n400 Question on 5 year - 90 days rule

Kulfi

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am trying to fill my n400. I got my GC on 11/18/2004, so its technically less than 5 years. So while filing on 5yrs - 90 days rule, What should I reply to the question below in n400 form?

"I have been a lawful permanent resident of the united states for at least five years"

Reply will be appreciated
Thanks
Kulfi

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a question, but a selection. You are applying under 5 year rule, so you would select 5 years as a LPR.

Hi
I am trying to fill my n400. I got my GC on 11/18/2004, so its technically less than 5 years. So while filing on 5yrs - 90 days rule, What should I reply to the question below in n400 form?

"I have been a lawful permanent resident of the united states for at least five years"

Thanks
Kulfi

Just select 5 years as a lawful permanent resident. 90 years rule means they allow you to apply for citizenship early (90 days from the date your 5th anniversary starts) if you want to apply for US citizenship under 5-year rule.

Hi

Thanks
Kulfi

Select this option as you are applying based on EB and 5 year continuous residence rule.