N-400 San Francisco timeline

Can some one please let me know if you have same experience, I was interviewed on Nov 9th just before one week of my five year completion, I passed the test and officer was really nice that she gave me test result but so far, I didn't receive my oath letter and I called USCIS several time but same answer to wait for 90 days.

DO : San Francisco
08/21/09 : N-400 - Phoenix
08/21/09 : PD
09/17/09 : FP Notice Received
10/06/09 : IL letter received
11/09/09 : Passed intervied and case send for approval

Waiting for Oath letter:

I think you should get the infopass and go and see them, because if you read others, people who had interviewed after you(11/24) have started getting their Oath Letters, so there is obviously something wrong with your case, you should hurry as I had posted earlier the oath dates in Jan is the 7th and 28th. It doesn't matter if you interviewed before your 5 year completion, because your oath date is of the significance.
I am positive your Oath date should have been the Dec. 17th...you missed it, I am surprised you haven't called them and bugged the heck out of them..LOL!! but please WAKE UP!! and go and get it solved.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone Know which is quicker Getting a PIO card or Just going and getting a Indian Visa???

As per Indian Consulate SFO website, PIO card takes 15 days; and

Question: What is the process to get a visa same day?
Answer: Same day visa applications must be submitted in person to the Outsourcing Office between 9:00am and 11:00am. Pickup for same day applications is usually between 5:30pm and 6:00 pm. Note that we do not guarantee the visa will be issued same day. Non-US citizens and US citizens who require a reference have a processing time of 4-6 working days. Applications received after 11:00am will have the visa issued the following working day for non-reference cases. Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

Coolguy, out of curiosity why PIO and not the OCI?? looks like more benefits in getting the OCI...thats what I think...but please look at the comparisons and make your decision, time frame is the same...1 month.

Called USCIS again

I think you should get the infopass and go and see them, because if you read others, people who had interviewed after you(11/24) have started getting their Oath Letters, so there is obviously something wrong with your case, you should hurry as I had posted earlier the oath dates in Jan is the 7th and 28th. It doesn't matter if you interviewed before your 5 year completion, because your oath date is of the significance.
I am positive your Oath date should have been the Dec. 17th...you missed it, I am surprised you haven't called them and bugged the heck out of them..LOL!! but please WAKE UP!! and go and get it solved.

Good Luck!

First of all, thank you so much for prompt reply and I called USCIS around 20 time in last one week and first level guys told me to wait until 90 days so finally after my couple of requests, they transfered me and the officer was really nice, so after asking couple of question, she said that my letter was mailed out Tuesday and my oath is scheduled to Jan 7th.

Thanks Again!!!!!!

dev72. Thanks for sharing your experience. So do you think it is a good idea to have the interview ONLY after completing 5 Years of residency ?

Otherwise does it have an impact on getting the Oath letter in time ?

dev72. Thanks for sharing your experience. So do you think it is a good idea to have the interview ONLY after completing 5 Years of residency ?

Otherwise does it have an impact on getting the Oath letter in time ?

I had seen in other thread that interview before 5 year will definitely slow this process.

Thanks
-Dev

Please check this case for iquest2000 in San Jose

Now, I am assuming that interview before 5 year will definitely have different queue

Any more evidence of this in addition to the link you posted? It would be really useful to start collecting data for us and future applicants. This forum has already been really useful to me to see peers timelines and to get a feeling of when I should be concerned if I don't hear back from USCIS.

Had previously found these posts 2 months ago when first looking at this forum, relating to DC (not SF):

N-400 D.O -: Fairfax, VA (DC)
09/30/2004 : GC Date
09/25/2009 : ID (Passed, No Decision)
10/17/2009 : OL (Notice Date 10/13/2009)
10/27/2009 : OD

09/27/2004 : GC Date
09/25/2009 : Interview Date/ Passed
09/25/2009 : Oath Letter issued
09/28/2009 : Oath Date/ Certificate / Citizen

After a concerned visit to SF via InfoPass today, I now at least have my IL, but my interview is 1 week before 5-year anniversary, which may mean another long wait after my interview for the OL. Do you think it's just a matter of the IO remembering to hit "approved" in their computer system a week later, or do you think it goes a completely different route vs those that apply after their 5-year date?

I applied a few days into the allowed 3 months prior to 5-year date. In the past, this seemed like a great idea, but now I wonder since they've obviously greatly improved their processing times such that applying so early means possible interview before 5-year date... a problem they likely didn't have until recently. Thoughts?

Cheers, BB

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more evidence of this in addition to the link you posted? It would be really useful to start collecting data for us and future applicants. This forum has already been really useful to me to see peers timelines and to get a feeling of when I should be concerned if I don't hear back from USCIS.

Had previously found these posts 2 months ago when first looking at this forum, relating to DC (not SF):

After a concerned visit to SF via InfoPass today, I now at least have my IL, but my interview is 1 week before 5-year anniversary, which may mean another long wait after my interview for the OL. Do you think it's just a matter of the IO remembering to hit "approved" in their computer system a week later, or do you think it goes a completely different route vs those that apply after their 5-year date?

I applied a few days into the allowed 3 months prior to 5-year date. In the past, this seemed like a great idea, but now I wonder since they've obviously greatly improved their processing times such that applying so early means possible interview before 5-year date... a problem they likely didn't have until recently. Thoughts?

Cheers, BB

I had seen one more case and I am trying to find his info, as I remember he was interviewed on Oct 29 and his five year completed on Nov 15 and last week he got his letter, please post your info that guy see this post.

Thanks

Cheers, BB

Brat. the example you posted is from VA so its totally different ballgame, some places they do the interview and oath on the same day, but in CA they follow different rules, I spoke to my IO he said it depends on the Regional Director, here in CA it takes them atleast 2 weeks to send you the Oath Letter, my interview was done a week before my 5 yrs...that was on the 7th of this month, I haven't received my oath letter yet, only because thats how they work here....I was reading some one else's posting whose interview was done on the 3rd, so once he gets I know mine will be in the mail soon.
Nothing to do with 5yrs or not... mind u this is my understanding.

My Case Status.

I wanted to check with others, my interview was done on Dec 7th. and when I go to USCIS website to check my status, it still shows Testing & Interview, is that normal, anyone had the interview on or around the 7th? can they check what does their status show on the website.

Just want to make sure its normal, because my IO was back on his job after 6 months(some surgery) and was having hard time with the passwords and computer system so was concerned..

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Brat. the example you posted is from VA so its totally different ballgame, some places they do the interview and oath on the same day, but in CA they follow different rules, I spoke to my IO he said it depends on the Regional Director, here in CA it takes them atleast 2 weeks to send you the Oath Letter, my interview was done a week before my 5 yrs...that was on the 7th of this month, I haven't received my oath letter yet, only because thats how they work here....I was reading some one else's posting whose interview was done on the 3rd, so once he gets I know mine will be in the mail soon.
Nothing to do with 5yrs or not... mind u this is my understanding.

Yeah, I see your point. Examples from CA or particularly SF would be great. Guess I'll be an example of one kind or another in January. Glad you got some info from the IO.... seems like discussion with them before/after the interview would be a good source of info. Hope you get your letter soon. Have a great weekend. BB

Dont worry no body will have an update after an interview.

I wanted to check with others, my interview was done on Dec 7th. and when I go to USCIS website to check my status, it still shows Testing & Interview, is that normal, anyone had the interview on or around the 7th? can they check what does their status show on the website.

Just want to make sure its normal, because my IO was back on his job after 6 months(some surgery) and was having hard time with the passwords and computer system so was concerned..

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi There,

Updates on the USCIS website will stop at the Interview and Testing step. You are absolutely ok.

Hi There,

Updates on the USCIS website will stop at the Interview and Testing step. You are absolutely ok.

Hi, you had your interview on the 3rd? you haven't received your O/L yet? its just been 2 weeks, so I am assuming you should have it tomorrow and hopefully you get the Jan 7th oath date....

If you get then hopefully mine will be in sometime next week...(fingers crossed).

Yeah, I see your point. Examples from CA or particularly SF would be great. Guess I'll be an example of one kind or another in January. Glad you got some info from the IO.... seems like discussion with them before/after the interview would be a good source of info. Hope you get your letter soon. Have a great weekend. BB

I think we'll have plenty of examples for the SF DO by the end of January... I'm scheduled for an interview on Jan 14th, 16 days before my naturalization eligibility date. However as the next Oath dates is Jan 28th (14 days after my interview) the IO may already have taken this into account. i.e. even if I were approved on the same day, it would be highly unlikely that I would receive the Oath letter 'in good time' to make the Jan 28th Oath -and I am eligible for an Oath anytime after Jan 29th. (At least I hope that's the way my interview was scheduled :D )

Congratulations Hanhan....

I have been a few days behind you on each stage so I hope I will get my oath letter soon... I hope I have a January 7th Oath too.... :) You are almost done, my friend... time to put the champagne on ice :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Mohu!!

I have been a few days behind you on each stage so I hope I will get my oath letter soon... I hope I have a January 7th Oath too.... :) You are almost done, my friend... time to put the champagne on ice :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mohu,

I know you are few days behind me in line so I hope you will get the January 7th Oath! Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Again,

Congrats!

Hi There,

Congratulations!!! if you read post # 1754 I had predicted that you will get the letter to-day, awesome so hopefully mine will be here by Wed..

Good Job

its us now

Mohu, we are next as my ID was 12/07/09 so I am hoping to get our letters by Wed...

Fingers Crossed