N-400 status for NYC

choyty:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Are they doing oath in Garden City? Usually they do it in Brooklyn Court House. I wonder if this is a special Oath ceremony because it is scheduled in Garden City. I know they have a huge facility to administer Oaths.
Anyway Congratulations and good luck to your oath ceremony. :)
Its Over :)

Choty

Congratulation

do you remember what questions she asked you and what sentences she asked you to write. I am wondering if my mom and dad will be able to answer those

Congrats dude. You hung in there and now you made it. I can almost visualize your interviewer speaking hehe should have looked like a Chinese restaurant with her constantly yelling across from her desk!

Anyway enjoyy

zeeman said:
Choty

Congratulation

do you remember what questions she asked you and what sentences she asked you to write. I am wondering if my mom and dad will be able to answer those

The sentences are very very simple. For example, " Weather is nice today". Just ask your parents to pay attention when she/he ask the question and they will be fine. :)

My question on my interview was the following:
I want to be an american citizen.
that was it, she asked me to write it on my interview notice of action.
hope that helps.

Parents just got their interview letters today! They are doing their interview on July 21, 2005. I hope they get a chance to get their oath done by September 15, 2005 my 18th birthday. :(

Finally I am done with my Naturalization process. I took the oath today at GC,NY. I was told to report at 11:00 A.M. We took sit around 10:30, and the ceremony began around 11:10, and was over by 12:00. Got out of the office by 12:05. Everything was very organized, and ceremony was brief. There was another oath at 9:00 A.M. Those who missed 9:00 A.M appoinment were given the chance to take oath with us. I am not sure if they had scheduled anything for afternoon. I am glad that it's over. Applied for my Passport with expedited fee ( didn't pay overnight svcs charges ). Again, I thank everyone in this forum for making my journey towards Naturalization smooth and easy by giving valuable advise, opinion, and suggestion. I can bet, without you gurus this road would have been lot tougher. May God Bless you and America.

Thanks

Choty

Here is my time line:

PD-------------------------------------6/18/03
FP-------------------------------------8/8/03
2nd FP---------------------------------11/30/04
Intv. Letter received--------------------1/21/05
Intv.-----------------------------------3/22/05
Oath was in Garden City-----------------3/31/05
Applied for PP with expedited fee---------3/31/05

Waiting Room in Garden City

I'm going to take my parent to the interview in the Garden City office. Will I be allowed to wait for my parent in the waiting room, or I will have to wait outside?

Oath Ceremony - Please Reply

Please reply

Had my citizenship interview 4 days ago at garden city. Everything went fine - interviewer told me that he will recommend my application for approval and that I will get the oath letter in a few weeks.

He then gave me letter with following things marked:

you passed the test of english and US history & government

a decision cannot yet be made about your application.

you will be notified by mail

What does the second mark (a decision cannot .........) mean? (unfortunately I did not ask the interviewer about this)

Please, Please reply

More questions

Also if and when I get the oath ceremony letter:

what documents I have to take to the oath ceremony?

what questions are asked on the oath letter or at the time of oath ceremony?

Please respond

KDS95AB said:
Please reply

interviewer told me that he will recommend my application for approval and that I will get the oath letter in a few weeks.

Did he say it orally, or it is on paper? Do you remember if you had to sign a paper and make sure you name and birth date is correct?

KDS95AB said:

What does the second mark (a decision cannot .........) mean? (unfortunately I did not ask the interviewer about this)

On my letter, Congratulations.... was checked. Even so, the officer didn't say anything regarding approval. All I know is most other people leave the office with their oath letters.

Oath Ceremony - Please Reply

The officer told me orally that he will recommend for approval. (it was not in writing)

He did ask me to sign 2 papers.

One paper was stating that I waive the right of my lawyer to be present at the interview. ( I had sent the citizenship applicatio through a lawyer but he was not present during the interview). Why was I asked to sign this letter - at the interview time I thought it must be routine, but I just want to know if that is so.

I was not able to see what the other letter that I signed was about? ( I forgot to see in the heat of the moment and when I realized, the officer had put some papers on it, so I did not ask). Can you tell me what the other paper was about?

Thank You

KDS95AB said:
Please reply

Had my citizenship interview 4 days ago at garden city. Everything went fine - interviewer told me that he will recommend my application for approval and that I will get the oath letter in a few weeks.

Please, Please reply

i hope it was the mistake of the 2nd mark. normally it means your name check is pending or some other pending issues need to be resolved before they can approve ur case. if it is the name check issue, it could be a long wait from 1 day to few years.. who knows. :(

you might want to check with the interview officer right the way on next monday and ask for the question.

i will make a note to myself that i will ask them any questions if i need to sign any paper, or make a note to myself of what i signed, and i will review the paper they would be giving to me right at the spot and ask question to them, during my interview. (mine is coming in July)

Passport processing time

As you can see, just finished with the whole process of citizenship! Actual interview was 15 minutes but the wait in Garden City from start to finish was 10am to 4pm. Now I want to get a passport. Anyone with recent experience regarding processing time? Regular vs. expedidated. Not in a rush but do not want to be away from the new certificate for too long :)
Thanks!

NYC Timeline
PD 04/04
FP 06/04
Interview Date 07/19/05
Oath date 7/25/05

Hi Max,
Congrats. If you are not in hurry, then don't pay extra $60 dollar. You probably will get your new passport in 2/3 weeks. I got mine in 10 days having paid expedited fee. Don't worry too much about your certificate. You are done with your citizenship process, and you can get duplicate of your certificate ( I believe so ) even if you loose it. But make sure to have the number written in a safe place incase if you ever have to apply for a duplicate one. Good luck.

Choyty

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how NYC N400 is progressing. Recently I submitted my application and here is my timeline:

NYC Timeline
PD: 7/2005
FD: 8/2005
Interview: ???
Oath: ???