My time line is:

11/18/06 - N400 filed
12/20/06 - FP
01/10/07 - Interview letter
02/05/07 - Interview app. - rescheduled
02/18/07 - Interview letter
03/26/07 - Interview app.
??? - Oath

I called INS today to ask why I have not recieved my Oath Letter yet since my interview was in March. I can't believe it but they told me that they have already sent me an Oath letter on June 20th but they sent it on wrong address!!!:mad: On an address which I have never seen. So now they have 30 days for sending me a new one!!! Who knows if I get it before July 25th. Isn't it unbelievable?:mad:
Good luck to all of you!
You will get it on time . It normally takes about a week to get to you.

Nivy,

I interviewed on MAy1st and i recieved my O.L already. As yours was on May 25, i am guessing you will recieve yours for the AUgust 15 ceremony.

Good luck y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nivy,

I interviewed on MAy1st and i recieved my O.L already. As yours was on May 25, i am guessing you will recieve yours for the AUgust 15 ceremony.

Good luck y'all!

Gnagna: Thanks and you may be right. I am still hoping - in case they send these notices in batches. Also not sure of the "size" of the July 25 ceremony.

Oath Ceremony

Nivy,

Good luck y'all!

Gnagna: Thanks and you may be right. I am still hoping - in case they send these notices in batches. Also not sure of the "size" of the July 25 ceremony.
It seems like people attending it had their interviews starting from March 26 (Ivank11) to May 1 (Gnagna).

Oath Ceremony Letter

It looks like the oath ceremony letters are mailed out to reach people about a month before the oath ceremony date.

Based on previous postings, I would expect to receive a notice for the August 15 oath ceremony by July 20.

Does this sound reasonable?

Interview to Oath Ceremony

Is there any reason why there may be a hold-up in getting an oath ceremony date assigned - if you have had your interview?

My understanding is that when the interview is done, all checks (name-check, etc.) are completed and there are no other pending issues that can delay things.

Is this correct or does anyone have any information to the contrary?

I have scheduled an appointment with INS for today because they have sent me an oath letter to a wrong address and I have never got it. They gave me a new letter so my oath ceremony is next wednesday 25th of July! I am so happy. does anyone knows if my husband can come with me there?

IVank11,

Congratulations!! my oath is also on the 25th of this month.

And yes you can go with your husband and kids.

I had my interview in late January and passed my tests/was told to wait for an oath letter. STILL don't have an oath date! I went to see USCIS two weeks ago and they told me my application still shows "processing". The officer asked if I received a letter asking for more info. I told him I had not. He said he'd speak with the man who did my interview and see what the holdup was, but I still haven't heard anything. It's so frustrating!! Anyone else in this situation or am I the only one still waiting? :mad:

11/14/06 - N-400 mailed
12/15/06 - FP
12/30/06 - IV Letter
01/29/07 - IV Appt
_______ - Oath Letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does name change delay oath ceremony date?

I have done the interview on 6/26 and was told the oath ceremony will be on 8/15. I'm still waiting for notice letter. I heard "name change through naturalization" delays the oath ceremony date. Is that true?
I'll move to CA for job soon. What should I do if I don't get notice letter before moving?

Oath Ceremony on August 15 2007

Has anyone out there received the letter for the August 15 oath ceremony?

Congratulations!

I have scheduled an appointment with INS for today because they have sent me an oath letter to a wrong address and I have never got it. They gave me a new letter so my oath ceremony is next wednesday 25th of July! I am so happy. does anyone knows if my husband can come with me there?

Ivank11,

Hearty congratulations!

Did you get the letter by making an Infopass appointment? Did they hand it to you at that appointment (I'm assuming you didn't get it by mail)?

Ivank11,

Hearty congratulations!

Did you get the letter by making an Infopass appointment? Did they hand it to you at that appointment (I'm assuming you didn't get it by mail)?

Yes, I had the appointment scheduled through an Infopass with an immigration officer. It was smooth, they print out the Oath letter for me and gave it to me immidiately.
Good luck to you.

I had my interview on June 4th and received the oath letter yesterday, July 18th, for the August 15th ceremony.

May 10th interview and no Oath letter yet.

Ivank11 or anyone who knows and can help,

Can you please tell me how you scheduled an appointment because the 4 options it gave me did not sound like it applied to me. I had my interview at Houston office on May 10th, 2007 and was told by the officer that I will get my oath letter in early July for July 25th oath. To date I have not received any letter. In addition can you please also tell me when you scheduled your date how far away was the date?

If anyone else can help with these questions I would appreciate it.

Ivank11 or anyone who knows and can help,

Can you please tell me how you scheduled an appointment because the 4 options it gave me did not sound like it applied to me. I had my interview at Houston office on May 10th, 2007 and was told by the officer that I will get my oath letter in early July for July 25th oath. To date I have not received any letter. In addition can you please also tell me when you scheduled your date how far away was the date?

If anyone else can help with these questions I would appreciate it.

I scheduled my inteview throught Infopass, you can find it on www.uscis.gov. I chose an option "talk to immigration officer" and I had an appointment two days after I scheduled it. So it was pretty fast. Maybe you will get an Oath letter any day now but it is gonna probably be for August 15th. My interview was March 26, they told me that my ceremony could be in May and see I got it for July. So don't worry. But you can call INS 800 number.They should be able to tell you if they have already send a letter to you.
Hopefully this helps you.
Good luck.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I did get me letter yesterday after I posted my message. I am scheduled for August 15th Oath. Thanks again.

Time Line for Houston, TX

Please post the timeline if anybody has received the interview letter recently in Houston, DO ?