases in the order of receiving applications from state dept. So this means, RIR cases will be handled only for the first 15 days and next 15 days for regular cases. WHAT a nitemare...
Now, guess what? there are still as many cases as dept had already processed for APRIL 2002, are still in the queue.
Lets say, If anybody\'s case reached dept on 27th April and is first / top in the case list, he/she should be clearing LC by 3rd wk of June.
goodluck...

urgent, please respond

hi
my friend applied her labor in december 2001 (RIR) and her h1 is expiring on 12/02. can she apply for her 7th year extension? what are the rules for 7th year extension?
she is from newjersey.
thanks in advance.

No Title

I dont think she will Qualify for the same.She should have got her Labour then she can stay other wise no i guess.

I think she can thru new PERM LC Law

I don’t know why on this site there is no discussion on new LC premium processing law. I read on some other sites and even have the DOJ document on this new law. According to this new law you can get LC within 1-3 months. And if this law is going to start in Oct this year, as they are guessing, she can switch her LC process to this new PERM process (according to new law you can switch) and can immediately file I-140 and then can get H1-B extension.

Anyone in NJ.. stuck with Regular Labor ?

Applied for Regular Labor ( non-RIR ) in NJ in July, 1999.
NJ SESA forwarded case to NY DOL in Sept., 2001
NY DOL is now processing cases received from SESA\'s on May, 2001.

Anybody in a similar boat ? I mean its probably going to take
3.5 to 4 years for me just to get my Labor ? Isn\'t this the
worst bureaucracy ? Can\'t people in the same boat get together and
do something ?

Call me if you feel the need... its 856 - 321 - 1265

Sumanta Mukherjee
Mapleshade, NJ

keep hope

I don\'t know how to help you. Mine was filed with Atlanta SESA in May, 2001 and they have been processing April cases for more than a year now. Check out the PERM program which was just published. Maybe you can try to refile under PERM.

7th year H1B extension

yes, as long as one has filed H1B 365 days prior to H1B expiration, one can file for 7th year extension. I called INS about this.

Can u plzz let me know

Hello,
       I am in a kinda same boat as you are. I applied for Regular
Labor at NJ SESA in July, 1999. NJ SESA forwarded it to NY DOL
in Sept. 2001. Now its with NY Regional DOL. My H1-B expires in
Feb 2004.
       My co. also applied an RIR Labor with NJ SESA in August, 2001.
Again, my H1-B expires in Feb 2004.

What do you think are my chances of getting my Labor,
Regular or RIR ?

Also, do you know of any good Canadian Immigration attorney
to get a Permanent Residency initiated ?

Sumanta Mukherjee
( sumanta_mukherjee@yahoo.com )
856-321-1265

Yep i agree she can

As per the latest circular on interpretaiton of the rule she can apply for extension of seventh year if she had applied 365 days earlier . other method go ahead and file for I-140.

WHAT CIRCULAR ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE ??

PLEASE CLARIFY ALSO DOES ANYBODY HAS ANY PIECE OF PAPER WHICH CLEARLY SAYS THAT IF YOUR LABOR HAS BEEN APPLIED FOR MORE THAN 365 DAYS YOU ARE FINE EVEN IF YOU DONT FILE I-140

Yes it\'s not clear

You find different interpretations on different sites regarding 7th year extension if your labor is not cleared yet. Still, nobody has claimed with authority that it can be done. There should be somebody with a clear answer to this issue.

Is NJ SESA stopped Accepting New Applications

HI,
   Could any one applied recently for NJ labor can clarify me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.