NEED ADVICE ON ASYLUM vs. EMPLYMENT GC.

masylee

Registered Users (C)
Hi , i'm a new member and this is my data : apllied for asylum 11/2002, asylum granted 12/2003, then I-485 01/2005 . Before i became an asilee i got here illegal ( i had to run out of my country to save my life from guerilla , couldn't get visa fast ) . Right now i'm working for a great company and they offer me to be my sponsor to get a GC based on Employment. I 'm very confused because i know about the new backlog with the asylum, but also the speed of the Employment process. My question is : SHOULD I TRY TO GET THE EMPLOYMENT GC? OR BETTER WAIT FOR MY GC ASYLUM BASED? also if i wait for the GC asylum based do you guys have any estimate of how long i'll have to wait to get it? .
THANKS. in advance for any idea or answer; i will really appreciate it.

GOD BLESS YOU.

if i was in your shoes i would do with the employment GC. this is not a advise but a simple opinion of my own.

masylee said:
Hi , i'm a new member and this is my data : apllied for asylum 11/2002, asylum granted 12/2003, then I-485 01/2005 . Before i became an asilee i got here illegal ( i had to run out of my country to save my life from guerilla , couldn't get visa fast ) . Right now i'm working for a great company and they offer me to be my sponsor to get a GC based on Employment. I 'm very confused because i know about the new backlog with the asylum, but also the speed of the Employment process. My question is : SHOULD I TRY TO GET THE EMPLOYMENT GC? OR BETTER WAIT FOR MY GC ASYLUM BASED? also if i wait for the GC asylum based do you guys have any estimate of how long i'll have to wait to get it? .

GOD BLESS YOU.

I believe it is better for you to get GC throught asylee I-485.

By the way, asylee I-485 is fast now.

masylee said:

GOD BLESS YOU.

I believe the best deal is GC through employment. Last week, my attoney mentioned that he could get GC thru employment in 2 to 3 months. I think you could apply for GC through employment without risking your asylum based I-485. Given your ND 2005, I would opt for GC thru employment.

Wait to hear others opinion.

masylee said:

GOD BLESS YOU.

You were once illegal. Never for a second think of abandoning your asylum status and trying GC any other way. You will run into serious trouble in future without any way out. Stick with Asylum based GC.

Lazer "thegreat" gave you the best advice.
The "Misrepresentation" waiver for your adjustment is only available for Refugees/Asylees. You wont have another opportunity for a waiver without the Asylum route.

Lazerthegreat said:
You were once illegal. Never for a second think of abandoning your asylum status and trying GC any other way. You will run into serious trouble in future without any way out. Stick with Asylum based GC.

Lazer:

Do you believe that an asylee who obtains a GC thru employment would abandon asylum status? I know asylees who got their GC thru DV and marriage. My understanding is that they did not have any problem whatsoever. Is GC thru employment different from GC thru marriage or DV?

Do not both with the EB process. It is in all probablity not going to be faster because it is subject to quotas and asylee adjustment is not. Check out the new visa bulletin from the state department and you will see what I mean.

And have you had enought of the immigration process? Why in the world would you want to put youself through more USCIS crap? Come on, you can work for whoever you want an an asylee and do not have to worry about USCIS. This is the type of freedom that many people envy and you want to give it up?

I am not sure what you mean by entering illegaly. But if you used faked documents (as many asylees did) then you cannot do EB employment period.

Good luck.

bornTwice said:
Lazer:

Do you believe that an asylee who obtains a GC thru employment would abandon asylum status? I know asylees who got their GC thru DV and marriage. My understanding is that they did not have any problem whatsoever. Is GC thru employment different from GC thru marriage or DV?

The fact of the matter is the way to adjust to become a PR. Only Refugees/Asylees are allowed to fill the I-602 waiver if you came to U.S illegaly. Other immigrant category(from employment to marriage) do not have the option to do that. There is a i-601 waiver which can be filled by an Immigrant ONLY if he is outside the country at thats for employment based or family based if they are suffering from some diseases..

So No you may not lose your asylum status but your I-485 will be denied because of misrepresentation. One can claim that you can succesfully argue that since you were an asylee, you should be allowed to fill a waiver but then USCIS can also argue that since you filled the I-485 as an employment-based application, you are not allowed to go through that route.

My suggestion would be to stick with Asylee based adjustment as the cap has been removed and it gives you more employment freedom as a poster suggested.

bornTwice said:
Lazer:

bornTwice! First of all I agree with what wantmygcnow said above. The GC obtained thru any route is the same, per se. I mean you are a permanent resident of USA with certain rights and these rights are same for all GC holders (marriage based, asylum based etc. ) GC itself is nothing more than a proof of your permanent residency in the US.
Now the problem arising during naturalization when you have used your asylum based GC extensively to go back to country of persecution. YOu understand my point. GC's are not different while you are using the previlige in a proper manner and you do not raise Red Flags in front of CIS that you had obtained the benefit frivilously in the first place. Other than that every GC holder is the same and you will be welcomed back equally in the US.

masylee

Thank you guys for your opinions, and for the others coming. When i said that start a GC Employment based process I never thought that abandon my asylum GC porcess,"maybe do both same time". But since I got illegal here for reasons that I already explained I definitely doubt if I'm eligible for GC trought Employment.

DO YOU HAVE ANY ESTIMATE OR IDEA HOW LONG YO GET GC (ASYLUM) IF MY ND/2005 ?

THANKS AGAIN. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.