N-400 San Francisco timeline

Congratulations BritBrat. Do keep us posted as I'm following a week behind you (with my Interview 2 weeks before my naturalization eligibility date).
Also, was your app marriage based? (I'm trying to gauge the number of docs I need to lug with me to USCIS)

Thanks GungaDin & Lucky. I'll be checking in over the next few weeks to see how your interview and ceremony respectively went. :)

My app was 5-yr LPR based (not marriage or military based). I decided I wanted to cover all my bases regarding documents, so that if the IO asked for for some obscure document I would have it with me.... more of a confidence thing and being prepared than anything else. I'd read on this forum (another thread) that people have been asked for previous visa docs, tax docs, certificates of birth and marriage, copy of N400 app, additional passport-sized photos, even a pencil to sign the back of the photos.

In the interview, she did not ask for any of these additional docs, but I was glad I had them with me just in case... did not want to have to go away, find the docs, and go back for another appt. She had me write on the front of the photo with a pen (not on the back with a pencil). The file she had for me on her desk was at least 4 inches tall and I'm guessing that was mostly my LPR paperwork from 5 years ago which had contained a lot of evidence).

GungaDin, at the end of your interview, expect the IO to tell you that they won't mail your IL until 2-4 weeks AFTER your eligibility date. Also, looks like the civics questions and literacy sentences are pre-determined and are case-specific.... they are printed on a page with your A# or case#. (I had wondered if they just randomly ask you from a book... this was not the case). Good luck next week... let us know how the interview goes.

Cheers, Brit

Brit, congratulations, the wait begins for the OL...hope u get it soon.

Cheers!

Thanks Lucky. Let us know how the ceremony goes. Loved your comment about what your placard would say :D Hadn't thought of doing that, but it's a great concept. Wondering if the OL process got held up because of the holidays and because of the special additional ceremony in January.... seems like a lot of people were waiting longer than expected for their OL in Dec/Jan.

RE: long wait for OL....

I think the limited ceremonies in December and the holidays definitely had an effect... My guess is waits will get shorter again between ID and OL... we'll see.

Congrats to all with OD's and good luck to new applicants. :)

Finally I am a Proud USC

Hi All,

I had my Oath Ceremony Yesterday in San Francisco. Only 1246 new citizens took Oath from 103 countries . Everything went smooth and I am finally a proud and happy USC. Thanks all for your support through this site and good luck to all waiting. I will be checking once in while to see if I can help with any thing.

Thanks again!!!

Congratulations Hanhan.....

It's good to hear that you are done. 13 more days till I am finished and I can finally drink my champagne. :)

Ol

So, yesterday I got my OL. Good luck to everyone.

Interview - 12/04
Officer called for OD - 12/28
OL postmarked - 01/06
OL received - 01/07
OD - 01/21

Update on N-400 timeline

01/04/10: N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
01/05/10: N-400 received in Phoenix
01/09/10: Cash checked

Just relax....

Mine was received 1/4/10, but the check hasn't been cashed yet ... I'm becoming a nervous wreck.

It took 8 days for my check to be cashed... Don't worry yet. (I was worried too but thanks to this forum I realized that sometimes it takes a while for them to cash the checks.)

N-400 timeline...

SF DO
5 Year Resident, Oath eligible 4/8/2010
-----------------------------

01/08/2010: Mailed N-400 via FedEx

Please I need help to fill the employment history part of the n-400 form. I have worked in six places within 3 years and many for short period of time. My problem is that I can not remember the exact dates I started and the dates I stopped two of the jobs. One the companies has closed down. Is it wise to assume certain dates and use them to fill the form? Please I need your advice soonest!

UPDATE: N-400 timeline...

SF DO
5 Year Resident, Oath eligible 4/8/2010
-----------------------------

01/08/2010: Mailed N-400 via FedEx
01/11/2010: N-400 Delivered in Phoenix, AZ at 10:15AM signed by T EDLEMAN

Interview Experience

I had my interview today afternoon. IO called my name right on time. 15 minutes and I was out.

First the Officer told me that He will be the Examiner for me as He walked me into his office. Then He asked me for my PP, GC and DL. He quickly went through my application and made some notes on it. I guess they were some check points. Then He asked me to read a sentence and also write one. After that the Civics questions started. I got 6/6. Then He asked me to sign at a few places and also asked me to verify if my name, Tel # and address was correct which I did.
Then He told me that I am all set and my Oath letter will arrive in about 2 to 3 weeks. I asked him when was the next Oath date for which He said there is one in Jan end which may be full. But Feb has 2 Oath dates and I may be in one of them. Then He walked me to the exit door and said Bye. Overall it was a Good experience.

Good to Luck to everyone waiting there for the interview. Just take it easy and the interview is the coolest thing in your Immigration journey.

Expedited passport

I think we are allowed to bring cellphone and camera to the oath ceremony.

Guys who are taking oath in next two ceremonies -where are you applying for your passports?

It's a long story how my business travel got screwed up big time due to delay in Oath date but any how, I need expedited passport. Some people seem to have gotten expedited passport in 3 days and some in two weeks. Does it matter where (which county/agency) one applies to?

Do they take passport application at the ceremony i.e for e.g. in Masonic Adt?