N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

smenon2000 said:
submitted - Jan 09
Received - Jan 13
Check cashed - Jan 17
FP letter - Feb 07
FP date - Feb 28
Interview date - Apr 13

Interview went off smoothly. Got there around 9AM for a 10AM appointment. Got called around 9:30, was out the door by 9:45.

The interview itself was a walkthrough of the questions in the application form + answering about 10 civics/history questions from the 100 question list. Very friendly officer with a good sense of humor. Pleasant experience.

Oath scheduled for June 21.

shishir528 said:
wow,congratulations...hope everyone is as lucky as you....could you let us know when did u get the interview letter after fp....coz i went through fp on 03-31...

got the interview letter around Mar 15 (about 2 weeks after the fp).

Hello everybody..How long is the average duration between the interview and the oath ceremony........

the oath ceremony dates are pre-determined dates...i know we have the next oath in june and after tht in august...houston
so depends when ur interviw falls and if u manage to get through the namecheck in time

sy2006 said:
Hello everybody..How long is the average duration between the interview and the oath ceremony........

#15 21st January 2006, 07:41 PM
houston2006
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2006

Oath tentative dates in 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tentative dates for Houston Naturalization Ceremonies in 2006:

January 24
March 29
June 21
August 9
September 20
November 15

Hello everyone. Could you please tell me if any body has gone through the Oath taking ceremony recently. If yes, how long was the time between interview and the Oath

thanks for starting a Houston/TX thread

thanks everyone for starting a seperate discussion thread for Houston/TX area..

also thanks for sharing your experiences here..

My case..

Application posted on 5th Apr (sent cashier's checks)
Notice date 16th Apr with Recieved Date/Priority Date 6th Apr on it.
Fingerprint Notice date 26th Apr for 12th May
So Fingerprints on 12th May....

Any idea when would my Interview date would be(assuming everything goes smoothly!) and would i luckyly fall on June 21 Oath date ?.

cos, my marriage is on Aug 9 ;) ...

thanks a bunch in advance..

congrats on your marriage but,very unlikely for june 21st ceremony. :( ...i guess only ur lady luck can get u through to the june 21st ceremony... ;)

thanks query for ur quick reply

so should i let them know about these travel plans at the time of interview..? if they ask me for the aug 9 dates. I know i am going a bit far on this issue, but just in case, gathering info wouldnt hurt.. :(

i am really sorry,i do not have much info about this.
create a new thread and trust me u will get a lot of replies frm ppl who have experienced these things first hand...
create a seperate thread.
i dont know where u are planning to travel,but i can tell u that i have a very different opinion from the guys in this forum especially if u plan to go to asia...
trust me going to asia in midst of an interview for personal reasons is not the best of options right now...

I mailed my application 2 weeks ago to TSC and just received my NOA receipt with my case number and PD.

I was wondering, does the online status ever change to show that FP is scheduled? or would it just stay at whatever it's on now till it disappears before receiving the interview letter?

got FP done at the NW freeway houston ins office,on may 12..was out within 10 mins..

does the interview take place at the same office or does it depend on the county you stay..? my county is angelina..

thanks in advance!

no ,the interview is at the d.o off beltway8 and i45....the very next next exit after i45 on beltway8.i forgot the name of the street its something like valley green or imperial valley.but right after u cross the exit for i45 and take the exit it says towards uscis!