Name check completion not required for I-485 Adjudication

the rule clearly mentions about PD current which in turn is based on your country quota. if they do what they say(without fail) by cutting processing time, cis could put more pressure on state dept for visas(altho i cant imagine cis sitting idle with all applications completed in 6 months:)). It has been the other way so far.

May be they are getting prepared for the next storm of applications in next year, from millions undocumented workers, when CIR will come back again.

The memo is true and it is an official one of USCIS. Please go to read Page 7 & 8 of this document. This is informed to the related parties yesterday. So last Decem

Retrogression coming our way...

However if it's true, then we'll be facing another problem with visa numbers even for EB2 ROW and EB1, and I wouldn't be surprised if these categories retrogress as well. Just imagine thousands of poor EB2 ROW and EB1 suckers now stuck in NC suddenly become approvable all at the same time. I bet EB2 ROW and EB1 will retrogress now

koku1, that's an excellent observation. Opening the NC floodgates will lead to a stop at the next gate.

Aaaahhhrgh...there's nothing like the smell of an upcoming retrogression issue.

koku1, that's an excellent observation. Opening the NC floodgates will lead to a stop at the next gate.
Which next gate? NC is the last gate!

NC is not what has made them approve less than the annual quota, nor will bypassing it allow them to exceed it. Bypassing NC will simply end the scenario of people being stuck for years because of it, although it would be at the expense of others who might have been able to leapfrog others and complete the I-485 process in 3-6 months due to others being stuck.

but I think it is fair. long waiters will get relief. It should be like that.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it fair. But at least it would be predictable.

So if I get retrogressed 2 years prior to my PD, I would know with some level of certainty that I would get my GC 2 years from now.

Agree

NC is not what has made them approve less than the annual quota, nor will bypassing it allow them to exceed it. Bypassing NC will simply end the scenario of people being stuck for years because of it, although it would be at the expense of others who might have been able to leapfrog others and complete the I-485 process in 3-6 months due to others being stuck.
Nicely Defined.

No, because now you will suddenly have 50.000 people with "clear" namechecks. This will consume all available visa numbers. As a result, there will be years of retrogression for ALL categories.

PD would be primary benchmark not NC

No, because now you will suddenly have 50.000 people with "clear" namechecks. This will consume all available visa numbers. As a result, there will be years of retrogression for ALL categories.

Did USCIS/FBI ever published data on the namecheck backlog?
Hi, michvin. This was published in USCIS Ombudsman 2007 Annual Report: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual_Report_2007.pdf
“FBI name checks may be the single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of immigration benefits. As of May 2007, USCIS reported a staggering 329,160 FBI name check cases pending, with approximately 32% (106,738) have been pending more than one year, and 31,144 FBI name check cases pending more than 33 months”

This is completely incorrect. I got a response to my Service Request yesterday, and it was stated that I am stuck in name check and I should not call them before six months.

This false news is like an insult to injury. :)
1. The new rule might not be effective yet.
2. When a new rule becomes effective, it can take weeks or months (or even years!) before all the USCIS employees know about it.

Name check or not, they have enough pending cases to consume all visa numbers. The new rule won't change the number of people getting approved, it will only even out the waiting times for approvals somewhat ... fewer cases of person A with a later priority date getting approved before person B whose I-485 was already pending for years before A.

Well, If they have filed before you, should they not get the GC before you?
I agree with Jack's take.

Hi, michvin. This was published in USCIS Ombudsman 2007 Annual Report: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual_Report_2007.pdf

Thanks. So 106,738 NC cases pending for more than 1 year. Wonder how many has been pending for more than 180 days. Let's say 150,000.

If I understand the annual limits correctly, the worldwide limit for annual employment based green cards is 140,000. So it seems certain that there will be some retrogression, perhaps they set ALL categories unavailable for 1 year or 6 months, while India and Chila will retrogress back to the stone age.

This is obviously speculation at this point, but I bet there will be some retrogression effects of this.