N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Citi2007 said:
LKBECTZ: Any news about your neighbor? Case status disappeared yet?
I checked with him yesterday, his case hasn't updated since FP , case status still show online.

its_me_73 said:
It stinks. Anyway, I also setup an INFOPASS on the 5th. So, if they do not allow me to interview, I would speak to an immigration officer for further details. Thanks.

Exellent idea on the infopass for the same day. Hope things work out for you. If 5 years is their only concern (and not name check), then you might still be able to get an interview to make it to the Nov 15th oath. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck !

Received interview letter today, 4 months exactly after my FP date. Interview is on 11/2.

It's 4 weeks since FP for my wife and no change in her status yet.

Congrats!

Alex_I said:
Received interview letter today, 4 months exactly after my FP date. Interview is on 11/2.

Alex_I said:

Congrats! Please share your interview experience and your wife's case, thanks!

its_me_73 - we are in the same boat !

Got a call today to say that my interview was descheduled for the same reason as its_me_73 i.e. not completed 5 years. Guess they will re-schedule. Back to waiting mode...will watch the LUD.

citi2007 & its_me_73:
At the time of applying for N-400, every applicant should have enough understanding of the fact that it is not advisable to provide the INS with the opportunities to delay the applications because of the applicants error. I am not sure why the two of you were not able to count the numbers accurately, but if done correctly, you may not have created an additional wait in this regards.
Any way, best of luck to both of you in this regards. Hopefully, the wait will not be very longer. And dont take my remarks personally. :)

sy2006 said:
citi2007 & its_me_73:
At the time of applying for N-400, every applicant should have enough understanding of the fact that it is not advisable to provide the INS with the opportunities to delay the applications because of the applicants error. I am not sure why the two of you were not able to count the numbers accurately, but if done correctly, you may not have created an additional wait in this regards.
Any way, best of luck to both of you in this regards. Hopefully, the wait will not be very longer. And dont take my remarks personally. :)

It was not that we did not count the days correctly. I applied about 85 days prior to 5-year completion thinking it would take TSC more than 85 days to schedule the interview. However, the interview was scheduled too soon.TSC does not check to see if the 5 year has been completed before scheduling the interview. Since TSC has gotten faster, it would be wise to wait a bit longer and then file N-400.

sy2006 said:
citi2007 & its_me_73:

sy2006: Not sure what you are alluding to. There was no error in applying, I applied correctly per the rules and 90 day limits (told to me personally by the IO). Basically, Houston D.O. is processing the applications too fast. IO informed that interviews cannot be scheduled before the 5 (or 3) year anniversary. its_me_73 was 7 days away from his 5 year anniversary when the interview was scheduled. Mine was 25 days. Hope that clarifies. Thx.

citi2007 & its_me_73:

As I requested in my earlier posting, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY, but unfortunately that was not the case, and please accept my apology in this regards. What I was trying to suggest was that it was very clear from the timelines posted by a number of applicants in this forum that almost everybody was getting the interview letter withing 90 days of applying for the N400 and their interviews were also scheduled for dates withing 90 days of the application receiving date. Just trying to clarify my opinion here. The purpose of these forums are to help the future applicants and I am sure with this situation, future applicants will definitely check their numbers in this regards as well. Once again, if you two are offended, please accept my apology. My best wishes to both of you and others for successful interviews and early oath dates. :)

sy2006 said:
citi2007 & its_me_73:

As I requested in my earlier posting, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY, but unfortunately that was not the case, and please accept my apology in this regards. What I was trying to suggest was that it was very clear from the timelines posted by a number of applicants in this forum that almost everybody was getting the interview letter withing 90 days of applying for the N400 and their interviews were also scheduled for dates withing 90 days of the application receiving date. Just trying to clarify my opinion here. The purpose of these forums are to help the future applicants and I am sure with this situation, future applicants will definitely check their numbers in this regards as well. Once again, if you two are offended, please accept my apology. My best wishes to both of you and others for successful interviews and early oath dates. :)

Nothing personal & no offence. Just clarifying - are you suggesting to us that we should have applied say 60 days prior and not 90 days? And what if the applications were delayed anyway (name check etc.)? Would that not add to the overall timeline? :confused:

Based on your comments and opinion above, what would you advise future Houston D.O. applicants in terms of when exactly within the 90 day period should they apply? Day 80, 70, 60, or even less? And please carefully explain the rationale behind it. Thanks.

citi2007:
Historically speaking, it used to take several years to get to the interview phase. And in that scenario, applying 90 days before the 5 year mark was not a problem. However, the processing time has been reduced so much and with your experience, it has gained more importance for the 90 day thing. Personally, I applied several months after my five year deadline. And for me, the whole process from mailing the application to the oath taking took me less than 5 months. And it is not just me, I know of several applicants with similar results.
In my opinion, unless it is an emergency kind of situation, the applicants should wait till they are through with their 5 year waiting period. This is just my opinion. Best regards and good luck

sy2006 said:
citi2007:
Historically speaking, it used to take several years to get to the interview phase. And in that scenario, applying 90 days before the 5 year mark was not a problem. However, the processing time has been reduced so much and with your experience, it has gained more importance for the 90 day thing. Personally, I applied several months after my five year deadline. And for me, the whole process from mailing the application to the oath taking took me less than 5 months. And it is not just me, I know of several applicants with similar results.
In my opinion, unless it is an emergency kind of situation, the applicants should wait till they are through with their 5 year waiting period. This is just my opinion. Best regards and good luck

I agree with sy2006. Two years ago (applied few months past the 5 year anniversary date) my process took only 130 odd days from application to Oath in Houston. Looks like the length of time taking to process is only getting better day by day. In my opinion, applicants from Houston area should not apply earlier than 45 days before their 5 year anniversary.

houstonian-tx said:
I agree with sy2006. Two years ago (applied few months past the 5 year anniversary date) my process took only 130 odd days from application to Oath in Houston. Looks like the length of time taking to process is only getting better day by day. In my opinion, applicants from Houston area should not apply earlier than 45 days before their 5 year anniversary.

Well, I must agree that suggestions are good. However, it's a problem with the service center, TSC in this case. All TSC needs to do is to check the Date before issuing interview letter. The interview letters are system generated anyway. So, the computer program that they run to generate the letters needs to be little bit smarter!! Hopefully, someone at TSC will figure it out sooner than later.

its_me_73:

Do you think TSC will improve their procedure? I personally doubt as by doing so they will make life a little easier for the applicant and that is a big no no for the immigration people. Good luck with your interview letter and keep posting your experience. Best regards.

its_me_73 said:
Well, I must agree that suggestions are good. However, it's a problem with the service center, TSC in this case. All TSC needs to do is to check the Date before issuing interview letter. The interview letters are system generated anyway. So, the computer program that they run to generate the letters needs to be little bit smarter!! Hopefully, someone at TSC will figure it out sooner than later.

Remember the famous words..."Ask not what your country can do for your country but what you can do for your country"... USCIS follows that to the bone...and they even modify it to ..."but what more can you do for your country"...

Filed N400 in april_2006

hi you all

just wanted to share my timeline

PD 4/14/06
FP 5/17/06

no news yet. still waiting. went to DO 3 weeks ago, officer told me it is pending due to name check.
scheduled another infopass for next week. just want to know when i may have my interview so i can plan my vacation.

I appreciate any comments/experiences on this name check issue.