name check cleared and PD current folks

I've received my FP notice (code 1) yesterday. It's scheduled for Oct 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called CSC today and checked my case status. I was told that there are some security checks pending on my case. Although I explained the Imm. Officer that my FBI name check is done, he said there are checks other than FBI and he has no access to information which check is pending? According to IO, they have no control over it since they ask information from interpole, from our home country as well so it can delay adjudication. It looks like a never ending process to me. Do you have any thoughts how long it can take? Any input will be appreciated.

UB

I think the representative was lazy, so she just took any excuse she could find. My NC was cleared in Aug, and it was updated 2 wks later in uscis. I knew that, because it was confirmed many times by calling tsc. however, today when asked a representative for any progress on my case, she just told me my nc was not cleared. so i told her my nc check was cleared as I got a letter from FBI. then she sain other security issue from FBI was not cleared, I told her i did my fp a wk ago. then she just simply said she would not disccus this issue with me as it was against NATIONAL SECURITY RULE ( :D :D :D ). After I hang up, then called another representative, I found my case was in the unit (not sure what it is, but I was told a few time since last week) and it should be finalized in a few days or a few weeks.

From my experience, I believe some representative are lazy, or just stupid.
by the way, I was even told by a representative that NC expires every 12 month, what can you believe?

EB1UB said:
I called CSC today and checked my case status. I was told that there are some security checks pending on my case. Although I explained the Imm. Officer that my FBI name check is done, he said there are checks other than FBI and he has no access to information which check is pending? According to IO, they have no control over it since they ask information from interpole, from our home country as well so it can delay adjudication. It looks like a never ending process to me. Do you have any thoughts how long it can take? Any input will be appreciated.

UB

Thanks mas for your reply. I called CSC on 8/25 after LUD on 8/24 (mass lud) and was told that my NC is updated in USCIS system but case is not assigned for review yet. I made Infopass appoint on 9/8 for fingerprints since they were expired in july. An Imm Off. told me that my case is under active review since 8/15 and I should get results soon. I was not sure who is right since there was a mass LUD on 8/15 and 8/16. My husband who is dependent on my case called again on 9/13 to check case status and was told that NC is not clear for Prim applicant. When he said that its clear she said my case is not assigned to an officer yet. There was a big confusion why my case is taking too long. So I sent an email and explained that I got diff answers. I received a reply within 5 minutes of reading my email that it was not under review before but it is under review now and I should get results in 60 days. I was still not sure whether its a right information. So I called again yesterday and apparently nice officer told me that they are waiting for security checks.

Every body is giving different answers. Its been almost 2 months since my NC is clear from FBI. My PD is current since May and FP were done on 9/8. I donot know why its taking so long.

Is it bad to call Service center every week or 2 weeks? If not I will call again in 2 weeks. Recently I have not seen many cases approved at CSC.
Thanks!
UB

mas said:
I think the representative was lazy, so she just took any excuse she could find. My NC was cleared in Aug, and it was updated 2 wks later in uscis. I knew that, because it was confirmed many times by calling tsc. however, today when asked a representative for any progress on my case, she just told me my nc was not cleared. so i told her my nc check was cleared as I got a letter from FBI. then she sain other security issue from FBI was not cleared, I told her i did my fp a wk ago. then she just simply said she would not disccus this issue with me as it was against NATIONAL SECURITY RULE ( :D :D :D ). After I hang up, then called another representative, I found my case was in the unit (not sure what it is, but I was told a few time since last week) and it should be finalized in a few days or a few weeks.

From my experience, I believe some representative are lazy, or just stupid.
by the way, I was even told by a representative that NC expires every 12 month, what can you believe?

I think it will be ok if you call CSC in 2 weeks. actually, I called TSC quite often, nearly once a week, so far, i has not heard any complain from any representative. As you got fp recently, I am positive that your NC was cleared, because I was told by a representative that 2n fp would be issued only if your NC was cleared, but again, different person gives different answers. anyway, good luck. --mas

Not many approvals from CSC in last 2 weeks. Looks like TSC is doing a better job. Quite a few approval postings in TSC thread in the past few days.
What’s up with CSC? :confused: :confused:

I am on the same boat!

I485 NIW, CSC, RD 01/21/05. PD current since this May.

09/11/2006, got an email reply from CSC for my inquiry for NC status.

"The principal's FBI name check was just cleared on August 17, 2006 and
the derivative's name check has not yet cleared as of this date. The
principal's case is currently under review with an officer. This process
might take more than 30 days."

09/15/06, got notices for FP that was scheduled on 09/21/06;

09/21/06, took FP (code 1)

No LUD changes since then.

According to what I learned from this and other websites, the time peroid between 2nd FP and final approval ( given NC cleared) can be anytime from 1 day to 2 months (for most cases).

GC-062004

CSC has been slow lately and I saw two approvals from CSC today. I hope we all get some good news this month.
UB
GC-062004 said:
I485 NIW, CSC, RD 01/21/05. PD current since this May.

09/11/2006, got an email reply from CSC for my inquiry for NC status.

"The principal's FBI name check was just cleared on August 17, 2006 and
the derivative's name check has not yet cleared as of this date. The
principal's case is currently under review with an officer. This process
might take more than 30 days."

09/15/06, got notices for FP that was scheduled on 09/21/06;

09/21/06, took FP (code 1)

No LUD changes since then.

According to what I learned from this and other websites, the time peroid between 2nd FP and final approval ( given NC cleared) can be anytime from 1 day to 2 months (for most cases).

GC-062004

Hi EB3 Ind

I did my FP (code 1 )on 5th itself , so far no LUD. I hope to see some update soon.
Lets post here in case of any progress.

thanks
Pandee
eb3Ind said:
Any update after your FP? Approval, LUD change, message change, etc...

strange message

On October 18, 2006, we received your request to reschedule the interview in this case. You will be notified when a decision is made on this request.

This is an update I got today...i never had any interview request so no question of requesting postponement.

Called USCIS and they forwarded me to CIS who say that I should ignore it as it can be an error. The officer told me that my case is going final reviewing and I should expect adjudication in 60 days.

I am little confused, some advice please.

Pandee

That is USCIS

pandee said:
On October 18, 2006, we received your request to reschedule the interview in this case. You will be notified when a decision is made on this request.

This is an update I got today...i never had any interview request so no question of requesting postponement.

Called USCIS and they forwarded me to CIS who say that I should ignore it as it can be an error. The officer told me that my case is going final reviewing and I should expect adjudication in 60 days.

I am little confused, some advice please.

Pandee

Has anybody got their approval?.It is now over a month since the dates have been current.Namechecks have cleared back in April 2006. Inquiry yields the same "The file is being reviewed by an officer.Allow 30 more days" crap. It is already more than 30 days since I got the same message the first time.
Other centers have already started approving cases with PDs way later. It is just a matter of time before the visas run out again.What the f***? is wrong with CSC??. Their published I-485 processing date page says they are now processing cases filed in May 2006 and we are sitting here waiting with PDs in early 2002 and with 485 RDs in early 2005.

Has anybody given WOM a thought??.Has anyone whose PD become current in Oct and whose namecheck has cleared recieved approvals??

PD :April 2002, EB2 India
485 RD: April 2005

approval emails

Hi Guys
I have finally got the approval emails from CIS today. Perhaps got them 6 times each for me and my wife. It has really not sunk in yet , guess awaiting for approval notices..

But thanks a ton to this forum for all help.

Here are my details.
EB1
140 Nd April 2004. AD: MArch 2005
485 Nd April 2005 , AP: Nov 2 2006.
Name check cleared July 2006(as per senator office)

I enquired in the last 6 months about 6 times by phone, email, senator, attornry, infopass..all I can use.

Last 3 enquires led to the answer , with office give 60 days!!

But finally i think I made it and thanks to all.

wish you all the very best and look forward to good news from you guys.

Thanks
Pandee

Congratulations! Finally, there is some movement at CSC.

Any LUDs before approvals?

pandee said:
Hi Guys
I have finally got the approval emails from CIS today. Perhaps got them 6 times each for me and my wife. It has really not sunk in yet , guess awaiting for approval notices..

pandee said:
Hi Guys

Here are my details.
EB1

I enquired in the last 6 months about 6 times by phone, email, senator, attornry, infopass..all I can use.

Thanks
Pandee

congrats !

when was ur 2nd FP done?

pandee said:
Hi Guys

Here are my details.
EB1

Thanks
Pandee

Congratulations, fellow EB-1 filer.
I think people who filed between April-Dec 2005 are somewhat unlucky.
CSC started to get slow from that time and transfer 485's to TSC.
Some tough luck but anyway nice to see some approvals these days...

Congratulations Pandee for your approval.

I think EB1 people who filed in 2005 are unlucky. I got an email yesterday that I am getting RFE on my I-485. I am a bit worried what it is about and probably now my file is again back in the stack so donot really know how long it will take now. There was an LUD on my case yesterday and today and no movement on my spouse's case.

EB1UB said:
Congratulations Pandee for your approval.

I think EB1 people who filed in 2005 are unlucky. I got an email yesterday that I am getting RFE on my I-485. I am a bit worried what it is about and probably now my file is again back in the stack so donot really know how long it will take now. There was an LUD on my case yesterday and today and no movement on my spouse's case.
Look like your case is touched at least. Mine is sitting there idle. One of my colleague got his approved a few days ago. We have same PD and my 485 was filed two months earlier than his. I start to worry about my case. Yesterday, I contacted congressman in my district. The people there seemed to be like to help. I hope they can get some information about my case from CSC soon. I also contacted with senator office. However, I cannot get hold of the poeple who handle immigration stuff to have a talk.