Need urgent help - advice for US travel on B visa

lll_k123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Here is my sad. I was convicted of DUI and was on probation for 1 year. On the 11th month of my probation I was arrested for Domestic voilence (my wife called police, she is a metally unstable). This arrest inturn lead to another arrest - Voilation of Probation.
In this situation I was totally messed up and started becoming nervous fighting for all kind of cases. Meanwhile I was again arrested for Public Intoxication. This totally broke me.
Later on in few days my wife again called the police and told that I had disturbed her and broke "No Contact Order" from court. This lead to another arrest and this was Non ballable.
Fortunately I fought my cases and got Domestic voilence & "Voilation of No contact order" to be dismissed.
In this tenure I lost my job and was on L1 visa. So the probation officer certified me that "I could not complete my Probation Satisfactorily". With all these back marks I came back to India.

Totally I am convicted of:
1) DUI
2) Probation not completed satisfactorily
3) Public Intoxication.

Currently I hold a B1 visa and may be required to travel to US. I need your suggestion on this if I need to travel or Not. What will be the consequences if I travel. I was not deported in the above cases. Only reason I lost the job which was on L1 Visa (employer visa). Probation officer left me saying that I may go back to India but they will certify as "Probation Completed Unsatisfactorily".

This all event happened between 2007 & 2008. Now I am struck, to know I can travel on B1 visa which the got it before 2007.

Please advice...

thnx....

Hi All,

Here is my sad. I was convicted of DUI and was on probation for 1 year. On the 11th month of my probation I was arrested for Domestic voilence (my wife called police, she is a metally unstable). This arrest inturn lead to another arrest - Voilation of Probation.
In this situation I was totally messed up and started becoming nervous fighting for all kind of cases. Meanwhile I was again arrested for Public Intoxication. This totally broke me.
Later on in few days my wife again called the police and told that I had disturbed her and broke "No Contact Order" from court. This lead to another arrest and this was Non ballable.
Fortunately I fought my cases and got Domestic voilence & "Voilation of No contact order" to be dismissed.
In this tenure I lost my job and was on L1 visa. So the probation officer certified me that "I could not complete my Probation Satisfactorily". With all these back marks I came back to India.

Totally I am convicted of:
1) DUI
2) Probation not completed satisfactorily
3) Public Intoxication.

Currently I hold a B1 visa and may be required to travel to US. I need your suggestion on this if I need to travel or Not. What will be the consequences if I travel. I was not deported in the above cases. Only reason I lost the job which was on L1 Visa (employer visa). Probation officer left me saying that I may go back to India but they will certify as "Probation Completed Unsatisfactorily".

This all event happened between 2007 & 2008. Now I am struck, to know I can travel on B1 visa which the got it before 2007.

Please advice...

thnx....

Find the form I-192 and read the instructions carefully. It may or may not be granted and might be your only chance.

Thnx BigJoe5....but currently i am holding B1 VISA WHICH I GOT IT STAMPED BEFORE THESE CONVICTIONS. My question is "Can I use the same B1 Visa to travel now"? Will there be any problems at the port of entry...Please advice.

Thnx BigJoe5....but currently i am holding B1 VISA WHICH I GOT IT STAMPED BEFORE THESE CONVICTIONS. My question is "Can I use the same B1 Visa to travel now"? Will there be any problems at the port of entry...Please advice.

You will likely be found inadmissible. You must apply for and obtain a waiver before trying to travel to the U.S. if you travel without a waiver, you will either be subject to expedited removal or possibly allowed to "withdraw" and get back on a plane BUT in either scenario they will cancel your B visa. If Exp Rem, you will be banned for 5 years.

Hi BigJoe5,

Thanks for the information and advice. I would like to know if I am really inadmissible. I have gone through form I-192 but could not figure out my case/situation. Currently I dont have any arrest warrants. I came back to India closing all my cases.

I have pleded guilty for DUI/Probation not completed Satisfactorily/Pleaded guilty for PI. Paid all court fees & fines and completed all sentences. Please advice.

You need to sit down with a competent immigration lawyer with all the paperwork and have him/her sort through the nitty-gritty details with you.

Hi BigJoe5,

Thanks for the quick reply. Right now I am in India and dont find any good international lawyers dealing with US immigration. Can I get in touch with Rajiv Khanna on his con call. Dont know the procedure to touch base with him. This is very important for me.

Just one DUI arrest lead to so many arrests in one year. Lost my life, my name shoots up in google also for arrest on probation voilation. Messed up fully. Dont know if I can make it or not. Please advice if you know some way out for me.

Thanx in advance.....

You can start by becoming a teetotaller. Then you can email Rajiv Khanna. Not the end of the world for you.

Just one DUI arrest lead to so many arrests in one year. Lost my life, my name shoots up in google also for arrest on probation voilation. Messed up fully. Dont know if I can make it or not. Please advice if you know some way out for me.