New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
USCISisMockery said:
what the hell, wall street journal is worried about couple of people, who has to go for fingerprinting twice.
Thousands of people are waiting for more than 4 years to get their labor cleared and nobody seems to care.
Why ? Because no political party will gain any vote by supporting legal immigrants.

Our life is at stake on labor certificate and this [removed curse word] writer/reporter has nothing better to write than fingerprint issue.
He/she should write about injustice to all of us who are still suffering because of Labor department blunders like
245(i), PERM...

Sorry, I am being harsh, but I just don't understand why nobody cares about our plight.

Yea I dont mind going to fingerprinting 10 times if they give me labor approval now. We should all write to him and ask him to write article about labor applications pending since 2001 rather than stupid going to fingerprinting 2-3 times. He has mentioned his contact info in that thread. Here it is again -
barry newman
wall street journal
212-416-4902
718-857-6888

barry.newman@wsj.com

justdoit said:
Yea I dont mind going to fingerprinting 10 times if they give me labor approval now. We should all write to him and ask him to write article about labor applications pending since 2001 rather than stupid going to fingerprinting 2-3 times. He has mentioned his contact info in that thread. Here it is again -
barry newman
wall street journal
212-416-4902
718-857-6888

barry.newman@wsj.com

Another proof that DOL is laughing at us. Today PERM rejected 17 applications due to technical errors.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=170041
justdoit, you seems to be only person on the thread which takes matter in your hand (ref. DOL backlog tracker). How about we compile list of contact info of all the editors of all big news papers. Lets call all the newsrooms with our problems and I am sure there might be some brave soul who can write about it in newspaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think explain how we suffer do not harm anything. We r honest legal people here to try to get what they deserve. I honestly work very hard for this country even sometimes more than a citizen.
I think an e-mail would be helpful. Let write to this person something... :eek:

USCISisMockery said:
Another proof that DOL is laughing at us. Today PERM rejected 17 applications due to technical errors.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=170041
justdoit, you seems to be only person on the thread which takes matter in your hand (ref. DOL backlog tracker). How about we compile list of contact info of all the editors of all big news papers. Lets call all the newsrooms with our problems and I am sure there might be some brave soul who can write about it in newspaper.

Question

I applied in Sept 2002 and its getting really frustrating especially when friends who have applied in other states like Utah have already got the GC's

My question is about the new process at the backlog reduction center. Is the process combined for state and federal or is it just for state. Can some one please explain what is the process.

Thank you very much

45 day Letters pretty soon

Folks,
I just spoke with an associate at the Philly BEC. They confirmed that they just started sending the 45 day notice letters out. They did not confirm and approximate time when we should be seeing these letters and really dont have means to track the cases.

In anycase, it surely is an improvement from what they have been saying for the past few months.

Members of this forum, please stay put and update the forum as soon as anyone of you receive intimation from your employer/attorney that they have got the letters.

TiredNJLabourer :
The process at the BEC is, once they get the data entered into the system about your case, they will issue a 45 day letter to your employer or attorney. Once they confirm that you are still a valid candidate and respond back within 45 days of receiving that letter, they will reopen your case and either approve or deny it. It bypasses state and federal levels. Just one time deal at one place which is BEC. Thats all.

Other Gurus can confirm this as well.
-Nervewreck

TiredNJLabourer said:
I applied in Sept 2002 and its getting really frustrating especially when friends who have applied in other states like Utah have already got the GC's

My question is about the new process at the backlog reduction center. Is the process combined for state and federal or is it just for state. Can some one please explain what is the process.

Thank you very much

45 Day letter

Has any one recived 45 day letter or has any one send the status mail to
BRC and get reply ?
this is really unfair the people from florida SWA (2003) newer made to Regional also started to get letter. and we are still waiting then where is FIFO ? is this FIFO is based on State :D :D :D

gcislife said:
Has any one recived 45 day letter or has any one send the status mail to
BRC and get reply ?
this is really unfair the people from florida SWA (2003) newer made to Regional also started to get letter. and we are still waiting then where is FIFO ? is this FIFO is based on State :D :D :D

don't whine, take action

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1118174&postcount=1054
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1118268&postcount=1058
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1117628&postcount=1021

Labor approved

This forum has been very helpful.

My labor was filed on May 9, 2002 in NJ SESA. I received as RFE in Nov from SESA where they asked about business need, prevaiilng wages and told to readvertise in the office for 10 days. After replying by end of November, the case moved to Federal on Dec 15, 2004.

I received NOF from Federal on 2/25/05 regarding the business necessity and other things. Replied on 3/30/2005. The case was approved on 4/14/2005. Will be filing 140 now and waiting for priority date to become current.

njlabor_may02 said:
This forum has been very helpful.

My labor was filed on May 9, 2002 in NJ SESA. I received as RFE in Nov from SESA where they asked about business need, prevaiilng wages and told to readvertise in the office for 10 days. After replying by end of November, the case moved to Federal on Dec 15, 2004.

I received NOF from Federal on 2/25/05 regarding the business necessity and other things. Replied on 3/30/2005. The case was approved on 4/14/2005. Will be filing 140 now and waiting for priority date to become current.

Thatks great news! Congratulations. So your case got their in Dec 04. There are people ere whose case got transferred to NY DOL as early as July 04, but they have not heard a thing.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Thanks everybody.. this forum has been a great help.

After waiting for 3 years to get labor approval, it would be real bad if we have to wait again for priority date.

Good luck to all of you. My case got approved inspite of lot of goof ups by my previous attorney. So there is hope.

Hello njlabor_may02

Will you please answer following queries on your case?
1. Are you in IT?
2. In which category you applied your LC (RIR/Non-RIR)?
3.I suppose your status here is H1B, am I right?

This information help all others to track their cases too. I do not understand in what manner these guys are processing cases?

Reply to GC_Pain

I am in IT- RIR. Currently on H1. Will complete 6 years in July, 05. Applied for 7th year extension. My previous attorney goofed up and pasted my resume skill set in the job description. So I had to change the attorney when I realized that she is incapable to handle Labor querries.

I was naive back then. I got query from both SESA and Federal stating that the description is too restrictive. Answered both times that it is really required for the business. i don't know if this thing is going to haunt me in 140/485.

Hello njlabor_may02

Thanks for your information. All the best for next steps. By the way you can concurrently file I140/I485 now. This gonna be good news for you.

I wonder to what happen my case. Myne applied in NJ SESA on April22 and got RFE in Sept2004 from NJ-SESA. Answered RFE and forwarded to NYDOL in first week of October 2004. Since then no answer at all. My case is RIR and I am in IT field too. My 6 year limit is going to reach in 4 months. I am in dilema what to do? Do you have any words about my case? I need to know when I am going to hear from NYDOL on my case? Thanks in advance for your information.

GC_Pain

You should apply for the 7th year extension immediately. If you hear anything adverse in Labor, you are good for atleast 12 additional months.

About the Labor application, if you have not heard anything, it must have gone to the backlog center. This is what was posted on murthy.com on 4.15.05:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_perbac.html

The DOL reported that the Backlog Processing / Elimination Centers (BPCs) received approximately 250,000 pending cases by mid-March 2005. Many of these are still being data processed. A small number of BPC personnel are now processing labor certifications, though the DOL did not have a processing time estimate since the majority of the BPC personnel are still working on data entry. As of this writing, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have not received any substantive action (approval, denial, Notice of Finding) from the BPCs.

I have a feeling that the cases will move faster once they start. Since the PERM cases are promised to be cleared so quickly, it would not be good if previous cases are left to suffer. One substantial advantage you will have over PERM cases is the 'priority date' is current. Hang in there and good things will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.