N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

I just received mine today for August 31 interview. I applied on May 18th. Anybody knows when is the next oath ceremony date? Thanks.

Please post the timeline if anybody has received the interview letter recently in Houston, DO ?

Update

Here is my mom's updated timeline

Mom
N-400: 12/04/06
FP: 01/11/07
Interview Date: 06/21/07
Oath Date: 08/15/07

Mine
N-400: 12/04/06
FP: 01/10/07
Interview Date: 02/26/07
Oath Date: 06/06/07

I gave my fringer print on 05/08/07 and so far no news for my N-400. Does anyone know how long it will take for FBI to complete the name and background check?

It depends. If everything goes well, you could get your Interview Letter within 2 months after your FP. If you are not that lucky and get stuck in FBI name check, it could take from 5 months to 2 years, or even longer...

Hello all. I mailed my N-400 application yesterday. I am new to the boards and have read some of the FAQ posts but I do not understand what all of the initals and dates mean under some posts. Is there a listing of what all the initials mean? Sorry if ya'll have been asked this tons of times. I just have not seen an explination in the two days I have been peaking on the boards. Thanks, Kika

Hello all. I mailed my N-400 application yesterday. I am new to the boards and have read some of the FAQ posts but I do not understand what all of the initals and dates mean under some posts. Is there a listing of what all the initials mean? Sorry if ya'll have been asked this tons of times. I just have not seen an explination in the two days I have been peaking on the boards. Thanks, Kika
flydog gave yesterday a good overview of the one-step naturalization process:
Compared to the GC process (which is multi-step), the N-400 process is pretty much a single step (it's a step that has a few sub-steps). You send in the form, get your fingerprints taken, and wait. They eventually tell you "come in for an interview" and then "come in for the oath".

Your PD is the date on your notices that's marked "Priority Date". The districts are supposed to process cases in order of their PD (all other things (like background, fingerprint and name checks) being equal).
After the PD (Priority Date) you receive an invitation to have your fingerprints taken (FP Date). the Interview Letter (IL) gives the Interview Date. The Oath Letter gives the Oath Date (OD).

It depends. If everything goes well, you could get your Interview Letter within 2 months after your FP. If you are not that lucky and get stuck in FBI name check, it could take from 5 months to 2 years, or even longer...

Thanks a lot for your information.

Do you have any suggestion when we are stuck in the name check? Are we just sit and wait for a long time, or is there anything that we can do from our side? Thanks.

Is walk in possible for Fingerprinting at an earlier date in DeltaCenter ASC,Houston

I would like to know if walk in possible for fingerprinting at an earlier date in the following ASC in Houston, TX.

Delta Center
10555 Northwest Freeway Suite 150 Houston, TX 77092-8209.

Another question is, is it possible to bring some other family member along with the candidate inside the building ?

Thanks.

I am not sure if they will let you do it at an earlier date, but I think it should be ok if you bring someone with you. I brought my 8 year old with me and they didn't have problem at all.

I would like to know if walk in possible for fingerprinting at an earlier date in the following ASC in Houston, TX.

Delta Center
10555 Northwest Freeway Suite 150 Houston, TX 77092-8209.

Another question is, is it possible to bring some other family member along with the candidate inside the building ?

Thanks.

Question on August 15 Oath Ceremony: The letter from the USCIS lists 7 a.m. as the time to report to the Berry Center. The Berry Center website lists 6 a.m. as the start time. Does anyone know which is correct?

Also, assuming 2000+ people will be taking the oath, I imagine the actual ceremony will not begin until 9 a.m. at the earliest. Can anyone who has attended a ceremony at the Berry Center confirm?

Thanks a lot for your information.

Do you have any suggestion when we are stuck in the name check? Are we just sit and wait for a long time, or is there anything that we can do from our side? Thanks.

Well, people say there are a few things you can do, such as writing letters to your congressman, or first lady; or simply file a lawsuit against FBI or USICS. Sometimes, these methods work, sometimes don't. No matter what, wait at least 6 months first because that's still within the reasonable time range.

Any interview notice for June priority date

Did anybody get interview notice from Houston, DO for June priority date ?

Oath ceremony in September?

Did anyone receive an oath letter for Sep 12'th ceremony in Houston? I was told during the interview that mostly the oath will be on Sep 12.

Here is my timeline :

N-400 mailed : 04/20/07
FP : 05/22/07
Interview Date : 07/19/07
Oath Date : ???

Thnx

oath date beaumont texas

i got an oath letter mailed on august 9th for sept 6th oath in beaumont , texas....hope this update will help folks....about oath dates being sheduled....:D

My husband just had his oath today. It took 4 hours then another hour in the parking lot. He said getting to his car and getting out of the lot was a nightmare. I suggest taking a day (or am at least) off on your oath day.

The only thing they asked was the letter. Then they take away your GC. He said there were thousands of people!

Good luck all.

OK, finally, it is over - proudly became an US citizen yesterday.

Here is my updated timeline.

PD: 12/12/06
FP Letter: 12/20/06
FP: 01/02/07
IL: 05/01/07
ID: 06/04/07
OL: 07/18/07
OD:08/15/07

I am new to the forum and I was wondering if there is anyone that has a timeline for PD of June 2007. From reading some of the threads, I've noticed that people who submitted their application around December received their interview in a matter of a month or two; their process taking no more than 6 months. Does anyone know why there is such a hold up after the fingerprinting?

My Timeline:
PD: 6/20/07
FP notice: 7/25/07
FP date: 8/17/07

Good luck to everyone!!!!!! :)