N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Just (02/09/08) got Interview Letter

Wow, I am amazed. I just did my FPs and lo and behold here is my IL! Here are my details:
- N400 mailed: 07/26/07
- N400 delivered to USCIS PO Box: 07/27/07
- N400 signed for by USCIS at PO Box: 07/30/07
- N400 PD: 07/27/07
- Cheque cashed: 12/05/07
- Notice letter received: 12/14/07
- Received FP letter: 01/??/08
- FP appointment: 01/31/08
- FP returned to USCIS by FBI: 01/31/08
- FP cleared: ??/??/??
- IL letter received: 02/09/08
- Interview appointment scheduled for: 03/28/08

Anyone have info on upcoming ceremony dates for Houston?

Thanks,

Mike
PS: As my handle implies, I am a Canadian citizen, well dual actually (Canada and UK)
PPS: The online stuff is wrong though - it lists USCIS as receiving my N400 on 11/20/07 and it has not been updated since that wrong entry and I have never received any email updates even though I signed up for them

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I found some Oath dates by calling the "MO Campbell Education Center" facility directly. They have these dates set aside: March 5, 2008; April 2, 2008; April 30, 2008; June 25, 2008; July 2, 2008

Mike

Need help with oath dates in San Antonio, TX

Ok I found some Oath dates by calling the "MO Campbell Education Center" facility directly. They have these dates set aside: March 5, 2008; April 2, 2008; April 30, 2008; June 25, 2008; July 2, 2008

Mike

texascanuck or anybody who can help me get the oath dates in San Antonio, TX after Feb 25th.

Thanks a bunch.

N400 Status online

Is it possible to check N400 status online?
We had fingeprints with my wife 01/22/08.
My wife received an interview letter about 3 weeks ago.
I am still waiting. Does anyone have similar expirience?

Me: (5 year based)

N-400 sent via USPS: 07/26/07
N-400 received by TSC: 07/27/07
PD: 07/27/07
Check cashed: 12/14/07
Fingerprint: 01/22/08
Interview Letter received: ???
Interview Date: ???

My Wife: (5 year based)

N-400 sent via USPS: 07/26/07
N-400 received by TSC: 07/27/07
PD: 07/27/07
Check cashed: 12/14/07
Fingerprint: 01/22/08
Interview Letter received: 02/08/08
Interview Date: 03/14/08

HOUSTON, TSC

Unfortunately,the answer is NO
You probably stuck in the name check. My pd is aug 7 and i'll have my interview on Apr 17. The only way you can find out about your status is Infopass.
Good luck

Infopass visit

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately infopass did not give me an answer to my question. I had an appointment about a week ago. Immigration officer (lady with quiet voice) on all my questions replied “Not ready yet”. How do you verify if you pass the name check?
Thanks.

March oath letters?

Hi!
Read on this forum for a while now but never posted before.
Currently waiting for my oath letter; passed interview in Houston on February 7 and I'd be very interested to hear if anybody is receiving oath letters in the next couple of weeks. Planning to travel abroad this summer and my Swedish passport expires late april, so that US passport is desperately needed before then.

Regards,
Fafner

-------------
N-400 July -07
Fingerprint Notice Oct -07
Fingerprinted Nov -07
Interview Letter Dec -07
Interview Passed Feb 07 -08
Oath Letter ??
Oath ??

Fafner,hi
may be you should give a call to USCIS and try to ask a cust service rep. to transfer your call to IO to find out what is going on with your case. You defenetely should get your oath letter by now.A friend of mine had an interview at the end of Feb and was scheduled for the march ceremony.
Try to call to be sure your letter hasn't been lost on its way to you.
Good luck.

Yikes, now I'm worried.
The interview officer did say the ceremony would be in March, but I have seen posts here where the letter got sent only 2 weeks prior, so I wasn't too concerned.

What is an IO?
I called the main number on Monday and the first line operator said to call back if I hadn't heard anything for four months. Sounded like a genereic response. He didn't offer to let me speak to somebody else...

IO-immigration officer
The customer ser repr don't want to transfer your call to IO.Try to call again.Hopefully ,someone will connect you to IO. Just tell to cust ser repr that you supposed to get your letter back in Feb. for the March ceremony(which passed already)and you didn't get that letter and now you're very concern that your oath invitation letter has been lost in the mail.If it will not work maybe you should schedule an Infopass.

Anmn,

I failed to mention I live in Beaumont and I believe they occasionally hold ceremonies here as well. Maybe they plan to call me to the next one here?

Either way, I'll call in tomorrow and see what they can tell me.
Thanks so much for the advice!

Fafner,
may be it's the reason why you still don't have yout oath letter. My friend is from the woodlands area and he took the oath in downtown of Houston,I know that Beaumont is another district and they run their own oath in some occasions (not so often as Houston). May be you from the beggining has been scheduled for the ceremony in Beaumont ?
If you'll not get the answer from a cust repr. ,try to call the place where USCIS runs oath in Beaumont ,usually people from there can tell you the schedule for the next few month and you can have a better idea about when possibly you can have your oath
Good luck.

Called in today but couldn't make it past the front lines despite very insistent appeals to common sense. I have to either wait 90 days before they will look into my case or schedule an infopass session.

Found the oath ceremony schedule and I figure I'll wait to see if I get scheduled for an April ceremony in either Beaumont or Houston. If not, it'll be infopass (and yet another immigration related drive to Houston :rolleyes:).

HEy everyone,
New in this forum...I live in Humble TX
Just applied for my citizenship...I am a little nervous because I think I did some mistakes with the traffic tickets but...Oh well...

Interview location

I had an interview back in November, but missed it because the letter was sent to the wrong address (and I did not change my address, so it was USCIS' fault). So of course, I didn't know about my interview until February.:mad: I did an Infopass and received a copy of my first interview notice, which read the location was at 126 Northpoint Dr. Anyway, I just received my second interview notice and it will be at 16504 Central Green Boulevard Houston, TX (Houston Office/Life Building-Citizen & Immigration Services). Does anyone know why the location changed or do they hold interviews in different locations? :confused:

Thanks

Timeline
PD: 6/20/07
FP: 8/17/07
Interview: 11/26/07 (missed)
Contacted USCIS: 2/6/08
Infopass: 3/18/08
IL: 3/20/08
2nd Interview scheduled: 5/1/08
Oath: ?

Still waiting

Butterfly 1978cn and vision1227
Do you have any updates with your cases?

We applied July 23, 2007.
Processing times for Houston SC show they working on cases of July 20. Anyone know how long it takes them to move up a day because I checked last week and it was on July 20.

Another question, if we receive interview date, can it be postponed? We just had a child and wife is in no condition to travel for the next couple of months.

Thanks

We had applied July 30 and we finished interview on Mar 4 in Houston. In my interview letter, it had the option of returning the letter immediately with reasons for postponement.

My interview is scheduled for April 15, 2008. Can anyone tell me if that means that I can take the oath on April 30... or do they usually schedule you for the next available spot??

They aren't offering any oath ceremonies in May. Which means, I'll have to wait till june 2008 :(

Scheduled an infopass visit and learnt that since I am a Beaumont resident I can only go to the Beaumont ceremonies, even if that means waiting several months. Reason is that they only schedule these when they have a large enough batch to justify it. The USCIS website lists the next Beaumont ceremony for April 3rd but the courthouse told me it will be April 9th.

Can anybody tell me who sends the notice letters? If the ceremonies are scheduled locally there may be some flexibility to it so I might be able to squeeze in...