• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

need helps "error in my forms DS-230

helllo.11

Registered Users (C)
hi every body, i'm new in this forum and i really need your help
i realized today that i did mistakes in my forms ds 230 part1
the first mistak its 5.Age, i put 25years, but i will be 25 in november so now i'm 24
and second mistak 32.In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States? and i didnt answer, didnt write anything
so i want to know if its a big error and mistake, and what i should to do,
and i need someone to help me for write a mail for KKC to explain all that to them
i'm really worry and stressed right now, so please i need so much your help i'm waiting your answers

There is no need to send another form.

Send an email with your full name, case number and dob and tell them which points you specifically want to change. They'll add this to your case.

help

There is no need to send another form.

Send an email with your full name, case number and dob and tell them which points you specifically want to change. They'll add this to your case.

thnx tazmania, i wanna know if i have to put 24 years in age coz my birthday will be in november i born in november 1988 ??
and please help me for write mail to kkc coz my english its not good, i speak french
between what mean dob ?

Right now your age is 24, so change it to 24. Anyway as they have the correct DOB (date of birth) it doesn't matter much

Write:

Full name:
DOB:
Your case number:

and:

Dear Sirs,

I would like to make the following changes to my form DS-230:

5. change age from 25 to 24
32. Add .... (put in what you want to do as work) as occupation.

Reagrds,

Right now your age is 24, so change it to 24. Anyway as they have the correct DOB (date of birth) it doesn't matter much

Write:

Full name:
DOB:
Your case number:

and:

Dear Sirs,

I would like to make the following changes to my form DS-230:

5. change age from 25 to 24
32. Add .... (put in what you want to do as work) as occupation.

Reagrds,

thnx so much, tell me do you think this notification will affect the procecing of my case, there will be any complication or problem about my case ??? and make this notification is it normal i mean nothing to be worry about it
and about the question 32. what i had to put there i dont have any idea about what i can work in us
sorry to ask all this question i'm just so worry about that, coz i saw visa bulletin and for this october that will be between 1 to 7500 and my case number its between this number, so tell me more about that, and tell me if i dont have to get much worry, coz im so so so worry right now

thnx so much, tell me do you think this notification will affect the procecing of my case, there will be any complication or problem about my case ??? and make this notification is it normal i mean nothing to be worry about it
and about the question 32. what i had to put there i dont have any idea about what i can work in us
sorry to ask all this question i'm just so worry about that, coz i saw visa bulletin and for this october that will be between 1 to 7500 and my case number its between this number, so tell me more about that, and tell me if i dont have to get much worry, coz im so so so worry right now

Your case number is important - it means that you will get a notification for interview within a couple of days and that KCC will very shortly be sending your forms to the consular office. SO - for that reason send your corrections by email anyway as suggested by Tazmania. Then print that email and take it to the interview because your forms may not get corrected before they are sent out. It won't be an issue - those mistakes are not going to cause a problem, but it would be good to show you tried to correct them.

Your case number is important - it means that you will get a notification for interview within a couple of days and that KCC will very shortly be sending your forms to the consular office. SO - for that reason send your corrections by email anyway as suggested by Tazmania. Then print that email and take it to the interview because your forms may not get corrected before they are sent out. It won't be an issue - those mistakes are not going to cause a problem, but it would be good to show you tried to correct them.

thnx britsimon, i was thinking the same too, and thats why i'm so worry, so should i write this msg suggested by Tazmania, or i had explain more about this mistaks, like to explain for the age i will 25 in november 2013 and for work in us, said i forgot to put something there,
and plz what i had to make for this question about work in us, have no idea, is it correct if i make uknown for now ??
give me more information i really need it, and give me an example for msg too, i dont wanna make more mistake so you can understand
Thnx

Use the email format suggested by Tazmania above. DOB is date of birth.

Listen, even if you don't send the email it won't be a problem so calm down and relax. Read what has already been suggested and follow that advice - but more important RELAX!

Use the email format suggested by Tazmania above. DOB is date of birth.

Listen, even if you don't send the email it won't be a problem so calm down and relax. Read what has already been suggested and follow that advice - but more important RELAX!

Thnx britsimon, i'm bit relax for now, thnx for the advices
but tell me do you think i should wait to get my second NL to email them
or its preferable to do it now, and i will ask again about the question 32. what i sould write i really dont know, and like i said, is it correcte if i will make "uknown for now"

Then write "not known now" for 32. But at the interview you should have an idea because the will for sure ask how do you want to earn money.

Send it know but that are anyway no real errors.

Then write "not known now" for 32. But at the interview you should have an idea because the will for sure ask how do you want to earn money.

Send it know but that are anyway no real errors.

Thnx Tazmania, well what you think about this email i will send to kkc

Objet: My Inquiry concerning my forms: (CN)

Case Number:
Applicant Name:
Birthday:
Adresss:
E-Mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I Have an inquiry according to my forms.

I would like to make the following changes to my form DS-230 Part I:
question 5. Age ? change age from 25 to 24 cause i will be 25 years in november 2013 so now i'm 24 years old
question 32. In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States? change it to "not known for now"

Thanks in advance, and best regards

is it correcte what i wrote now, tell me if i had make some modification, or if you have another suggestion
i'm waiting

Sounds good to me.

ok Tazmania thank you
well for now i didnt send it yet so if there are anything you can advice me more so that will be good
and anyone can give me more advices about my case will be really so nice
so thnx for all

Error in forms

I just realised that I made mistakes in my Country of Nativity on the online forms we completed. Can this be an issue for me? I have corrected them on the DS230 form but I am eager to know if this will affect me
I need help urgently on this. My mind is not at rest on this

QUOTE=helllo.11;2644035]Thnx Tazmania, well what you think about this email i will send to kkc

Objet: My Inquiry concerning my forms: (CN)

Case Number:
Applicant Name:
Birthday:
Adresss:
E-Mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I Have an inquiry according to my forms.

I would like to make the following changes to my form DS-230 Part I:
question 5. Age ? change age from 25 to 24 cause i will be 25 years in november 2013 so now i'm 24 years old
question 32. In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States? change it to "not known for now"

Thanks in advance, and best regards

is it correcte what i wrote now, tell me if i had make some modification, or if you have another suggestion
i'm waiting[/QUOTE]

I just realised that I made mistakes in my Country of Nativity on the online forms we completed. Can this be an issue for me? I have corrected them on the DS230 form but I am eager to know if this will affect me

Are you saying you claimed the wrong country of birth on the eDV application which led to you subsequent selection? You need to be a bit more specific, provide more information in order to get accurate responses. Your posting, as it is, is a bit broad and vague.

As Sm1smom pointed out, you need to give more details for us to be able to guide you. But I just want to add that if the country of chargeability you indicated on your eDV form (prior to your selection) and the country you indicated on your DS-230 (after your selection) are not in the same continent, then, my mate your chances to secure a visa for you and any of your dependents are slim, to say the least. This type of errors is a serious ground for disqualification in the DV process. I hope that it's not the case for you.

Are you saying you claimed the wrong country of birth on the eDV application which led to you subsequent selection? You need to be a bit more specific, provide more information in order to get accurate responses. Your posting, as it is, is a bit broad and vague.

Thanks for your response.

I did not claim a wrong country of birth. My country of birth was right just the country of nativity that I mistakenly picked the country that appeared before my own country in the drop-down list. So I just want to know if this will not affect my chances at the interview

Thank you

Thanks for your response.

I did not claim a wrong country of birth. My country of birth was right just the country of nativity that I mistakenly picked the country that appeared before my own country in the drop-down list. So I just want to know if this will not affect my chances at the interview

Thank you

This is a little confusing as country of nativity MEANS country where you were born.

There are two drop down lists on the form. One is the country where you were born - from what you say I think you picked that one correctly. The other pick list is country of chargeability. IN come circumstances that can be different to your country of birth. Neither one (nativity/chargeability) has anything to do with your current citizenship.

From what you are saying you probably picked the wrong country of chargeability (which for most people is left blank).

OK - for us to tell whether this is a problem or not you need answer these three questions.

Where were you born (country)
What countries did you enter on the form (both drop down list values you picked).
What region is your case number (your case number contains one of the following EU/AF/OC/AS/SA/NA)

Error on DS-230, pls help me

hello everyone, I am new here and will please need on input.

I came to the US in 2007 on the DV Lottery program, but on the Ds-230 my child name was not included because we understood the information as (21a) person who is going with you now and (21b) person who will follow as a later date. So since it was just my husband and I leaving at that time we just put the two of us. Now I am a citizen and will like to send for my child, can that be possible?

If this will help my husband was the primary applicant. please I need all the help I can get.