Need help on what to do to get green card

Seminole452

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I got caught crossing one texas checkpoint using a citizenship that was not mine. They fingerprinted me and got deported.

I tried to apply for the green card, but did not pursue because the lawyer refused to help me because I did not tell him from the start about the incident. The lawyer did run a fingerprint background check with the FBI. But none of that came in the report, it came out clean.

This happened 12 years ago, my husband has a resident card and I have 4 US Citizen kids. Ages ranging from 9yrs to 23yrs, the 23yr old is married.

What do you recommend I should do?

Thank You Very Much.

I got caught crossing one texas checkpoint using a citizenship that was not mine.
Do you mean using a passport that was not yours?

Are you inside or outside the US? If inside, did you enter legally?

Do you mean using a passport that was not yours?

Are you inside or outside the US? If inside, did you enter legally?

I was pretending to be a us citizen.

Im in the US, and I entered illegally. The lawyer that was helping me before made me pay a fine for entering illegally. As far as I know and according too the previous lawyer I should be clear on that. If not I would like to know what to do.

Im in the US, and I entered illegally. The lawyer that was helping me before made me pay a fine for entering illegally. As far as I know and according too the previous lawyer I should be clear on that.

Your lawyers sound bogus. FBI shouldn't be the place that he check for fingerprint, it should be USCIS, I don't think there's any way to run "fingerprint check" anyway. And what did he mean by "clear on that"? There's no way to change the fact that you entered illegally, you'll never be "cleared". As far as I know, there's no pathway to green card unless you leave the US and wait for a number of years.

I was pretending to be a us citizen.

Im in the US, and I entered illegally. The lawyer that was helping me before made me pay a fine for entering illegally.
So you had filed the necessary paperwork before the April 2001 to be qualified for 245(i)? When you were deported, did they impose a ban of any specific length?

Your lawyers sound bogus. FBI shouldn't be the place that he check for fingerprint, it should be USCIS, I don't think there's any way to run "fingerprint check" anyway. And what did he mean by "clear on that"? There's no way to change the fact that you entered illegally, you'll never be "cleared". As far as I know, there's no pathway to green card unless you leave the US and wait for a number of years.

Exactly. That false claim to citizenship and the following deportation is not going to be in criminal databases. And it's probably not in anything else that is accessible to a lawyer or a regular individual, except maybe in your A-file which takes months to obtain.

The lawyer that was helping me before made me pay a fine for entering illegally. As far as I know and according too the previous lawyer I should be clear on that. If not I would like to know what to do. .

I wasn't aware that lawyers were authorized to collect immigration fines on behalf of USCIS. You were ripped off by that thief, claiming to be a lawyer. Entering the USA without proper authorization is illegal, no amount of fines can clear that issue. Worst of all, claiming US citizenship places a permanent bar for any future immigration benefits on the person claiming to be a US citizen.

I wasn't aware that lawyers were authorized to collect immigration fines on behalf of USCIS.
C'mon dude, you know she meant that the lawyer simply collected the fine on her behalf to submit with the paperwork for 245(i).

Entering the USA without proper authorization is illegal, no amount of fines can clear that issue.
Yes it can. Those who entered long ago and did the appropriate paperwork by April 2001 to qualify for 245(i) and paid the fine can later adjust status even after entering illegally.

Worst of all, claiming US citizenship places a permanent bar for any future immigration benefits on the person claiming to be a US citizen.
Yes, that combined with reentering illegally during what might have been a post-deportation ban makes things reeeeeeeaalllllly difficut if not impossible to obtain a green card. And then with a spouse who is only an LPR and not a citizen, that delays eligibility for AOS. Seminole452 needs an EXPERT lawyer, not an anonymous web forum.