N400 Interview Descheduled

aamirsd

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

I was suppose to have an Citizenship interview on Apr 22nd (after 5 years of GC). But I got a letter last week that because of "unforeseen circumtances" it was descheduled.

I am puzzled. What to do , Shall I go ahead and walk in for interview or wait for the new notice from them ?

aamirsd - I had my original interview date on March 23rd (this was 3 days before my 5 year GC date). I got a deschedule and reschedule notice (on the same day) with the new interview date - April 21st. This could be why they descheduled yours. If your original interview date was actually AFTER your 5 year GC date, then the deschedule could be due to other reasons (conflicts on that date for USCIS etc etc). I'm sure you'll get your new appointment letter soon - but, I would recommend calling them and checking to make sure they haven't already mailed out the reschedule notice. Hope this helps.

Thanks

I tried calling (800) 375 5283

It gives me an option # 2 to check the status but I do not see an option to talk to a customer representative. Does any one know what option shall I press.

Thanks in advance

Hello Gurus,

I was suppose to have an Citizenship interview on Apr 22nd (after 5 years of GC). But I got a letter last week that because of "unforeseen circumtances" it was descheduled.

I am puzzled. What to do , Shall I go ahead and walk in for interview or wait for the new notice from them ?

which district office?

It is in San Diego office

I called USCIS and ther asked me to get a INFOPASS appointment.

Any one has experience with INFOPASS ?

Infopass

I had an infopass meeting with an immigration officer.

I was told my file hasn't arrived yet. He said wait and watch.

Any one has experience how long usually it takes to arrive ?

Anything I should be doing while I am waiting for next intervoew letter to arrive ?

Thanks in advance.

My timeline with descheduled letter:
First Interview letter: 10/31/2008 with interview date 12/03/2008
Descheduled letter: 11/17/2008
Second Interview letter: 12/15/2008 with interview date 01/13/2009

Last edited by a moderator:
My timeline with descheduled letter:
First Interview letter: 10/31/2008 with interview date 12/03/2008
Descheduled letter: 11/17/2008
Second Interview letter: 12/15/2008 with interview date 01/21/2009

Did you passed your interview and received congrats N-652 or decision cannot made?

Did you passed your interview and received congrats N-652 or decision cannot made?

Yes, I passed. I am an American Citizen since February, 18 :D. I found this forum when got my discheduled letter and tried to figure out what that meant. Now my fiend is in the process. I registered here to help her :).

I was told my file hasn't arrived yet. He said wait and watch.

Anything I should be doing while I am waiting for next intervoew letter to arrive ?

Thanks in advance.

What is your DO and your timeline?

Yes, I passed. I am an American Citizen since February, 13 :D. I found this forum when got my discheduled letter and tried to figure out what that meant. Now my fiend is in the process. I registered here to help her :).

:) Nice, Congratulations! Could you please provide your timeline?

Timeline

08/30/2008: Notice Date
09/08/2008: FP Notice
09/23/2008: FP Appointment & Done
10/31/2008: First Interview letter with 12/03/2008 Interview Date scheduled
11/15/2008: Document Check List letter
11/17/2008: Interview Descheduled letter - "unforeseen circumtances"
12/15/2008: Second Interview Letter
01/13/2009: Interview Date & passed - old test
01/24/2009: Oath Letter
02/18/2009: Oath Date