New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any body knows, How Many Applications Pending in 245(i) ?

I learned from attorney, approximately 10000 applications pending on 245(i), filed in April 26,27 & 30. If SESA continues in the same rate in approval, may be it will take a year to clear this April...

Don\'t know the fate? ......

NJ Labor update - Mar 31, 02

Hi Guys,
Heard the latest NJ SESA update from Trenton. There has been two days worth of progress in non-RIR category, but alas - no movement in the RIR category!!!
If anyone has got approvals, please share. Lets help each other.
Good Luck, guys.

NJ DOL: 15,000 cases received on April 2001 due to 245i

Immigration lawyer\'s information. Aside from this 15,000 cases, add
few thousands more that have accumulated from May 2001. It\'s
a dilemma. Hopefully, they will be able to clear this as
early as possible. NJ is one of the top 5 states with the most number of immigrants (second to California); I think mostly to IT.

Rumour about SESA stuck on 25-26 April\'01

Heard it on the grapevine "More than 23000 applications were filed during last week of April, 2001"

April 01 labor certifications.

Filed in last quarter of April 2001 RIR/EB3. Has any body who filed in April last year got LC? I dont see any progress in NJ RIR cases. Immigration.com shows the date as stand still since three months and has not moved a single day since then. Any updates please....

Can LC be denied because of overqualification?

I have this question for Mr. Mills and anyone who had an insight of this issue.
I recently heard that one of my friends\' LC got denied, and he strongly believe that it was his degrees confused the examiner.
He had two master\'s degrees but had no work experience, and his salary is just a little above Level I. He believes that his job
ads and job description also have clearly stated it is an entry level job. Anyway it is still denied and the reason was his degrees and
education constitute a qualification for Level II salary.
As far as I know, the decision on the salary and position level should be based on the job position and responsibilities, not on a person\'s overqualification. How could he be denied for overqualification? I mean companies usually pay almost the same salary to
people with higher degrees but without prior experiences, compared to those with bachelor\'s degree but 1/2+ years of experiences.
if a personis overqualified, it should be a good thing for LC since he/she could be better than other applicants. But it could not constitute a reason for Level II salary. Am I right?
I have the same situation, with two M\'s degrees, but no previous experiences in the present occupation. My job ads and description
was defined as "education requirement: BS+1yr experience or Master of XXX with concentration in XXX". According to the DOL
website, there is not specific differences between the job responsibilities of Level I and Level II in my occupation. However, I am really holding an entry level job and the pay is just above Level I. Will SESA interpret it as a higher level job and require Level II salary? How can I deal with it if so? There is no way for me to get so much raise in the next few years.
Thanks for everyone\'s opinions.

Re: Can LC be denied because of overqualification?

I have the same problem and still waiting for the reply from DOL. I think this is really ridiculous. And the DOL has recently increased the salary level for both level 1 and level 2!
A question for wave. Do you know whether your friend got the deny directly, or he got some queries about his salary first, then got the deny? Thanks a lot.

He actually got a return for request of further proof

Ihope, I double checked with my friend and he finally checked out with his lawyer that it was actually a return for futher proof(what a HU
TU CHONG!), not denial yet. His salary is above Level I , but far below Level II and there is no way for him to get such huge increase, therefore his lawyer did a salary survey in his area for the similar positions, and guess the survey result is supportive so the lawyer sent it back to the state DOL. He is still waiting for the result. What is your and your lawyer\'s solution to this issue? Is such a survey convincing?

Some one even suggested to just put level II salary in the form as an indication that the employer is willing to pay. However as I know,
nowadays some people are required by INS to submit their proof of income when they are at I-485 stage(some one is even required to submitt such documents as the I-20 he once used, ridiculous!). So if an appliant cannot get such a real raise in the next one or two years, he will still have trouble with INS when he reaches I-485 phase.

the same thing

For me, it is the same thing and similar solution. And I am still waiting for the reply. Please keep update and help each other.

What is time frame for NJ state LC

Does anyone know to which month NJ DOL have processed the application?
Someone told me NJ state DOL is just processing the case
submitted on April,2001. That means all the applications submitted later are untouched. Is that true ? I can not believe it. It take too
long.

50-100 months?

If NJ sesa did receive 20,000 cases in the last week of April, and they process them at the rate of 200 a month, it will take 100 months...

Even if they only receive 10,000, it will be 50 months before they finish april,2001. And we all know the RIR cases is diffcult to pass now...

The question is how many last week april cases are in their hands now.

Good News... NJ Labor

one of my friend filed labor on April 13 2001, got his labor approved from NJ last week somewhere in April 15 2002.
Thats almost a year, still not bad, a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.

yes.. it is good news, but

It does not have much to do with those who filed after April. God knows how many april cases left in NJ sesa. Anyone has any ideas?

NJ SESA Labor Status 609 984 3520

As of May 1st 2002
Non RIR April 16th 2001
RIR April 27th 2001
Way Out:-

1. Have some other company file another GC for you from one of below mentioned DOL office.
2. Harrisburg PA(Already in 2002) , Pittsburg PA(Already in 2002) or Delaware(Current for both RIR & Non RIR)
3. After GC approval you have to work for that company just three months -that’s all.
4. Remember you can have multiple employers filing GC for you.
5. Or ask your company if they have already approved labor certification which was not used to obtain a green card i.e. employee left the company, did not pursue I485, employee fired...etc.and file I-140 based on that labor certification.

How Much more time does it take to complete April

Hi All,

The forum looks good But how many days does it take to complete April.
the new recording message states that they have started processing April 27.April 28 and 29 are saturday and sunday.
So howlong does it take to complete april and how many applications are there for april 27 and april 30.
I would appreciate if any attorney looks into these two days and let the members know.This would be of great help.
I was told by some people that they have recvd the Labor for May also.

some info on labor in NJ

I had a discussion with my attorney on the subject. He had a detailed meeting with NJ SESA last week. He tells me that " NJ SESA still has 15000 cases pending before they clear April 2001. How many of these are RIR and how many are regular NJ SESA is not indicating . It will take them whole of 2002 to clear the April 2001 backlog. RIR however may be cleared earlier than the end of 2002 but NJ SESA is not giving any dates. " He also told me that based on his gut feeling NJ SESA should clear 2001 april RIR cases in next 2 to 3 months but thats just a gut feeling. My 6 years expire in Feb. 2003 looks like I am doomed. He indicated that writing to NJ DOL head and DOL head in Washington may help to expedite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.