New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI EVERYBODY,
I RECEIVED A REPLY EMAIL FROM MY LAWYER FOR MY 45 DAY LETTER QUESTION. MIGHT BE HELPFUL FOR EVEYBODY..
BYE

NJ JUNE 2002

--------------------------------------------------------
The letters are coming in
very slowly. We are only getting about 3-4 a week, and we have many,
many
clients with pending labor certifications. The 45 day letters are not
being sent out in any particular order. As the backlog centers get the
applications from the various offices, they are entering them into the
computer. Once entered, they send the 45 day letter. Once a response
to
the 45 day letter is received, the officers are adjudicating the cases
in
the order of the earliest filed case to latest.

For example, Case A was filed 4/21/01, Case B was filed 10/3/04, and
Case C
was filed 3/22/03. Cases A-C are entered into the computer and 45 day
letters are sent out. Then the center receives the response to
continue
with Cases B and C. Because Case C was filed before Case B, Case C
will be
adjudicated first. Then, while Case C is being adjudicated, if Case A
is
returned that they wish to continue, then Case A with the earlier
filing
date will then also be adjudicated before Case B.

We gave "wait" quite bit of time, isn't ? I think in this world of microseconds, 3-4 years is humongous. There is no science or faith, its just lobbying that works in any democratic country. Media, congressman and lawyer rule this country, give it a try, shoot couple of letters/email and see how they could ignore half a million emails/mails. Without leting them know about our problems how your congressman knows whats hurting you. Immigration is very complex issue and nobody accept you understands the severity and effect it has on your life/family.

Get out of slave mentality, don't be lazy take action. Don't be encouraged by one or two approvals. I have seen many times when there is enough momentum to take some action, DOL will come up with some approvals and everybody goes into "faith" mode. Naysayers, please don't discourage and stay away from your personal agenda.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it seems like I am not geting the response that I had hoped for. Please comment, where I am wrong. I want help from someof you who are still not in "slave" mentality to spread the word. Keep adding new contact information and suggestions in the "sticky" thread.

Example where "taking action" works
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDhoptsc.html
http://www.murthy.com/action.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Written to Senator Corzine for help

USCISisMockery said:
We gave "wait" quite bit of time, isn't ? I think in this world of microseconds, 3-4 years is humongous. There is no science or faith, its just lobbying that works in any democratic country. Media, congressman and lawyer rule this country, give it a try, shoot couple of letters/email and see how they could ignore half a million emails/mails. Without leting them know about our problems how your congressman knows whats hurting you. Immigration is very complex issue and nobody accept you understands the severity and effect it has on your life/family.

Get out of slave mentality, don't be lazy take action. Don't be encouraged by one or two approvals. I have seen many times when there is enough momentum to take some action, DOL will come up with some approvals and everybody goes into "faith" mode. Naysayers, please don't discourage and stay away from your personal agenda.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it seems like I am not geting the response that I had hoped for. Please comment, where I am wrong. I want help from someof you who are still not in "slave" mentality to spread the word. Keep adding new contact information and suggestions in the "sticky" thread.

Example where "taking action" works
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDhoptsc.html
http://www.murthy.com/action.html

I have written to Senator Jon Corzine for help last week. I urge all New Jerseyans to the same if you want Philly BRC to process our files.

Please write to Bergen Record Editor or other news outlets

I strongly urge New Jerseyans to write to Bergen Record's editor to cover about the unprecented DOL backlogs problem. We have to make this problem transparent in the public in order to push DOL to do something about it.

Editors that you could contact at Bergen Record.

Elise Young (younge@northjersey.com)
Catherine Holahan (holahan@northjersey.com)
John Chadwick (chadwick@northjersey.com)
Jill Schensul (schensul@northjersey.com)

Beside the Bergen Record, you could approach the national newspapers or national tv stations. We need to let the world knows about our problem. Thanks everyone.

aycy

aycy - keep it up. We all have to step up and send out these letters/faxes/emails. We will be helping our own self by doing this. So, all others please do your part and hopefully our efforts will catch their eyes.

Can a layed off person continue GC

Is it possible for a person to continue his GC process even after he is layed off from a company. Even if the the company is willing

Hi
My case details are:
EB3 Normal
PD: 08/08/2002

Have no news where my case might be and what it might be doing. Unfortunately we have finished 6yrs and so we are living on extensions and are noe veterans. But question is where is the case and hoe does one find out about the case???

gcforwhat said:
Hi
My case details are:
EB3 Normal
PD: 08/08/2002

Have no news where my case might be and what it might be doing. Unfortunately we have finished 6yrs and so we are living on extensions and are noe veterans. But question is where is the case and hoe does one find out about the case???

Send a letter to NJ Labor office or send an email to Governor Codey via his website. Give them your name and company name when it was filed. NJ Labor will send a letter informing you where your file is.

Do you have the contact details? if yes, can you please provide us. I am also in same boat.
PD:09/27/2002.

Advance Thanks!
aycy said:
Send a letter to NJ Labor office or send an email to Governor Codey via his website. Give them your name and company name when it was filed. NJ Labor will send a letter informing you where your file is.

NJ Labor initial enquiries through Governor Codey

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/govmail.html

Select "Workforce/Employment".

Click Continue.

Fill in your contacts info.

Under Subtopic select "Topic not listed/Other.
Under Subject type "Permanent Labor Certification enquiry"

In the message box, write a brief message about Labor background (date filed and type of labor certification) and your intention about this enquiry.

You will received a letter from NJ SWA about your status and where your file is at (Within 1 to 2 weeks). I am pretty sure all NJ unopened files have been transferred to Philly BEC.

Hope this helps.

Please sign the letter and send it to Spidey

New Jerseyans ,

Please sign & scan the letter and email to Spidey.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173573

Thanks. :)

Letter Campaign, Print It, Sign it, Scan It, Upload It.
This thread to be the owner of all signed letters.
Please do the following:

1. Download the Word Document template
2. Read it
3. Fill in your personal details
4. Delete the instructions in RED
5. Print it
6. Sign it
7. Scan it
8. Email it to manish_at_philly@yahoo.com

Guys, its good idea to meet at "Menlo park" park at Edison, NJ this saturday around noon, to discuss our course of action. We have to act quickly when iron is hot. I am sure lot of people working in NY commute from NJ. Edison is accessible from Morristown to Jersey City to South Jersey. Spidey or somebody can held similar meeting at King of Prussia, so we will have two chapters working simultaneously, one NJ and other PA.

If we get sufficient response, we will go and set the meeting up. Once we set meeting we have to be quick spread word around because we only have 3 more days to market. Please make sure you pass on our effort to your colleague or friend who are in similar situation but don't care. Just think of it and you will come up with 10-20 victims who will attend the meeting. I am ready to meet even if we can get together 10 victims.

njrirlabor_may02 said:
This forum has been very helpful.

My labor was filed on May 9, 2002 in NJ SESA. I received as RFE in Nov from SESA where they asked about business need, prevaiilng wages and told to readvertise in the office for 10 days. After replying by end of November, the case moved to Federal on Dec 15, 2004.

I received NOF from Federal on 2/25/05 regarding the business necessity and other things. Replied on 3/30/2005. The case was approved on 4/14/2005. Will be filing 140 now and waiting for priority date to become current

Hey was your labor files under EB3 or EB2. If it is EB3, I am surprised how your case got approved when NY DOL is currently processing July 2004 cases.

Thanks
inUSA2000

Company Size

Hi,

The company which has sponsered my Green Card application is a small company and has a decent turnover.My Query is:Any one has any idea if a company is small will it raise questions or cause problems in any of the stages?

Any one has experiences regarding this?

Any Input will be helpful
Thanks

Hi USISisMockery,
I am ready to meet at Menlo Park (Roosevelt Park, Next to the Mall) this Saturday. Thanks for your initiatives. I am with you.

Cheers.

Good idea

Hi USCISismockery

I'm in! I think it's high time we have a meeting and get organized to come up with a plan of action.

Pls post a confirmation to this forum again on Friday 5/6/05.

thanks

PD: 7/16/2002
EB2 RIR

gcforwhat said:
Found out my case was shifted on Jan 13th 2005 to BEC. Is there anyone in my boat.

How you know your case is shifted to BEC? I tired of sending emails to BEC and am not getting any response back.
Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,
LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.