N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Any Other Interview Question related to the FORM N400 in Houston interview ?

Did they ask the question 'Have you ever been cited etc ?' verbally in the interview at Houston location ? Did traffic ticket come up in the interview discussion ?

IRS normally gives 3 years Tax transcript. Is not it enough ?

I have FP scheduled June 16 Saturday morning at 9:00AM Houston 10555 NW freeway. Since I am taking my son to San Antonio that morning, I was wondering if they will let me bring my 8 year old boy into the building. Anybody has experience? Is Saturday morning a busy time there? Thanks!!!

we took our kids for the interview.
For FP we did not, but I remember seeing some kids there. You can call and ask or if others have exp please post.

Hurray!! I took my oath yesterday! glad it is over. Good luck to all. This forum was very helpful.

My timeline
N-400: 12/04/06
FP: 01/10/07
Interview Date: 02/26/07
Oath Date: 06/06/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas on next oath ceremony?

Any ideas on when the next ceremony is in Houston? Thanks

ID: April 10th 2007
OD: ??

I have FP scheduled June 16 Saturday morning at 9:00AM Houston 10555 NW freeway. Since I am taking my son to San Antonio that morning, I was wondering if they will let me bring my 8 year old boy into the building. Anybody has experience? Is Saturday morning a busy time there? Thanks!!!

yeah,i guess you can take your underaged kid with you...i have seen plenty of kids/grandparents/families/boyfriends/girlfriends accompany...been there like 3 or 4 times since i had some issues with my gc renewal...
anyways always caution is necessary...plz call them in advance and make sure u can take ur kid...

Did they ask the question 'Have you ever been cited etc ?' verbally in the interview at Houston location ? Did traffic ticket come up in the interview discussion ?

In my interview in February, the IO did ask me details about traffic citations since I had checked yes in the form.

From reading this board I learned that some people went to get their fingerprints done before their appt just by showing their letter. I told this to my friend and she went last Friday and the lady there told her she could not do it before hand and had to wait. She told her it was company policy.

Anyone know if this depends on the person there or have they changed their rules?

Timeline

Please give us your timeline in Houston, TX.

I had my interview today (06/04) in Houston. My case wasn't an easy one because of prolonged time outside of US. On one occasion I was out of the country for 11 months. In the beginning I thought that I would not make through the interview as the officer started up front by questioning time in and out of the country and said that I would need to give him a very good explanation for my absenses. The interview took 50 minutes, he went to the supervisor twice, but a long story short he made me sign the N-400, put stamp approved, and handed me N-652 with a mark recommended for approval. Although, he mentioned that another officer would review my application as part of a standard quality control process.
Again advice from this site had helped, a turning point in the interview was when the officer requested tax transcripts for 5 years and guess what I had them ready...
Civic questions, reading/writing was very easy - nothing to worry about if you study.
Still there is a bit of uncertainty in my case, but I am optimistic, feel much better than before the interview, and look forward to my oath letter. I was told that they are now processing applications for August 15th ceremony in Houston...

oath

Have anyone recieved an Oath letter for July 25 yet? I was interviewd on May 1st but until now have not heard from the USCIS. SHould I call?

Thanks

My interview was on May 1st 2007. I got my Oath letter on June 26 for the July 25 Oath Cremony.
I read in one of your posts that yours was on March 26 of this year. So have you recieved your letter yet? Please keep us posted.

I wish you all Good luck

Peace!

My interview was on May 1st 2007. I got my Oath letter on June 26 for the July 25 Oath Cremony.
I read in one of your posts that yours was on March 26 of this year. So have you recieved your letter yet? Please keep us posted.

I wish you all Good luck

Peace!

I have not recieved anything yet. I hope I get the letter for the July 25 too.

Wow! it is been over 120 days then and from what I've heard they have to make a decision before that long. Is there anyway you can call them to find out about your case? You can also call your interviewer and I am sure she/he will be able to inform you about what's holding your case.

Good Luck

Got my oath letter

I have recieved my oath letter for July 25th also... whooohooo!!!

ID: 04/10/07
OL: 06/29/07

I called INS today to ask why I have not recieved my Oath Letter yet since my interview was in March. I can't believe it but they told me that they have already sent me an Oath letter on June 20th but they sent it on wrong address!!!:mad: On an address which I have never seen. So now they have 30 days for sending me a new one!!! Who knows if I get it before July 25th. Isn't it unbelievable?:mad:
Good luck to all of you!

Phone number?

I called INS today to ask why I have not recieved my Oath Letter yet since my interview was in March. I can't believe it but they told me that they have already sent me an Oath letter on June 20th but they sent it on wrong address!!!:mad: On an address which I have never seen. So now they have 30 days for sending me a new one!!! Who knows if I get it before July 25th. Isn't it unbelievable?:mad:
Good luck to all of you!

Ivank11: What phone number did you call to get this information? Would appreciate the info. May be in a similar situation!

Thanks in advance!!

Ivank11: What phone number did you call to get this information? Would appreciate the info. May be in a similar situation!

Thanks in advance!!

I called 1800 375 5283. I had to talk with 2 different agents before I got some answer. When was your interview?

interview

interview was on May 25.

Was told at interview they were fillings slots for July 25 at that time.