N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Congrats: I am sure all of you will get the interview letter soon. Please share the intervew experience on this forum..

sy2006 said:
Congrats: I am sure all of you will get the interview letter soon. Please share the intervew experience on this forum..

Are there any restrictions on out-of-country travel after the interview and before the oath? I need to leave the country the day after the interview. Trying to figure out if that's going to be any problem. Thanks for your feedback.

its_me_73 said:
Are there any restrictions on out-of-country travel after the interview and before the oath? I need to leave the country the day after the interview. Trying to figure out if that's going to be any problem. Thanks for your feedback.

Nope. Make sure you are back before Oath. Mention the travel dates on the back of the Oath letter you receive. Have a nice trip.

Oath letter

I am wondering if i can make oath date of Nov 15 in houston? I had interview on 09/18.

Has anybody received oath letter for Nov 15th?

thanks,

Sandy

Usually the oath letters are issued about two weeks before the oath date. You should be expecting the oath letter by the end of this month. By the way, did they mentioned anything about the oath during or after the interview? Good luck.......... :)

Oath letter

They didn't mention anything about Oath date during my interview...however during the interview of my wife who got interviewed same day, it was mentioned that Oath will be on Nov 15. Also she gave two page direction to my wife for the place where Oath will be held.

Thanks,

Sandy

This is a common practice. They inform the "wives" of the oath date and direction to the oath place at the time of the interview, and the "husbands" have to wait for their name check to be completed. Honestly speaking, the chances of you making to the Nov 15 oath date is not very high. But still you have a chance. If you dont get a oath letter by the end of October, your oath will not be in november. Keep us posted of the proceedings.......Good luck :)

I had FP on Aug 1st in Houston and have not receive IL. Should i make an infopass to talk to immigration office?

Update

For self and wife -
08/04/06 Mailed N-400
08/07/06 Mail delivered
08/07/06 Check cashed
08/07/06 Received date
08/07/06 Priority date
08/11/06 Notice date
08/17/06 NOA received
08/17/06 Online case status registered, last updated date is 8/17
08/19/06 FP notice received (dated 8/15, mailed 8/17)
08/23/06 FP appointment
08/30/06 Online case disappeared, last updated date is 8/30
09/05/06 IL notice received (dated 8/30, mailed 9/1)
10/10/06 IV scheduled
10/10/06 IV de-scheduled by USCIS
10/25/06 IV re-scheduled letter recd (dated 10/19, mailed 10/23)
11/28/06 IV scheduled (no change in LUD)

Last edited by a moderator:
new to the forum...got citizenship last year in Houston. Here's my timeline:

07/05/05- Mailed N-400
07/07/05- N-400 Receipt Date
07/21/05- Application Receipt Notice
08/06/05- Fingerprint Notice
09/13/05- Fingerprint Appointment
09/27/05- Interview Appointment Letter
10/18/05- Interview
11/16/05- Oath Ceremony

Coming up on one year as a US citizen- wahoo! :)

Alex_I said:
Received interview letter today, 4 months exactly after my FP date. Interview is on 11/2.

It's 4 weeks since FP for my wife and no change in her status yet.
Hi, Alex, any updates on your wife's case? No news from myside, I may request infopass late Nov. Your IV date is 11/2, hope everything go successfully.

LKBECTZ said:
Hi, Alex, any updates on your wife's case? No news from myside, I may request infopass late Nov. Your IV date is 11/2, hope everything go successfully.

LKBECTZ, no updates on my wife's case. It's 6 weeks since her FP so hopefully, if it's name check delay, it won't take too long.

Thanks for the well wishes for my interview. It's 3 days away and hopefully all works good.

Alex_I : Good Luck for your interview. Please share your experience.

TXC : Please post your timeline. Suggest you go for infopass.

hi all!

my case so far..

apr 06 N400 sent
may 06 FP done
June 20 06 interview done..

but am still waiting for my oath ceremony letter..

did all i could do, infopass, uscis cust #, contacted the Senator and Congressman office..but still no idea about my oath..

any hints like whats happening ??

btw,i used to post in this same topic, but lost my pwd, so jus created a new id...looks like all the old timers have gone...

Interview Delay

My application date is the 21st of July 2006. Got my fingerprinting done on the 8th of August. But, have been on a waiting mode ever since. While my wife has her interview tomorrow (applied the same date together), my app seems to be on hold.
I went for the infopass interview and was just told that security check has not been completed yet. I am looking to relocate to India and am not able to do any planning without this interview. Is there anything else I can do to expedite this? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ravi

I had my interview this morning. I arrived there 50 minutes before the interview time (8:40) and only waited 10 minutes before being called for the interview.

Interview went fine. Took about 15 minutes will all the normal procedures.

At the end I got a lovely surprise which was that I was told that I will be scheduled for the Nov. 15th oath. So I had to go back and wait in the waiting area. I waited for a little over 2 hours and got my oath letter. I saw that happening in other DO's but don't recall hearing about it in Houston.

So it's coming close to the end of my immigration process that started in 1991 with F1 visa, OPT, 2 H1B's, and then GC.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully my wife's case move a bit faster

Self
PD: 5/1/06
FP: 6/7/06
Status disappeared: 10/2/06
IL received: 10/6/06
ID: 11/2
Oath: 11/15

Wife
PD: 8/11/06
FP: 9/9/06

ravipaami said:
My application date is the 21st of July 2006. Got my fingerprinting done on the 8th of August. But, have been on a waiting mode ever since. While my wife has her interview tomorrow (applied the same date together), my app seems to be on hold.
I went for the infopass interview and was just told that security check has not been completed yet. I am looking to relocate to India and am not able to do any planning without this interview. Is there anything else I can do to expedite this? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ravi

Why would you need a US passport if you are moving back to India?