New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJ Labor in Hybernation

Since NJ labor at trenton in hybernation let us not do the same thing to this NJ labor discussion group. Lets keep on adding our comments/feedback and keep this group on the first page.

Asked to Convert to regular from RIR

same story here. I was asked to do the same. Mid-February, my company ran ad for consecutive 3 days. We were thrilled that after 2 weeks we got only 1 resume. The resume did not have the experience seeked in the ad. But to our dismay we found that Labor Dept sent about 6 more resumes the next week. Luckily all 6 of them did not have the appropriate experience. The next week the department sent 4 more resumes. Still not enough experience. The sad part is the department is saying that it can send resumes even after the 30 day recruitment period. At this point we are at stand still. Not knowing what to do and will i clear the labor or not? send me your emails at batjoy@hotmail.com, if you are in the same boat.

NJ labor is dead slow!!!

Hi my application was recieved for labor- RIR eb2 on july 2001.how long does it take in NJ to approve?

asked to convert RIR to regular labor

same story here. I was asked to do the same. Mid-February, my company ran ad for consecutive 3 days. We were thrilled that after 2 weeks we got only 1 resume. The resume did not have the experience seeked in the ad. But to our dismay we found that Labor Dept sent about 6 more resumes the next week. Luckily all 6 of them did not have the appropriate experience. The next week the department sent 4 more resumes. Still not enough experience. The sad part is the department is saying that it can send resumes even after the 30 day recruitment period. At this point we are at stand still. Not knowing what to do and will i clear the labor or not? send me your emails at batjoy@hotmail.com, if you are in the same boat.

pannu, it shud be fine....unused labor...

As per ununsed labor, the skillsets shud match as mentioned in his labor applications and ur experience letters.
degree shud be equivalent or higher...
experience in no of years shud be more than 5 years(proof as per
experience letters).

Basically u shud have equilavent field and level of experience and degree or higher, still better.

rest shud be fine.... my lawyer has done many such cases in past, it worked out fine always.
i used unused labor in Nov\'01 and applied 140 which got approved in Jan\'02, applied 485 in Feb\'02, now waiting.........
i know many other people on this board who have used unused labor successfully.........

Asked to Advertise

Hello, I applied for my Labor Certification in May 2000. NJ SESA asked for some information to which my Employer sent responses. Recently, SESA asked my Company to advertise for the post. They did, and sent the responses last week (indicating why they have rejected the resumes that they have recieved as part of that advertisement). Any one knows how long it might take to get SESA approval and how long to get Federal (DOL) approval?

Thanks for any help !!

If you don\'t want a GC -- Apply in NJ

Fellow GC aspirants, There are few states which are called the Sates of the Damned and NJ is one of them.

My personal experience I filed my GC originally in NJ in 1995 (regular no RiR in those days) and waited, waited & waited by which time RIR came and may guys beat me and laughed at my stupidity. My company was not willing to do RIR ( Standard Blood sucking technic).

I finally quit in 1999 joined a small firm in Harrisburg filed RIR which was approved in 3 months. I140 in 10 months ( Survived number of INS errors) & did CP & squeked thru with my stamping in Dec 2000 with 2 months to spare on my H1.

Then NJ open my file ( old Attorny called) and asked what to do. I said ask them to Shove it.

So moral of the story is if you are in NJ waiting and hoping without sufficient time on H1 forget it. Be realistic & make plans to re-locate outside the US in 6 years. if you are serious about GC get out of NJ and get a GC.

This is my personal experience. I just regret not having done it earlier.

To rajini

Hi rajini,
I know you applied on 16th, April. Did you get it approved? I still didn\'t get any response.

Hi greensky

Till now I get nothing. I called my lawyer and he sent a letter to SESA, one month back. But no response from NJ SESA. I am really tired of this Labor. What about you?

Help Just$$

Hi Just$$,
I read your post. Now my brother has same situation. Can you explain me what are the criteria for using other person\'s labor. I mean there must be certain time period during which you have to use this labor? Then how much is the time period? Actually in my brother\'s company one person has already give up her GC process, because she got GC through her husband process of GC. Can you please let me know, so that i can help my brother take necessary action right away and use her Labor for his case. She almost has same experience, the other thing is my brother is much qualified then her by education and experience, is that okay?

Please reaply. As you have already done same thing you might be the best person to ask this question. We will appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks buddy.

Please Reply If you have any info.

Hi Friends,
   Can anybody tell me if anyone has heard or seen anybody getting their labor approved applied in the last week of April 2001. Just curious to know as I applied on April 28th in EB2/RIR and I am really getting nightmares about NJ Labor.
Needhelp1

LC STRUCK UP AND H1B 6 YRS LIMIT APPROACHING

ANY BODY IN SAME SHIP AS ME . LET US TRY TO DRAW ATTENTION OF HIGHER UPS IN NJ SESA TO ATLEAST TAKE UP CASES OF PEOPLE WITH H1B 6yr limit approaching . Anybody has any ideas whom to contact ??

what happens if you have applied for labour for more than a yr

gurus,

what happens if you have applied for labour( it is pending) for more than a year and you are approaching your h1 6 yr limit. Can you
stay or do you have to leave US?

Ununsed labor, rinku.....

Rinku
It is as below to the best of my knowledge, still better confirm/consult with a lawyer:
P1 - Person whose labor is approved and unused
P2 - Person who wants to use this unused labor to file 140.

1>. P2 should have atleast 4yr degree + proper completely documented 5 years experience or more + same skillset or more complex, level of complexity should be similar as P1 with exact terms.
2>. P1 may have higher and better experience, but P2 should have good enough to qualify for EB2 Category.
3>. If unused labor is in same calender year, its fine, so it reflects the almost latest labor market req., maybe some probs if
very old unused labor.
4>. Approved labor should not have been used to apply for 140 before,
for ex: if P1 used his approved labor to apply 140 and then quits, then P2 cannot apply for 140 using that labor.

Thanks

RIR processing date(s)

Right now labour dept is working on RIR cases recvd on 27th Apr 2001.
I got this info from my attorney, last week. Attorney say\'z it\'s another 2 to 3 wks.
I applied for labor on April 28th, but it will be accounted for April 3oth 2001. So looks like big april loop is getting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.