Never Registered for Selective Service

VRodriguez

So, I didn't fill up my application my sister did a couple of months ago, she didn't tell me that I had to register for selective service, so the date for my interview was set and I went and passed the test and told the officer that I didn't know I had to sing up for that, my application was put on hold and he gave me the case number and told me to mail him Proof Of Selective Service Registration now the problem is he set a due date on the paper for FEB 05 and from what I've seen it takes at least two to three month for that to be deliver, any advice?

* I tried online registration but it did not let me. I send the form two weeks ago.

How did it go? Found out about this selective service just days ago when trying to fill out the naturalization form, my husband did not register at the time, like many others, he had no idea and he was 25 when we moved here.

Ah, I thought you had to register until and including the age of 26, but I just saw you have to register between 18 and 25 years of age.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, I have a quick question about selective service. My husband has begun his citizenship application and came across Selective Service . he was brought to the US when he was kid 10 years old and has been here since then. He became Permanent Resident 5 years and was 28 or 29 at that time. He was not aware of this requirement neither was I and I'm a US Citizen . I called Selective Service and they said it does not apply to him because he is age 34 now , but my question is do we still submit an explanation letter of why he did not register?? any information or help greatly appreciated .

Good afternoon, I have a quick question about selective service. My husband has begun his citizenship application and came across Selective Service . he was brought to the US when he was kid 10 years old and has been here since then. He became Permanent Resident 5 years and was 28 or 29 at that time. He was not aware of this requirement neither was I and I'm a US Citizen . I called Selective Service and they said it does not apply to him because he is age 34 now , but my question is do we still submit an explanation letter of why he did not register?? any information or help greatly appreciated .
He does not need an explanation or status letter if he is over 31.