N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Hi Krish10 - can I ask which ASC you did the walk in at? I'd really like to do my FP sooner, but it didn't say anything on the letter about it. Mine is the Sugar Land ASC.

Congratulations on the interview letter!!

I did my FP in Sugar land ASC.you can try there,they asked me the reason for early FP.I told them I will be on vacation for scheduled FP.Then they accepted it.Best of luck.

Thanks Krish10 - I may give it a try tomorrow, in the morning, my original appt is at 9am so maybe I'll try the same time - perhaps I will be taking your original appointment :D It would be much more convenient than in 2 weeks time when I have a lot of work meetings going on. Is it a new ASC there? It's about 20 miles from our home in the Galleria, surprised I have to go there...

i actually think that arriving at 9 AM is a big mistake as i know someone who was unable to attend and was rescheduled, so don't take chances and get there the time you were supposed to be.

Well I didn't get a chance to try walk-in FP today - too much work to do. I'm on list on another forum, and everybody else is doing walk-in, I will be the last in the queue, oh well...

I did my FP in Sugar land ASC.you can try there,they asked me the reason for early FP.I told them I will be on vacation for scheduled FP.Then they accepted it.Best of luck.

For me they said no when I went at 8AM.
They have slabs like 8AM-10AM, 10AM-12AM. If you at the begining of the slab like 8AM they may say no. Go at around 9AM by that counter will be free. So they may take it.

Well I didn't get a chance to try walk-in FP today - too much work to do. I'm on list on another forum, and everybody else is doing walk-in, I will be the last in the queue, oh well...

Hi my wife has same time line as yours.she has scheduled FP for 07/24.She went for early FP today and she has completed.It seems not many people today they allowed her in Sugar land ASC.Try early FP,I think there won't be a problem.Best of Luck.

Thanks Krish10 - can I ask what time you/your wife went? I might tomorrow afternoon if I can get out of work early...

Thanks Krish10 - can I ask what time you/your wife went? I might tomorrow afternoon if I can get out of work early...

Hi My self went to FP around 11.15 AM where as my wife went around 10.45 AM.You may try wednesday instead of tommorrow because they are opening after weekend ASC may be busy.Best of luck.

My interview(July 14)

I passed the interview. It was fast and they are professional. good experience with INS.
She just went over my N400 form and double checked it with me.
No other documents asked.
in and out in 2 hours.
I got Oath letter 15 minuses after interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called USCIS, the second level IO told me my name check did not come back, so they have not set up my interview yet. Actually, the next day after my FP, I called FBI, they told me my FP was sent back to USCIS. Apparently, my name check has not completed. Still waiting...

I passed the interview. It was fast and they are professional. good experience with INS.
in and out in 2 hours.

Congratulations! Did you get your oath letter immediately after your interview?

Thanks for letting us know your experience.

in and out in 2 hours.
I got Oath letter 15 minuses after interview.

Congradulations for passing interview.So your Oath date is on 08/18/2009.I will be attending my interview on Aug 13 th.So I can count on oath date as 08/18.

Yes, I got Oath letter 15 minuses after interview.

Barnold- Congratulations on passing interview... Cool. I was expecting oath date of Aug 12th but your's is 18th--- Strange?
Can you share the civic questions asked by the IO? Thanks

------------------
Houston D/O
Employment based GC

04/07/2009: Received by TSC
04/07/2009: Priority Date
04/15/2009: Notice Date
05/08/2009: Fingerprint Notice
05/15/2009: FP taken
05/30/2009: Interview letter
07/17/2009: Interview Date - *Next*

Got Interview letter today.
-------------------------------------------
My N-400 status:
DO: Houston. TX
05/26/2009: N-400 sent by Fed-Ex.
05/27/2009: Received by USCIS
05/27/2009: Priority date as per FP notice.
06/02/2009: Check cashed
06/05/2009: FP notice received. No NOA for N-400.
07/01/2009: FP date (done on same day)
07/14/2009: IL Recd (No yellow letter). Just only interview letter (I-797C).
08/13/2009: Interview Date

Barnold- Congratulations on passing interview... Cool. I was expecting oath date of Aug 12th but your's is 18th--- Strange?
Can you share the civic questions asked by the IO? Thanks

------------------
Houston D/O
Employment based GC

04/07/2009: Received by TSC
04/07/2009: Priority Date
04/15/2009: Notice Date
05/08/2009: Fingerprint Notice
05/15/2009: FP taken
05/30/2009: Interview letter
07/17/2009: Interview Date - *Next*

Just read the booklet. There were easy questions

Congratulations BArnold!

May I ask if you were applying based on 3yrs of marriage+PR or 5 yrs as a PR? Just asking since they didn't ask to see additional docs... (I'm applying based on 3 yrs of marriage+PR)

Thanks and congratulations again!

Congratulations BArnold!

May I ask if you were applying based on 3yrs of marriage+PR or 5 yrs as a PR? Just asking since they didn't ask to see additional docs... (I'm applying based on 3 yrs of marriage+PR)

Thanks and congratulations again!

Based on 5 Years Permanent Resident.

Passed our naturalization interview today, Interview experience was very professional and refreshing. Went in the building at 9:50am and came out at 11:00am so the entire event took an hour and 15 minutes. We placed our interview letter in the box and were called in 10 minutes, written and civic test first. IO asked me to read "How many Senators we have" and then told me to write "We have one hundred Senators". Civic questions;
- What is the name of National Anthem?
- What happened on Sep 11th
- Why we have 13 stripes on the flag
- Some thing about "Rule of law" something and two more questions
Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office and went over the N-400 application- confirmed our home address, where you work, kids etc.... no documents asked. Have to sign application and Photos in the end. Got the approval and waited for another 15 minutes for oath letter.

8/19 is going to be a big day after 9 years here in US on H1 to USC. Lived an American dream and will be a proud Citizen!

---------------------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

Congratulations everyone. That is soooo sweet dear friends... Enjoy your Oath.. We all waiting and hopefully following you... Good Luck.