N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

I wish I knew!

workhomes2003, I do not know the answer to your question at this time but will find out during my interview or someone else could post from past experience.

timesnap, the oath dates for Houston DO are posted on their webpage. You could lookup the USCIS webpage for your specific DO or you could start a thread for your specific DO on this forum and perhaps some folks may be willing to share the info they have.

hey ppl...
just curious what kind of questions do they ask you when u go for bio-metrics?....
thanks in advance...

I have posted my papers on 27th Feb. Check cleared on March 6th. I have yet to receive the Receipt Notice. When can I expect?
Thx

Shishir528, during FP I don't think they ask any questions.
Achintyask, you should be getting the Receipt Notice any day now. But next week if you still don't get it , I would call customer service.

Houston2006, good luck with your interview. Please share your interview experience. Also if possible , can u find out what would be the cut off date for April 6th Oath ? Thanks.

thanks a lot workhomes....i got my finger printing notice today......
but i have a problem....my green card is expired and i have applied for renewal and its in the renewal process....i was curious if i can go ahead for the finger priniting with my expired green card??
plz reply
thanks a ton in advance

shishir

Interview on 4th of April...

my timeline
applied on 12.12.05
FP 02.02.06
interview date 04.04.06
In the interview letter I have been asked to bring selective service registration letter. I have entered USA after my 26th b'day. what should I do about that?

successful interview experience

There were about 30 applicants in the waiting area. The interview was conducted a little ahead of time and lasted less than 15 minutes. The officer was very pleasant and offered the standard Civics/ English test. I had listed traffic citation on the N-400 and she asked for the original traffic agency document to keep with my file.

She handed me Form N-652 with marked Box A (recommended for approval) and stated I should receive in the mail oath letter for probably June 21 (date not guaranteed).

She could not accomodate me for the oath on March 29. The paperwork pre-processing time for the oath is typically about 7-10 days. She stated that I am not eligible to attend oath ceremony in Beaumont (different jurisdiction). Well, with God's grace, hopefully the final step will also go smoothly.

workhomes2003, good luck with your interview next week!

houstonian1, you can request a "Status Infomation Letter" from SSS.gov confirming that you were not required to register but it may take 2 weeks to receive it. Most likely, the interviewing officer will not insist on the SIL. (My situation is similar to yours and the officer wrote "over age" on the SSS entry while going through my N-400. She did not ask me for the SIL but glanced at it since I had it with me.)

Houston2006,

that's excellant. Congratulations!! Are the questions from 100 questions listed in the web ?.
What documents do they ask for ?

Interview on April 4th

Thank you Houstonian2006 for your kind reply. I have another problem, I did not mention about my speeding tickets in the N-400 application. I got 2 tickets so far 1 in illinois and another in kansas, but to be honest I don't have any records of those and I don't even remember the dates except the year. My interview as I have mentioned earlier is on april 4th. Can anyone advice how to resolve this issue before or during the interview? thanks much in advance.

workhomes2003, thanks. Yes, the test questions are all from the standard 96 questions available on the web. I was asked for original of permanent resident card, driver license, passport (and traffic agency letter that I had listed on N-400).

houstonian1, if you are unable to obtain original documentation, perhaps you could take a notarized self-affidavit that you have paid all your fines. But your oral statements during interview are also under oath...so your oral statement may be as good as your written statement. (I am not a lawyer and this is purely my guess.)

Thanks all.
I have received my receipt notice.
Papers sent 2/28
Received 3/6
Priority 3/6
Notice Date 3/24
Notice Sent 3/28
Notice Rcvd 3/30
When can I expect FP letter?

I had my interview today and it was successful. Interview started 10 minutes later then my scheduled time. It was over in 10 minutes. I
I didn't list my traffic ticket, so I told the officer about it. Officer asked me for the documents. i gave the copies.

Officer gave me the Form N-652 with marked Box A (recommended for approval) and I was told I will probably getting OATH letter around june 10th for June 21st ceremony.

Officer also told me since i didn't give the original documents for Traffic ticket, I might be asked for original( from the court copy) later.

Done with the Interview this morning...

It was an easy process...Interview started on time and lasted less than 10 minutes. Officer gave me a list of questions( printed on paper) 2 blanks and 8 multiple choices( nothing beyond those 100 questions) and then he asked me to write a sentence. He went through my application thats when I told him that I did not mention about my traffic tickets in the application. He replied " thats not a problem". He then asked me the years I received those tickets and wrote them down in the application. I gave my passport, green card and driver's license for verification. that's all... He handed me the form 652? or whatever. At the end he informed me that Oath ceremony will be on june 21st and will be receiving a letter in mail with details.
Good luck to everyone and see some of you on June 21st during the Oath ceremony.
Thank you especially to Houston2006 for the valuable advice.

MainBheeCitizen , have you taken OATH yet ?.

Others, I know we are almost 3 months away from taking OATH( June 21st). Please update here when you get your OATH letter.

ppl i guess 3 of u got oath dates for june,but could you please tell me how long did u guys wait after fp for interview....coz i had my fp on
04-01-06,just hoping everything goes well.....
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: