N-400 status for NYC

choyty said:
Its possible that in storage where they keep files. there must be big, with longhairy legs, black, red eyed spider (nest?) ( why i wrote nest?) WEB on one or two racks. and no one wants to touch that rack. is ur file in that rack????? lol

when it comes to uscis timings, one could only try to think the best reason , like i did.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaky,
I think I made one of the biggest mistake by applying from NYC. I should have moved to San Antonio like you. How is your case going there? Let us know the good news.

choyty,
Avoid Schumer. Senators are too buzy in populous states.

Try the flwg:

1 Visit your local congressman & explain the situation
2 Write a certified letter to your district office supervisor asking for a status update on interview.
3 Visit the DO a few times, call the DO and speak with people. I found a helping hand in my DO by doing this. Of course people are more thick skinned in NYC but you gota try! Is InfoPass avail in your district ?

Don't lose hope. Your namecheck is over, you are just waiting for a good date. Once your interview passes you will become a USC in no time. Hang in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rahul. Because of this forum & you guys I am still hanging in, and still seeing hopes. I have already visited 2 times my DO ( May & July ), and would like to go to them this week again. How often had you visited your local DO
Rahul ( just for curiosity )? I will also write to the Supervisor of the local DO. Since I have plenty of free time in the moring I will also start bugging my local congressman " Edolphus Towns & Major Owens ). Does any one have any prior exp ( good/bad ) dealing with those two Congressman? Once againg thanks everybody in this forum for giving me all the support when I was about to give up. I love this forum & I love you guys.

Thanks
Choty

Choyty,
Before being 'name-check aware' I visited the DO every 2-3 weeks. After that I knew where the problem was. Its ok to visit the DO often , just make sure you are ultra polite and don't piss anyone off. Remind them gently about your interview and explain your urgency to them . As if it's ok to call them once every while, and then call them (or one person). It will be of GREAT help if you could find one person there that's willing to help you. One inside person can move your case. In NY things will move slow - Congressman or not. So you have to be rescilient.

Yes this forum was a BIGG help to me when I was down in the dumps too. It's easy to lose hope but remember to incorporate the F word in your daily life - FAITH!! :D

Family here have a PD of June 04, 2004. None of them recieved a FP notice yet which should be normal for NYC. Anxiously waiting for my parents to get their citizenship since I am only 16.

ASieunar. said:
Family here have a PD of June 04, 2004. None of them recieved a FP notice yet which should be normal for NYC. Anxiously waiting for my parents to get their citizenship since I am only 16.

Usually it takes about 2/3 months to get the FP done. Have you received NOA ( Notice Of Action, receipt # )? You can try calling 800 #.

Choty

Yeah, they got the NOA about two weeks after sending in the application. Will ask my dad to call tomorrow but expecting the reply to be "it is very normal to wait so long."

Today I went to Congressman Major Owens' office. Immigration coordinator called to USCIS. Since she was using speaker phone I could hear their conversation. The USCIS officer told her that the file was placed on computer queue ( since 8/03 ) to be sent to NY DO since 8/03. She then asked him isn't it to long to wait in the queue? USCIS officer then replied to her that I will make a note of it, and inform this to the appropriate group. My question is does this really mean anything? Actually, I asked that same question to the lady as well. She said to me that when they get a call from Congressman's office, they will do something about it, they can't just lie
about it. I didn't go any furhter with her since she was very cooperative, and thought that might piss her off. She told me to see her in 3/4 weeks if I don't hear from USCIS. I will let you guys know if anything really happens during this period.

Anybody got intv/oath date from NYC. Please share your exp.

Thanks
Choyty

Cool we got the FP notice yesterday for an appointment on Sept. 25. NYC is definitely slow, not too encouraging for things to come.

choyty said:
Anybody got intv/oath letter recently from NYC? Please share your exp.

Thanks
Choyty

this is what i found on some free advice forum.

question:
What is the name of your state? NY

Some friends of mine were married in March of this year in New York City and immediately applied for a green card . He is a U.S. citizen. She is an Uruguayan national who overstayed her tourist VISA. They have already received a date for an interview. I had heard that the usual waiting period ranges from 2-3 years. Is this a red flag? Thank you.

Answer:
Not at all. New York district office has recently instituted a pilot program whereby petitions are scheduled for interview very quickly after submission of the petition so this is not an indication of any red flags but just the new pilot program at work.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this matter.
Admitted to practice in CA, AZ, IN and OH

Hey Shaky - thanks for the info!

I wonder if this pilot program will stay...

When Phillydude posted in the DCF thread that spouse greencards were being processed in less than 6 months in VSC, I thought it was too good to be true...

It's possible that it's quick only because of this pilot ptogram...I need the immigration god on my side - hope the pilot program stays permanently and also gets instituted for N-400 cases as well!

Ratrat

Rahul,
I had received my 2nd FP notice last week, and I will take the FP next week. Does anyone else have any update from NYC?

Choyty

I received a notice for interview in first week of march in garden city. I live in Queens.

PD: Feb, 2004
FP: June, 2004
Int: Mar, 2005
Oath: ???

Does anyone know how long does it take for Oath notice after interview? I am leaving NYC in May. Wondering what should I do.

yahoo_2005 said:
I received a notice for interview in first week of march in garden city. I live in Queens.

PD: Feb, 2004
FP: June, 2004
Int: Mar, 2005
Oath: ???

Does anyone know how long does it take for Oath notice after interview? I am leaving NYC in May. Wondering what should I do.

It depends, you may get oath letter on the same day or you may have to wait anywhere from 2 month to over one year. I wish you good luck. Share your experience when you are done with the interview/oath.