Need to travel to India right after Oath ceremony

ppobox74

Registered Users (C)
My oath ceremony is scheduled for the 12th in Newark. I have to fly to India on the 15th and that does not give me enough time to get US passport + entry visa. I was thinking of getting the US passport and applying for OCI once i am in India. Am planning to use my India passport to travel to India this time. Anybody with similar experiences?

You are not allowed to use Indian passport after you naturalize. If are caught, the consequences are uncertain. Postpone your oath.

My oath ceremony is scheduled for the 12th in Newark. I have to fly to India on the 15th and that does not give me enough time to get US passport + entry visa.
I was thinking of getting the US passport and applying for OCI once i am in India.
Am planning to use my India passport to travel to India this time.
-------------- Because of people like you who used Indian passport for entry to India after getting other country citizenship they have started this surrender certificate and cancellation of Indian passports and FEES. You cannot use Indian passport now.

Anybody with similar experiences?
--------------

I want to use my US passport, however, have very little time to get my visa. Would people know how long it takes to get the entry visa in NY?

When you apply for OCI in India they will ask for proof of entry into India on a visa and US passport, which you won't have. I don't know what the consequences are for using an Indian passport that is invalid. Call Travisa and see if they can grant you a same day visa. Otherwise, postpone your oath ceremony.

OP should postpone oath ceremony
Or
go for oath then get US passport and Entry Visa. He need to get SC when apply for Entry Visa. He must check with Travisa.

3 days

took me 3 days... day 1... went for emergency passport. the same day i got my sc and indian pp cancelled... day 2 went to collect my USpp, the same day i dropped of the passport for entry visa at travisa. day 3 went to collect the passport with entry visa stamped

Oh that fast? Did they ask for proof of travel for the SC and visa? On the Travisa website it says that same day visa isn't available for former Indian nationals.

go to web site http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html and schedule an appointment for later part of day on 12th (same day as your oath). Extra fee will be vharged but passport will be issued in a day or two (same day or next day).
go to web site http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=200; this CGI NY web site with instructions for obtaining emergency visa; not sure whether they will need SC to issue this temporary visa.
AND
do not travel to India with American passport and Indian passport (valid, not cancelled). One loses Indian citizenship when voluntarily acquires any foreign citizenship. Consequnces could be arrested at airport to jail time to fine; and unwarranted and unnecessary attention.
Alternately, either postpone India trip or delay oath.

Oh that fast? Did they ask for proof of travel for the SC and visa? On the Travisa website it says that same day visa isn't available for former Indian nationals.

i had air ticket itinerary. i did get everything done in 3 days. call the people at trivisa and ask them for the time frame now. u need to take the oath, apply for passort (get SC using the nat certificate) then apply for entry visa. plan accordingly. as whats next in line . but like i mentioned u need a min of 3 days.

The problem of OP (ppobox74) reminds me of the skit called "Worse Case Scenario" from a Radio Show. olddude #9 did well in pointing out that the USC travelling under an uncancelled Indian passport might even be arrested and jailed. Well done !! On the other hand, the ex-indian citizen cannot travel to India even if he wanted; his permanent resident card will be given up at the USC interview; without that card, the fake "indian citizen" cannot board the plane when he wants to depart India. Life could get very very complicated. However, I would encourage ppobox74 to try it and post his misery from India. After all, that could be just the sort of community service for a forum like this -- those that come later could benefit a lot from such an experience and a post.

The problem of OP (ppobox74) reminds me of the skit called "Worse Case Scenario" from a Radio Show. olddude #9 did well in pointing out that the USC travelling under an uncancelled Indian passport might even be arrested and jailed. Well done !! On the other hand, the ex-indian citizen cannot travel to India even if he wanted; his permanent resident card will be given up at the USC interview; without that card, the fake "indian citizen" cannot board the plane when he wants to depart India. Life could get very very complicated. However, I would encourage ppobox74 to try it and post his misery from India. After all, that could be just the sort of community service for a forum like this -- those that come later could benefit a lot from such an experience and a post.

just cut the sarcasm. are u even aware that a permanent resident can get his american visa stamped on his passport if he wishes to? and he can board the plane using that. if youmr dont have advices, dont give them. not giving advice is fine but giving,misleading and stupid advice is even worse. and your sarcasm is intolerable. how does ur wife kids or parents cope with u Mr Know it all (Mr Perfect Idiot)?

just cut the sarcasm. are u even aware that a permanent resident can get his american visa stamped on his passport if he wishes to? and he can board the plane using that. if youmr dont have advices, dont give them. not giving advice is fine but giving,misleading and stupid advice is even worse. and your sarcasm is intolerable. how does ur wife kids or parents cope with u Mr Know it all (Mr Perfect Idiot)?

In the U.S., there's something called freedom of speech. Obviously you have never heard of it. Look it up you will learn something new. Also, you know how the wise people said, speak when you're spoken to. That same goes for you. When no one is mentioning your name, then don't bark. You're not a very well trained dog, are you?

Oh and by the way, private forums don't have the 1st Amendment, so no - you haven't gotten any freedom of speech here.

Oh and by the way, private forums don't have the 1st Amendment, so no - you haven't gotten any freedom of speech here.

this is internet.. i can say whatever i want to. you can't come out of the screen and say anything. you can just write... as i do

Freedom of speech is only freedom to express; bullying is entirely different subject and not covered under freedom of speech. This includes so called cyber bullying.
Yes, I went to school here in US; and yes, there are rules to freedom of speech.
Physical address can be tracked through IP address; so, yes people may jump out of screen if needed (though not literally but figuratively). Please do not spoil this forum with personal agenda.

And after all this she is surprised why Indian consulate stopped all the correspondence with her... :D