Name Check Cleared!!! Finally

onwaitfor485

Registered Users (C)
Good News! As per the phone call I received from the Congressman's office today, at last my Name check is cleared.
This is in response for my request for help on getting the status fo my Name check with the Congressman's office that I made some six weeks back.
They have also checked with the CSC and told that CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current, to approve my 485. :)

EB2 India, CSC
PD Nov 2001
140 approved.
485 RD Dec 2003
Early Code3 Biometrics done on Sep 27th
As per Congressman office FBI has cleared the Name Check on Sep 27th and CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current.

Congratulations.

My case is very similar to yours. EB2 India, CSC PD Sep 2001, 140 Approved, 485 Receipt date Dec 2003, requested for name check status about 8 weeks back with a senator and still waiting.

Can you please share the name of congressman that helped you with this ?

Thanks

onwaitfor485 said:
Good News! As per the phone call I received from the Congressman's office today, at last my Name check is cleared.
This is in response for my request for help on getting the status fo my Name check with the Congressman's office that I made some six weeks back.
They have also checked with the CSC and told that CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current, to approve my 485. :)

EB2 India, CSC
PD Nov 2001
140 approved.
485 RD Dec 2003
Early Code3 Biometrics done on Sep 27th
As per Congressman office FBI has cleared the Name Check on Sep 27th and CSC is Waiting for the Priority Date to become current.

Congratulations to you. It is a big relief. GC is on your way soon.
My PD is jan 2002. 140 approved.
Can you please share your info. Can you pls pls send me your email id to my private messages.

Thanks a lot. God bless!

Congrats!

onwaitfor485,
My RD is August, 2003, I had contacted a congressman in 2004 with no positive response, could u tell me who u contacted?

Thanks

I checked with my congressman yesterday and got a message saying that "FBI NameChecks can take upto 3years". My 485 RD is oct 2004. So I guess I have to wait 2 more yrs.
So Good luck to everyone.

It took 622 days for my Name check to be Cleared!!!

Friends,
Today my Name check Cleared news was also confirmed by the letter that I received from Senotor's office. (I have requested her help on this one some six weeks back).
They have attached the actual response(letter) from the FBI, it states that they have received my Name check request from USCIS in January 2004 and they have processed and cleared it in September 2005. I calculated the Days, it took f*****g 622 days for FBI to clear my Name check.
The most amazing factor is,note that they have said it is processed and cleared on on just one day!!! so it looks like it takes only one day to clear a name check if it is really processed!!! but it took them 2 years to pick it up.
Another interesting point is that it is cleared on the same date on the day I did my Code3 Biometrics (done an early Biometrics), not sure if it is anything to do with the clearance!

To Friends who got stuck in Namecheck....
Please contact immediately your Senators and the Congressman and request for help! Do it today. Believe me, I tried all kind of things to move this thing(wrote several letters and emails to FBI, USCIS, spent lot of money and time on sending couriers, faxes, priority mails, called several numbers ) none of them worked, but finally I contacted all three - my Congressman and two Senators.. they were not promising anything that time, but now it looks like that they have done something really big. I strongly believe this is the thing that finally moved my case with the FBI.. so please do it immediately.
Let me know if you need any more details.
There is some light at the end of the Tunnel!!

Hey....

Dont give up like that!!!! Your congressman just rlayed the info that FBI gave him. If you keep at it and approach FBI thoruhg letters/e-mails/faxes, you will be successful. Do you have a criminal record or DUI or somehting? I dont know if that wll affect the process. I have a DUI and it will take a bit longer for me but I dont think it will 2-3 years. There are many posts on this site (see this one by a guy called Rahul) and you will see how people have fought for their name check expedite.

Good luck and dont give up.

Santosh

congrats

Onwaitfor485,

Congrats. I have a simple question. Is there any validity period for the name check clearence? Like FP validity (15 months), is thery any specific period for the validity of the name check?

Last edited by a moderator:
validity! - You ought to be kidding!

No thats the whole problem, they don't have any damn rule or validity period for this, there are cases that I know which got cleared on the same day they have recieved the request from USCIS and there are cases where they haven't cleared till today where the request was made by USCIS before three or more years from today.
It looks like, once they recieve the request from USCIS it runs through a Database (God knows what is it) and the result can be either hit or no hit.
(hit is a match of your name or part of your name(it even can be a substring of your name) with a name in the database). If no hit, it is cleared immediately, but if hit, it is tagged RED and sits on some Clerks desk collecting dust for years for him or her to pick that one and go manually verify what is that hit is..and to clear that.
I think this is where Senators and Congressman can play a role, it seems that FBI has a congressional section which is wholey dedicated to respond to the Elected representatives queries and they have a eight weeks time line to respond for any query. So once your name check status request is submitted to that department (which can be done only via a elected official's office), they have some pressure to respond to that query, so that clerk is now forced to pick your case to respond to that, and in most cases the hit is so stupid and obvious that you are not a threat to the National security, they always clear your case before they respond to the query.

Anyway this is what I guess... in no way nobody can really know what really happens..

hi OnWaitFor485, could you tell me which comgressman you contacted?

hi OnWaitFor485, could you tell me which comgressman you contacted? Thanks a lot!

-Wen

Congrats! OnWaitFor48

My RD of I485 is the same at yours. I contacted my local congressmen a few months ago. People in his office were very nice and tried to help me. They sent inquiry to CSC and got returned FAX, saying Name Check pending. Recently, they did it again, and CSC sent the same message back, Name Check pending.

I don't know how to persuade them to contact FBI instead. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

-potter

Conincing the Congressman's Office

Hi Potter,

Yes, I know that it is very diffilcult to covince the congressman or the Senator Office to do anything with the FBI, I had the same problem. They usually will deny to contact FBI, stating that its a National Security issue and they can't push FBI to clear your Name check and they will get the status from USCIS which we all know what it is anyway.
To overcome this, write a letter(it holds true for phone conversation too) to them with all your details which can explain them that you are waiting for very long time and you have never had any issues with the law enforcement system anytime anywhere in the world. And make sure that they understand that you have tried your part to get the status from the FBI by quoting the dates and number of times you sent FBI enquiries via mail, email, phone etc and that you are not successfull in getting any response from the FBI. And also let them know that FBI had stopped responding to individuals queries(both Phone and email) and the only way people get to know the status is through their Congressamn or Senator.

And the most important rule to follow, DO NOT SOUND AS IF YOU ARE ASKING THEM TO PUSH FBI, REQUEST THEM TO JUST FIND THE STATUS AND SAY THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPECTING THEM TO EXPEDITE THE NAME CHECK PROCESS, INSTEAD YOU JUST WANT TO KNOW THE STATUS.

Hope this helps.

which congressman (my state's or serv center's?)

I am in California Bay area and my i-485 filed with VSC.

This is a dumb question: For my namecheck status, do I contact a California congressman/senator's etc ... or one from Vermont!??

Well, you are allowed to laugh at the above question :) I think the answer is a California congressman/senator but please do confirm!

Thx,
Kiran

onwaitfor485 said:
Hi Potter,

Yes, I know that it is very diffilcult to covince the congressman or the Senator Office to do anything with the FBI, I had the same problem. They usually will deny to contact FBI, stating that its a National Security issue and they can't push FBI to clear your Name check and they will get the status from USCIS which we all know what it is anyway.
To overcome this, write a letter(it holds true for phone conversation too) to them with all your details which can explain them that you are waiting for very long time and you have never had any issues with the law enforcement system anytime anywhere in the world. And make sure that they understand that you have tried your part to get the status from the FBI by quoting the dates and number of times you sent FBI enquiries via mail, email, phone etc and that you are not successfull in getting any response from the FBI. And also let them know that FBI had stopped responding to individuals queries(both Phone and email) and the only way people get to know the status is through their Congressamn or Senator.

And the most important rule to follow, DO NOT SOUND AS IF YOU ARE ASKING THEM TO PUSH FBI, REQUEST THEM TO JUST FIND THE STATUS AND SAY THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPECTING THEM TO EXPEDITE THE NAME CHECK PROCESS, INSTEAD YOU JUST WANT TO KNOW THE STATUS.

Hope this helps.

onwaitfor485 , Many thanks.

Help me

onwaitfor485

Can you please give me the details what needs to be done to get in contact with congressman/senator . My Name check has been pending for 2 years .
and I applied in CSC. Thanks for your help.