N-652 after Interview - No decision

futureuscitizen

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I actually didnt notify USCIS about an address change and I moved out of the country to Europe for a year. So I kind of forwarded all my mailing address to a relative. So I went to the interview and everything went well, until it reached the part where the officer asked me where is your permanet address. I used to stay in an apartment and I put that as the main address because on the N-400 application, it is asking for "where do you live now". Then I moved out from that apartment. But I wasnt thinking about permanent residence. I used to stay with my relative and that was my first address, means permanent address.

So at the end the officer gave me a N-652 and on that it says they cannot make a decision. It will take 60-120 days for the review/notification for oath ceremony if evrerything is alright. But it has been more 120 days that and I havent recieved anything from USCIS.

What should I do in this situation. I am still in europe and I cannot do the infopass thing, because I guess I have to personally appear at the center.

Is there any workaround or if anyone had similar problem?, please let me know

Thank you,
Futureuscitizen

since it has been 120 days,and u cant come down.Best thing to do is hire a lawyer or designate a family member to represent you in the case.i dont think the latter is possible but u can always give it a try..
did u apply for n470?

I am doing an internship at an international organization and is funded by a US government agency(not a private company/contractor). I dont know how much difference it can make.

I have to make a trip to US soon inorder to preserve my naturalizaion. Can I apply for N-470 after I left US?

will it be helpful if I call the 1800 number?
I dont have any case nubmer or anything. I only have the N-652 form from the officer. will they give me a status based on my alien registration number?

are u talking interms of 652 or in terms of getting concessions coz u r working for a govt funded company(there are people cops/soldiers/doctors who got into some s@@t with uscis).... hire a lawyer..
eventhough 1800 number is useless,keep al your options open u might be lucky...call them...

Part 6. Information About Your Residence and Employment.

Where have you lived during the last five years? Begin with where you live now and then list every place you lived for the last five years. If you need more space, use a separate sheet(s) of paper.

This was the only place that I made a mistake on my application. I used to stay in an apartment and I put that address as the latest address(answer to : "where you live now"). Then I put my permanent address as the next address and I also put that one as the mailing address.

So I moved to Europe. But my permanent address is still the same.

It was just the mistake that I made on the form. The officer took down my europe adress, where I am working and sutff. Then the officer assured me that I will get a reply in 60 days. But it has already passed 120 days.

Lets say 1800 number wont help, what about calling the place where I had the interview.?

thank you all for the reply,
futureuscitizen

dude first of all,

while you were filling out the n400 application ,were u living in the same apartment?

how are you going to get the phone number to your D.O>>i dont think they encourage calls from public,only infopass...
ywhat you can do is write a letter to your io>>>remember the n652 should have her/his seal(name)
mail a letter to her..

Yes I was living in that apartment when I filed the N-400 application.

I wrote a letter to the person who interviewed me with the reason and for sure that could have solve everything.

But no reply yet for that or anything else

thanks
futureuscitizen

futureuscitizen said:
I have to make a trip to US soon inorder to preserve my naturalizaion. Can I apply for N-470 after I left US?

Yes, you can apply N-470 after leaving the country but before one year.

I recieved an email today and it was states as

Type of service requested:
-- Case Status - Outside Processing Time

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

any comments about this ?
how long its gonna take for a background check. Already its been 4 months after the interview.

isnt that they do background check before the interview?

they just need to verify my address/residency status becaue I am working in europe.

But I dont know how much time that is going to take

does anyone has the similar situation?

futureuscitizen

Hello,

I had my interview today.. In the end the immigration officer told me congratulations! and gave me N-652
it say:
You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government.
Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.
Please take this letter to Oath Ceremony.

So did i pass?.. I m worried!!!

You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government.
Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval.

So did i pass?.. I m worried!!!

You passed the civics test and your application has been recommended for approval. Your application just needs to be reviewed by a supervisor after which time you'll receive your oath letter.