N400 November DO: Los Angeles Timeline Tracker

Hi Greg_loans,

So far after the online update on March 1, 2013, I havenot received the interview letter. I am little worried. When did you recieve it in the mail. I assume we got the same online update on March 1st.

Many Thanks,
Hi,

I received online status on 2/25/2013 that interview was scheduled. I only received the letter dated 3/1/2013 on 3/4/2013. I think it's better for you to wait till end of next week before you schedule an infopass with LA DO.

Good luck.

I didn’t receive it yet, call them and tell that you received the interview letter but you barely see the date it is kind of damaged and they will tell you the date and time. LOL Good luck

Finally, I received my IL letter yesterday. My Interview date is April 8th.

DO: Los Angeles, CA
11/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/20/12: N-400 delivered (Day 1)
11/23/12: NOA received on 11/28/12 (Accepted and Initial Review)
11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 9)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in)
12/07/12: In-line for Interview Scheduling (Day 18)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
03/01/13: Interview scheduled
03/07/13: IL Recvd.
04/08/13: Interview Date
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Went to Interview yesterday. It was for 20 minutes. Basically IO went over the application and the background of my family, spouse, kids and so on. Basic questions and english writing. Finally she handed over the N 652 form - approval form.

here is my timeline.

01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que

Hi,

I received Oath Letter today. The Oath Ceremony is scheduled on April 16, 2013, 1.03pm at LA Convention Center. I still can't believe I can make it for the April 16, 2013 Oath Ceremony since I requested name change during the interview on April 1, 2013. TQ for the IO who interviewed me.

Anyway, my journey is almost coming to an end. It has been a long wait -over 5 years, and I look forward to a new chapter in my life as a USC.

Take care!

Here is my timeline. Changed te Oath que status.

04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)
04/11/13: Oath scheduling que

Hey usacitizentobe, your interview dates and mine are quite close....

I know LACC has May 23 for the oath ceremony (check out the US District Courts web page, look for naturalization ceremonies). Keeping my fingers crossed I can make that day.

My timeline....

12/03/12: Application mailed to Phoenix
12/08/12: NOA received on 12/13/12
12/11/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/27/12)
12/27/12: FP done (Walk-in)
03/04/13: IL Received
04/15/13: Interview date (Recommended for Approval)

Hey usacitizentobe, your interview dates and mine are quite close....

I know LACC has May 23 for the oath ceremony (check out the US District Courts web page, look for naturalization ceremonies). Keeping my fingers crossed I can make that day.

My timeline....

12/03/12: Application mailed to Phoenix
12/08/12: NOA received on 12/13/12
12/11/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/27/12)
12/27/12: FP done (Walk-in)
03/04/13: IL Received
04/15/13: Interview date (Recommended for Approval)

Hollow21;

Could you share your interview experience with us?

Hollow21;

Could you share your interview experience with us?

I sure can...

My interview time was 12:00 PM (noon). I was there at the downtown building around 10:45 AM. By the time I went thru security, it was around 11:00 AM. Went to the 6th floor and hand in my interview notice and waited. There weren't that many interviewees as I thought. Maybe around a dozen or so sitting in the waiting area.

At around 11:20 AM (surprisingly more than 1/2 hour early!), my name was called. The IO wasn't the chatty type (neither am I) but neither was she rude or unpleasant. She walked me to her office (they got nice offices with nice views up there of all downtown buildings) and we went straight to business. First, she made me swore the oath of honesty after which I took my seat.

I brought all the documents as recommended in the sticky somewhere in the main thread of this forum. But all she asked was my driver's license and green card. She didn't even asked for my passport.

Once she verified the information, she handed back my cards. Then she started going thru the N-400 application. She wasn't very detailed I think. Some parts, I saw her just rapidly checking them off once she was comfortable with the answers I given. Maybe because my case was pretty straightforward. Good job, no law infringements, no marital complications, few overseas visits and so on.

After she was done with N-400, she started the questions. I think I got 1 wrong one eventhough she tried to help me...haha.... but at the end I passed everything. She have me signed the N-400, started filling some forms, typed something on her computer, and then printed the (recommended for) approval notice and said congratulations. She told me to wait for my oath notice and walked me out.

The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. I was out of the parking lot by 12:00 PM.

I sure can...

My interview time was 12:00 PM (noon). I was there at the downtown building around 10:45 AM. By the time I went thru security, it was around 11:00 AM. Went to the 6th floor and hand in my interview notice and waited. There weren't that many interviewees as I thought. Maybe around a dozen or so sitting in the waiting area.

At around 11:20 AM (surprisingly more than 1/2 hour early!), my name was called. The IO wasn't the chatty type (neither am I) but neither was she rude or unpleasant. She walked me to her office (they got nice offices with nice views up there of all downtown buildings) and we went straight to business. First, she made me swore the oath of honesty after which I took my seat.

I brought all the documents as recommended in the sticky somewhere in the main thread of this forum. But all she asked was my driver's license and green card. She didn't even asked for my passport.

Once she verified the information, she handed back my cards. Then she started going thru the N-400 application. She wasn't very detailed I think. Some parts, I saw her just rapidly checking them off once she was comfortable with the answers I given. Maybe because my case was pretty straightforward. Good job, no law infringements, no marital complications, few overseas visits and so on.

After she was done with N-400, she started the questions. I think I got 1 wrong one eventhough she tried to help me...haha.... but at the end I passed everything. She have me signed the N-400, started filling some forms, typed something on her computer, and then printed the (recommended for) approval notice and said congratulations. She told me to wait for my oath notice and walked me out.

The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. I was out of the parking lot by 12:00 PM.

Sounds very straightforward, congrats, I ll have my interview in Downtown LA too.
Thank you for sharing.

hi,

Attended oath ceremony today at Los Angeles Convention Center, 12.30pm. It was a huge crowd- 2976 new US citizens (not sure the exact no..haha) with the oldest being a 97yo elderly from Mexico. Surprisingly the event was running on schedule and in an orderly manner.

I took the Metro Rail Gold Line from Sierra Madre to Union Station, then interchanged to Metro Rail Purple line to 7th St and again interchanged to Metro Rail Expo Line to Pico Blvd. The whole journey took around 50mins to an hour. The LACC is a walking distance from Pico Blvd Expo Line station-reached the LACC around 12.20pm. It's the cheapest travelling fare - $5 for Daily Pass for every Metro Rail and Buses you take till 3am, and the best thing is you wont have to hurdle tru the traffic and pay the parking fees near LACC.[Note : You need the TAP card to load the $5 Daily Pass for ALL Metro Rail and buses. You can get the TAP card when you on board any Metro buses or at any Metro Rail stations. The TAP card costs $1, so total costs = $6 for Daily Pass.]

When I arrived at the LACC, there were already long queues. There was security check before we could enter the hall. This was most probably as a result of the twin bombing in Boston yesterday. Then we were directed to "check-in" at any counters - there were over 60 counters. At the counter, you hand in the Oath Ceremony letter and Green Card. The officer will ask the questions stated at the back of the Oath Ceremony Letter and punched your Green Card. Also, he/she will stamp on the Oath Ceremony Letter and write the "Table No." -the counter where you will get your naturalization certificate after the ceremony.

After that, we were directed to the seats. Each of us was given a package and a flag before we were seated. The package contains a small piece of paper for the Oath (Note: remember to take out this paper as you need it for your Oath), a letter from the President, voter information and certifcate file. During the ceremony, some volunteers handed out the Voter Registration form. Anyway, I did not submit the Voter Registration at the end of the ceremony. Will do it when I have the time.

The judge presided the ceremony was the 1st first Chinese American appointed as a United States District Judge-kinda emotional when he told us his family immigration history. Anyway, just relax and enjoy yourself during the ceremony.

After the Oath Ceremony, we were told to be remain seated. And then we were asked to proceed to the counter to get the naturalization certificate. This was done row-by-row on the first-come first-serve basis. So, whoever comes in 1st will get the naturalization certificate earlier.

Remember to check your name and Date of Birth in your naturalization certificate before you leave the hall. Also, if you petition to name change, please make sure the petition is stapled with your naturalization certificate. You need the petition for name change for your new SSN, passport, new driver license.

By the way, if you want - you can get the certificate holder and passport cover for $10 each. I just bought the certificate holder and passport cover at the hall.There are few mexicans selling at the streets for $5 each. I didn't look at those.

Also, I could not find the USPS booth to apply my passport. Will apply at the local Post Office.

All the best to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

Attended oath ceremony today at Los Angeles Convention Center, 12.30pm. It was a huge crowd- 2976 new US citizens (not sure the exact no..haha) with the oldest being a 97yo elderly from Mexico. Surprisingly the event was running on schedule and in an orderly manner.

I took the Metro Rail Gold Line from Sierra Madre to Union Station, then interchanged to Metro Rail Purple line to 7th St and again interchanged to Metro Rail Expo Line to Pico Blvd. The whole journey took around 50mins to an hour. The LACC is a walking distance from Pico Blvd Expo Line station-reached the LACC around 12.20pm. It's the cheapest travelling fare - $5 for Daily Pass for every Metro Rail and Buses you take till 3am, and the best thing is you wont have to hurdle tru the traffic and pay the parking fees near LACC.[Note : You need the TAP card to load the $5 Daily Pass for ALL Metro Rail and buses. You can get the TAP card when you on board any Metro buses or at any Metro Rail stations. The TAP card costs $1, so total costs = $6 for Daily Pass.]

When I arrived at the LACC, there were already long queues. There was security check before we could enter the hall. This was most probably as a result of the twin bombing in Boston yesterday. Then we were directed to "check-in" at any counters - there were over 60 counters. At the counter, you hand in the Oath Ceremony letter and Green Card. The officer will ask the questions stated at the back of the Oath Ceremony Letter and punched your Green Card. Also, he/she will stamp on the Oath Ceremony Letter and write the "Table No." -the counter where you will get your naturalization certificate after the ceremony.

After that, we were directed to the seats. Each of us was given a package and a flag before we were seated. The package contains a small piece of paper for the Oath (Note: remember to take out this paper as you need it for your Oath), a letter from the President, voter information and certifcate file. During the ceremony, some volunteers handed out the Voter Registration form. Anyway, I did not submit the Voter Registration at the end of the ceremony. Will do it when I have the time.

The judge presided the ceremony was the 1st first Chinese American appointed as a United States District Judge-kinda emotional when he told us his family immigration history. Anyway, just relax and enjoy yourself during the ceremony.

After the Oath Ceremony, we were told to be remain seated. And then we were asked to proceed to the counter to get the naturalization certificate. This was done row-by-row on the first-come first-serve basis. So, whoever comes in 1st will get the naturalization certificate earlier.

Remember to check your name and Date of Birth in your naturalization certificate before you leave the hall. Also, if you petition to name change, please make sure the petition is stapled with your naturalization certificate. You need the petition for name change for your new SSN, passport, new driver license.

By the way, if you want - you can get the certificate holder and passport cover for $10 each. I just bought the certificate holder and passport cover at the hall.There are few mexicans selling at the streets for $5 each. I didn't look at those.

Also, I could not find the USPS booth to apply my passport. Will apply at the local Post Office.

All the best to you all!

Hey GuyinSH,

Thanks for the update.

Curious question about checking your name and DOB on the cert, what if you find something wrong? Are they able to correct them on the spot? I suppose you have to wait for a weeks to correct any mistakes, right?

Thanks....

Hey GuyinSH,

Thanks for the update.

Curious question about checking your name and DOB on the cert, what if you find something wrong? Are they able to correct them on the spot? I suppose you have to wait for a weeks to correct any mistakes, right?

Thanks....

hi, eeee..i really dont know how the USCIS would correct the mistakes in naturalization certificate. What we were told during the ceremony is to notify immediately to USCIS officer onsite about the error as soon as possible.

I think they may notify you via mail once the new naturalization certificate has been issued...You should ask those in the forum who had experienced such an ordeal before.

Oath ceremony date in April and may

I am placed on oath que. when is the next oath ceremony date in Los Angeles?

Many thanks.

Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Oath Ceremony scheduled today.

Below is my timeline.

11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 10)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12) (Day 14)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in) (Day 16)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 58)
03/01/13: Interview scheduled (Day 102)
03/07/13: IL Recvd. ( Day 108)
04/08/13: Interview Date (Recommended for Approval)(Day 140)
04/11/13: Oath scheduling que (Day 143)
04/23/13: Oath Ceremony scheduled(Online notification) (Day 155)

Oath Ceremony Letter received

Oath Ceremony letter received today. Oath is scheduled for May 23, 2013 at Los Angeles Convention Center.

Below is my timeline.

01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 58)
04/27/13: Oath Letter received (Day 159)
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen" - May 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Convention Center

Finally became US CITIZEN today. My Long Immigration journey is over. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE AND SUPPORT IN THIS FORUM. :)

Quick question regarding application for passport?

Do we have to give the original Naturalization Certificate to the passport agency? Please advice.

Below is my timeline.

04/27/13: Oath Letter received (Day 159)
05/23/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen" - May 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Convention Center