Name Check Cleared!!! Finally

onwaitfor485

Can you please give me the details what needs to be done to get in contact with congressman/senator . My Name check has been pending for 2 years .
and I applied in CSC. Thanks for your help.

onwait

Can you please give me the details what needs to be done to get in contact with congressman/senator . My Name check has been pending for 2 years .
and I applied in CSC. Thanks for your help.

onwaitfor485 said:
Friends,
Today my Name check Cleared news was also confirmed by the letter that I received from Senotor's office. (I have requested her help on this one some six weeks back).
They have attached the actual response(letter) from the FBI, it states that they have received my Name check request from USCIS in January 2004 and they have processed and cleared it in September 2005. I calculated the Days, it took f*****g 622 days for FBI to clear my Name check.
The most amazing factor is,note that they have said it is processed and cleared on on just one day!!! so it looks like it takes only one day to clear a name check if it is really processed!!! but it took them 2 years to pick it up.
Another interesting point is that it is cleared on the same date on the day I did my Code3 Biometrics (done an early Biometrics), not sure if it is anything to do with the clearance!

To Friends who got stuck in Namecheck....
Please contact immediately your Senators and the Congressman and request for help! Do it today. Believe me, I tried all kind of things to move this thing(wrote several letters and emails to FBI, USCIS, spent lot of money and time on sending couriers, faxes, priority mails, called several numbers ) none of them worked, but finally I contacted all three - my Congressman and two Senators.. they were not promising anything that time, but now it looks like that they have done something really big. I strongly believe this is the thing that finally moved my case with the FBI.. so please do it immediately.
Let me know if you need any more details.
There is some light at the end of the Tunnel!!
Congratulations onwaitfor 485 on your namecheck clearance. I fully agree with what you say about contacting our congressman. It has been about 6 months since I was interviewed and I am still waiting for FBI clearance. We all should keep pursuading with our congressmen in this regards. This way it will help to build a collective impact on the congress about this chronic prolem.

KiranGreene said:
I am in California Bay area and my i-485 filed with VSC.

This is a dumb question: For my namecheck status, do I contact a California congressman/senator's etc ... or one from Vermont!??

Well, you are allowed to laugh at the above question :) I think the answer is a California congressman/senator but please do confirm!

Thx,
Kiran

KiranGreene,

I think you would have to speak with the California congressman.

In my case I called the congressman in seattle . He asked me where I lived.
When I said seattle, he said ok, he can look into the matter.

So my feeling is that , where you live is important, not which service center you applied.

thanks

Congressman letter format

Friends,

As most of you requested the format of the letter to congressman, I have posted the format below, please include all required documents to it.
sorry for the delay in posting the format.

From PLACE
NAME DATE
ADDRESS
PHONE#

To
The Honorable Congressman FULL NAME,
ADDRESS

Dear Honorable Congressman LAST NAME,

Sub: Requesting your kind assistance in requesting status of my Name Check results
(Part of I 485 – Greencard Processing) from FBI

I am currently employed as POSITION at COMAPNY in CITY, STATE. COMPANY is sponsoring me for an employment based immigrant petition for which labor was filed on DATE. We filed for Adjustment of Status (I485) on DATE. Please kindly refer to the attached copies of my application receipt notices.

I have been enquiring the status of my application in MONTH & YEAR, MONTH & YEAR , MONTH & YEAR. On replying to all of these enquiries, I have been informed by USCIS/CSC that my I-485 is still pending and the Reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting Name Check results from the FBI. Please kindly refer to the attached copies of letter and email replies from USCIS/CSC.
I have been enquiring the status of my Name check with FBI, by sending emails and letters to FBI; I have sent my first enquiry email on DATE. But have not received any response from FBI yet. However I have received “no records located” response for my request for Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request, from FBI. Please kindly refer to the attached copy of my FOIPA results and proof of letter sent to FBI.

When I enquired over phone, I was informed by the FBI office that the FBI has suspended responding to email queries for next couple of months. USCIS has also announced that the I-485 process is being retrogressed back to 1999 effective October.
I fully understand the importance of the Name check process and National Security, at the same time as I have been waiting so long and now I don’t have any other means of obtaining the status, I am here by, respectfully request your assistance in getting the status of my Name Check Clearance with FBI and expediting adjudication from UCIS on my case. I have enclosed all my details and the Privacy Release Authorization form.

Thanking You,
Sincerely Yours,

(FULL NAME)

SECOND PAGE:
I-485 Application Details

Self:
First Name:
Last Name:
Alien #: :
USCIS I-485 receipt # :
Received Date:
Notice Date:
Date of Birth:
Email Id:
Phone: (Home)
(Work)
Address:

Spouse:
First Name:
Last Name:
USCIS I-485 receipt # :
Received Date:
Notice Date:
Date of Birth:

THIRD PAGE
Case Information and Privacy Release Form Authorization

I hereby request the assistance of the Office of Congressman FULL NAME in addressing the matters related to my Name check Clearance and I-485 application approval described in my letter, and authorize Congressman FULL NAME and his staff to receive any information which they may need in order to provide this assistance.

(FULL NAME)
Date:
Place:

Hi waitingforgc200

Please find the details in my previous posts in this same thread(first page) I have also posted the format of the letter today, please let me know if you need more details

FOIA Request and Name check clearance

onwaitfor485 said:
Friends,

As most of you requested the format of the letter to congressman, I have posted the format below, please include all required documents to it.
sorry for the delay in posting the format.

From PLACE
NAME DATE
ADDRESS
PHONE#

To
The Honorable Congressman FULL NAME,
ADDRESS

Dear Honorable Congressman LAST NAME,

Sub: Requesting your kind assistance in requesting status of my Name Check results
(Part of I 485 – Greencard Processing) from FBI

I am currently employed as POSITION at COMAPNY in CITY, STATE. COMPANY is sponsoring me for an employment based immigrant petition for which labor was filed on DATE. We filed for Adjustment of Status (I485) on DATE. Please kindly refer to the attached copies of my application receipt notices.

I have been enquiring the status of my application in MONTH & YEAR, MONTH & YEAR , MONTH & YEAR. On replying to all of these enquiries, I have been informed by USCIS/CSC that my I-485 is still pending and the Reason that it is still pending is that USCIS is awaiting Name Check results from the FBI. Please kindly refer to the attached copies of letter and email replies from USCIS/CSC.
I have been enquiring the status of my Name check with FBI, by sending emails and letters to FBI; I have sent my first enquiry email on DATE. But have not received any response from FBI yet. However I have received “no records located” response for my request for Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request, from FBI. Please kindly refer to the attached copy of my FOIPA results and proof of letter sent to FBI.

When I enquired over phone, I was informed by the FBI office that the FBI has suspended responding to email queries for next couple of months. USCIS has also announced that the I-485 process is being retrogressed back to 1999 effective October.
I fully understand the importance of the Name check process and National Security, at the same time as I have been waiting so long and now I don’t have any other means of obtaining the status, I am here by, respectfully request your assistance in getting the status of my Name Check Clearance with FBI and expediting adjudication from UCIS on my case. I have enclosed all my details and the Privacy Release Authorization form.

Thanking You,
Sincerely Yours,

(FULL NAME)

SECOND PAGE:
I-485 Application Details

Self:
First Name:
Last Name:
USCIS I-485 receipt # :
Received Date:
Notice Date:
Date of Birth:
Email Id:
Phone: (Home)
(Work)
Address:

Spouse:
First Name:
Last Name:
USCIS I-485 receipt # :
Received Date:
Notice Date:
Date of Birth:

THIRD PAGE
Case Information and Privacy Release Form Authorization

I hereby request the assistance of the Office of Congressman FULL NAME in addressing the matters related to my Name check Clearance and I-485 application approval described in my letter, and authorize Congressman FULL NAME and his staff to receive any information which they may need in order to provide this assistance.

(FULL NAME)
Date:
Place:
Hello onwaitfor485,
Thanks for posting the format of this letter, which is going to help most of us. Since my interview, I am also waiting for my FBI clearance for last 5 months, and I do not see any way to expedite it. My question is whether the FOIA request and subsequest FOIA clearance from FBI does help to expedite the immigration cleance from FBI ? Can you kindly explain more on how to obtain FOIA clearance?

Foipa

Helponline1

I am not sure whether FOIPA has any impact on the Namecheck clearance. But atleast it gives you a strong base to present your case to the Senators and the Congressman. Basically it is a certificate from the same department in FBI where we are trying to get the status of our Namecheck stating that our records are clear, so the Senators and Congressman will be convinced by that they are representing somebody who is really NOT bad. Anyway this is my opinion. It doesn't take much time or effor to get the FOIPA, so why not try it? thats my stand.

To get FOIPA write a letter to FBI, below is the format that I used,

NAME
ADDRESS

To:
The Chief,
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

Sub: PRIVACY ACT REQUEST
Dear Sir/Madam,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C.section 552a, please furnish me with copies of all records about me indexed to my name or my identifying information, maintained in the Central Records System (CRS).

To help identify information about me in your records systems and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information:
First Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Social Security Number:
Current Address:
Home Phone Number:

If you have any questions about handling this request, you may phone me at
PHONE#
Please respond to: NAME, ADDRESS.

Sincerely,

(NAME)

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746, I certify under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct and that I am requesting release of my records to myself.
Executed on DATE.

(NAME)

Name Check

Sorry I am new at this -At what stage do we have to know or worry about the Name check (Applied for I 140 and I 485 concurrently and finger print Code 3 done - Dec 01 2005) And how do we know is it is cleared or stuck!!

Address for FBI FOIPA

Hi onwaitfor485,

Thanks for the FOIPA letter format, could you please send me the address to send FOIPA request.

Thanks a lot.

sept05 said:
Sorry I am new at this -At what stage do we have to know or worry about the Name check (Applied for I 140 and I 485 concurrently and finger print Code 3 done - Dec 01 2005) And how do we know is it is cleared or stuck!!

Usually you'll know whether ur case is pending for name check clearance at the interview. 6-8 months after the interview, if ur case status is still pending for the same reason, then consider urself part of this club. :rolleyes:

onwaitfor485 said:
Helponline1

I am not sure whether FOIPA has any impact on the Namecheck clearance. But atleast it gives you a strong base to present your case to the Senators and the Congressman. Basically it is a certificate from the same department in FBI where we are trying to get the status of our Namecheck stating that our records are clear, so the Senators and Congressman will be convinced by that they are representing somebody who is really NOT bad. Anyway this is my opinion. It doesn't take much time or effor to get the FOIPA, so why not try it? thats my stand.

To get FOIPA write a letter to FBI, below is the format that I used,

NAME
ADDRESS

To:
The Chief,
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

Sub: PRIVACY ACT REQUEST
Dear Sir/Madam,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C.section 552a, please furnish me with copies of all records about me indexed to my name or my identifying information, maintained in the Central Records System (CRS).

To help identify information about me in your records systems and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information:
First Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Social Security Number:
Current Address:
Home Phone Number:

If you have any questions about handling this request, you may phone me at
PHONE#
Please respond to: NAME, ADDRESS.

Sincerely,

(NAME)

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746, I certify under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct and that I am requesting release of my records to myself.
Executed on DATE.

(NAME)
Many Many thanks to you Onwaitfor485 for your detailed response. By posting this information you are helping out many of us who are desperately waiting for their GCs. GOD BLESS YOU.
I am sending the FOIA request and have a question. Do we have to send any fees for this? I was looking at the FOIA website of FBI and there is also a FOIA REQUEST FORM which says " enter maximum amount you are willing to pay in $" . And below that they also have asked for the explaination if anyone is asking for the waiver of the fees. Did you send any fees along with the request?
Thanks again for your time and help.

BunnyGC said:
Hi onwaitfor485,

Thanks for the FOIPA letter format, could you please send me the address to send FOIPA request.

Thanks a lot.
Hi BUNNY GC,
The address for sending FOIA request is already posted by the onwaitfor485 in his post . Please read it again.

About congressman's office

Hi onwaitfor485,
Congratulations!
I meet the same problem as you before. I appreciate you can let me know how to contact the Congressman's office or some specific congressman/woman, and related contact information.

Thank you very much.

Lion2006

onwaitfor485 said:
Good News! As per the phone call I received from the Congressman's office today, at last my Name check is cleared.
This is in response for my request for help on getting the status fo my Name check with the Congressman's office that I made some six weeks back.
They have also checked with the CSC and told that CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current, to approve my 485. :)

EB2 India, CSC
PD Nov 2001
140 approved.
485 RD Dec 2003
Early Code3 Biometrics done on Sep 27th
As per Congressman office FBI has cleared the Name Check on Sep 27th and CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current.

Don't be too excited

Congradulations to your name check clearance. It is a big relief, but I do not believe it has anything to do with the congressman/senator, nor it will indicate an immediate approval once PD become current. Here is my case:

My PD is April 2001, EB2. My name check request was received by FBI in dec, 2002. It literally took almost 3 yrs to finish. I got my clearance on Aug. 15, 2005. I've asked 2 senators, one congressman inquiried many times for me (10 times maybe), no use at all. then I started writting letter to FBI myself, 3 letters per week (Hooton, and others...), I continued for about 4 months, u can do the maths how many letters I wrote. In terms of Name check, congressmen/senators are really powless. And Name check has absolutely nothing to do with your biometric test, it's just a pure coincidence. But I know that after long time frustration, ppl become superstitious, and try to find signs and clues, I have seen many diff guesses in this forum, and I followed every single one of them, and it all end up making fool of myself.

So my suggestion to those whose name check/GC is pending, the only thing u need to know is be persistent, and patient. As far as writting letters or asking ur senator/congressman, do it all you want, as long as it gives hope to u. But my feeling is that, after so many ppl write letters to their congressman/senators, it becomes less and less effective to FBI or CSC. I remember back in 2003, when I first write to senator, I got phone call from CSC, try to explain to me what happened. Now a days? Not a god damn thing.

As to my GC, after namecheck was cleared in august 15, I got RFE, in sept, then I replied, now the PD has way passed my PD, but I still have not heard anything. What can I do? Wait, that's all.

BTW, I also did the FOIAP last april, and of cos, it gave me the No record result. So I was very excited and wrote to my congressman, attached the result. And after 2 months, I got letter from congressman, saying that Name check is diff from FOIAP, FIOAP clear doesn't mean that Name check is clean, you still need to wait.