N400 November DO: Los Angeles Timeline Tracker

usacitizentobe

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am starting a new thread for all applicants from DO Los angeles for November 2012 applicants.

I couldnot find a specified thread for Los Angeles DO.

Please find my timeline below. Appreciate if you can enter your timeline.

Many Thanks.

DO: Los Angeles, CA
11/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11/20/12: N-400 delivered (Day 1)
11/23/12: NOA received on 11/28/12 (Accepted and Initial Review)
11/29/12: Per website, FP notice mailed (Day 9)
12/03/12: FB notice recd ( scheduled on 12/12/12)
12/05/12: FP done (Walk-in)
12/07/12: In-line for Interview Scheduling (Day 18)
01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
XX/XX/13: Interview scheduled
XX/XX/13: IL Recvd.
XX/XX/13: Interview Done- 'Passed'
XX/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
XX/XX/13: Oath Letter received
XX/XX/13: Oath Ceremony "US Citizen"
XX/XX/13: Applied for Passport
XX/XX/13: Received Passport

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

Today (2/25/2013) received notification that my application has been scheduled for interview. Hopefully, i can get it done ASAP.

Los Angeles DO is very slow.

hi,

Today (2/25/2013) received notification that my application has been scheduled for interview. Hopefully, i can get it done ASAP.

Los Angeles DO is very slow.

Thats a great news from you. Bright light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Many thanks for posting your timeline.

Good Luck!

L.A downtown federal building. Big lines everywhere ( parking, security, waiting room..) so be ready to get there early so you are not late for your appointment.
Once I was in the waiting room for the interview. About 40 of us waiting for our turn. Lots of IOs but they were running late. About 1h30 to 2H late so bring a book with you :). Interview was straight forward and the IO was very chatty. Copied my DL and GC and we went over my N400 then reading/writing test and the civics. Recommended me for approval and told me to wait between 30 and 90 days for oath letter. L.A has an oath ceremony once or twice a month, usually around the 20th.

L.A downtown federal building. Big lines everywhere ( parking, security, waiting room..) so be ready to get there early so you are not late for your appointment.
Once I was in the waiting room for the interview. About 40 of us waiting for our turn. Lots of IOs but they were running late. About 1h30 to 2H late so bring a book with you :). Interview was straight forward and the IO was very chatty. Copied my DL and GC and we went over my N400 then reading/writing test and the civics. Recommended me for approval and told me to wait between 30 and 90 days for oath letter. L.A has an oath ceremony once or twice a month, usually around the 20th.

Thanks for sharing.

My 90 day wait time ends on March 7th. I have already booked an infopass appt on March 8th if I dont get an interview update by then.

Worried a bit but I am happy that they are scheduling for the period in my priority date though. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,

I am starting a new thread for all applicants from DO Los angeles for November 2012 applicants.

I couldnot find a specified thread for Los Angeles DO.

Please find my timeline below. Appreciate if you can enter your timeline.

Many Thanks.

01/16/13: Yellow letter received dated 01/12/13. Request additional docs during interview -DL (Day 57)
XX/XX/13: Interview scheduled

How did your walk-in FP go? I am planning to do it walk-in too but I know LA is crazy busy always/everywhere. Did they try to reject walk-in request?

How did your walk-in FP go? I am planning to do it walk-in too but I know LA is crazy busy always/everywhere. Did they try to reject walk-in request?

My DO is Chatsworth office according to my zipcode. It was easy though. They just asked for the FP notice, greencard. I had to wait for only 10 minutes. They did not reject walk-in request.

Hope this helps.

update as of today. 7 days after my interview.

status updated on the uscis website:

Oath Ceremony

On February 27, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

My updated timeline

Finally interview was scheduled. Got a change in online status.

03/01/13: Interview scheduled (online update)(Day 101)

Same is mine
03/01/13: Interview scheduled (online update)
so please let me know the interview date as soon as you recived. I think it will be begining of April
Good Luck

Hi MarkMM,

Are we allowed to bring cellphone into the building during the interview?

Good luck in you oath ceremony.

My interview date is April 10.
Anybody knowes the oath ceremony dates in May?
Thanks and good luck

Hi Greg_loans,

So far after the online update on March 1, 2013, I havenot received the interview letter. I am little worried. When did you recieve it in the mail. I assume we got the same online update on March 1st.

Many Thanks,