N-400 San Francisco timeline

Recieved Oath Letter

I got my Oath Letter today.. The wait is over. March 11th.

Place: Fremont, CA
Mail Date: 07/12/2007
Recv: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice arrived: 07/23/2007
FP Notice received :08/09/07
FP Date: 8/31/07(Oakland)
In'view: 01/29/2008
Oath Letter recieved - 02/14/2008
Oath Date - 03/11/2008

Good Luck everyone.

Walk-In FP APPT In Oakland

hello everyone,
I have FP scheduled in Oakland on 2/26. since this is a working day I was thinking of going on Saturday the 23rd (3 days before my scheduled FP appt).
does any one have any experience or idea about walk-in FP in Oakland ?
are they open on Saturdays ?
will they accepet me or they would stick to the schedule date ?
any help is appreciated it.
thanks

hello everyone,
I have FP scheduled in Oakland on 2/26. since this is a working day I was thinking of going on Saturday the 23rd (3 days before my scheduled FP appt).
does any one have any experience or idea about walk-in FP in Oakland ?
are they open on Saturdays ?
will they accepet me or they would stick to the schedule date ?
any help is appreciated it.
thanks

I suggest you go on scheduled date and tell your employer you have todeal with USCIS. Is it really difficult. Most employers should accomodate that and you can make up the work later. I took a day off on FP, interview, oath days as i had some vacation left.

Update : Oath date set for March 11th '08

Dear All,

My hubby's interview was on 2/1/08. In the end the interviewing officer gave "You will be informed about the decision later" sheet - reason being : the company name changed just after our 485 had been applied for.
He was not asked to send or submit any other documents.

Well.. when we checked the mail after the long weekend - President's day(we'd gone out for the weekend) our Oath Letters were there !
whew.. these were 2 anxious weeks of waiting !!

Thanks to all those posts which gave us fingerprint-interview experiences, and advise / suggestions.
Goodluck to all those hanging in there.

N-400 timeline - DO - Oakland

07/18/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/19/2007 : Priority Date
07/24/2007 : Check cashed
08/17/2007 : Receipt & FP Appt notices (Received in mail)
09/08/2007 : FP done.
12/14/2007 : IL received (self)
12/19/2007 : IL received (spouse)
01/31/2008 : Interview done (self)
02/01/2008 : Interview done (spouse)
02/16/2008 : recd. Oath Letter for both
03/11/2008 : Date of Oath taking ceremony

has any one has similar experience interview descheduled at SFO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone has the similar experience?
Asked for interview postponement and got the letter as:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 2:45 PM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice."

PLS LET ME KNOW.
Thank you.

Oath Ceremony Experience

Hey guys,
I had a few questions about the Oath ceremony.

My Oath is scheduled for March 11th.

My boss and a co-worker wants to join me at the oath ceremony. Obviously my wife and kids want to join as well.

My questions
1. Is there any limit of number of people who can accompany me at the Oath ceremony? I do not want to say No to my boss. he is so nice and I am so proud he will join me.

2. Do I have to prove any relationship of people who accompany me? Check ids etc?

3. How long does the entire process take? I have to report at 9 AM.

Thanks a lot

Hey guys,
I had a few questions about the Oath ceremony.

My Oath is scheduled for March 11th.

1. Is there any limit of number of people who can accompany me at the Oath ceremony? I do not want to say No to my boss. he is so nice and I am so proud he will join me.

2. Do I have to prove any relationship of people who accompany me? Check ids etc?

3. How long does the entire process take? I have to report at 9 AM.

Thanks a lot

This applies to SF Masonic Center Oath.
Is there a limit No. I went alone. I saw families comes with several kids, and I think relatives maybe 10 or 15 people. They ask the visitors to sit in the balcony and only oath registrants sit in the lower podium.

No need to prove relationships to Visitors.

Entire process takes 9 to 11 or so. But be prepared to reach by 8 am if driving by car. Parking lots tend to be packed and if you reach late, you will get a back seat in auditorium. They seat from beginning from front.

Fingerprint walkins in Oakland question

Hi ,
I got a fingerprint schedule on 03/5 in Oakland, but i have to go to india on 02/29. Do they allow walkins? any recent experieence? advice or tips that would be a great help? Please respond

Regards,
Ramp

They do allow walk ins and yoou may have to produce proofs of your India trip. Though ideally keeping up with appointments is better, I know they allow walkins in such special cases. Try going sooner than later, so even if they give a new appointment like come on 28, you still have time. Take your tickets with you in addition to other documents requested

Reporting directly from my oath ceremony-SF Masonic

I'm sitting in the first row section four at the SF Masonic
parking was only $20 and they let us in the auditorium at exactly 8AM
Its 8:25 and the hall is starting to fill up, my green card and oath letter
were taken at the door. I was just given my little flag :)
Will report more after.... Stay tuned!

I'm sitting in the first row section four at the SF Masonic
parking was only $20 and they let us in the auditorium at exactly 8AM
Its 8:25 and the hall is starting to fill up, my green card and oath letter
were taken at the door. I was just given my little flag :)
Will report more after.... Stay tuned!

Congrats to all that was at the Masonic with me today! The entire ceremony
was over by 10:30AM. Got there early; good thing since there was 1,477 people receiving their cirtificates! All I can say is if you dont have to get your passport this day dont..it was a huge mob just to give your passport envelope to the reps. was also able to register to vote..ala all in one shopping! Its been a long day with alot of celebrating so im going to say thanks for all the great information from all of you on this site; which prepared me for this entire process and made it painless!

Thanks!

SFORAFF
06/25/07 N-400 mailed
07/11/07 Received per online case status
07/06/07 Priority Date
07/16/07 Check Cashed
07/24/07 I-797C Notice Date
07/25/07 FP Notice received
08/14/07 FP Date/Completed
11/22/07 Interview Notice received
01/10/08 Interview Date/Completed
01/31/08 Oath Notice
02/26/08 Oath SF Masonic Completed!
Took 241 days total....

My citizenship journey

I have come to this board often over the last many years as I worked through my green card and more recently when I applied for my citizenship.

I have provided the dates of my citizenship application.

06/30/2007 (Mailed Date)
07/03/2007 (Receipt Date)
07/05/2007 (Priority Date)
07/13/2007 (Check cashed)
00/00/0000 (Notice Date)
07/26/2007 (FP Notice Date) (Recd 07/03/2007)
08/14/2007 (FP Appointment)
12/01/2007 (Interview Notice Date)
01/09/2008 (Interview Date)
01/20/2008 (Oath Notice Date)
02/12/2008 (Oath Ceremony)

Just a few words on my interview:
My interview was in San Francisco at 9:00 AM. I took my notice, drivers licence and my green card for my interview. I also had my Indian passport but it was not required and was not asked for during the interview. They do not allow you to take cell phones that have cameras into the building. The immigration officer who interviewed me was of Indian origin. He was very polite. I took an oath to say the truth as soon as I entered. He first confirmed that all my data in the application was correct. He updated my application for the two times I had left the country for Canada. He then asked me to sign my name in full i.e. write my full name on the photograph that he had from my application. He then asked to answer 10 questions from the list of civics question in the booklet. He got a print out, read the questions, I answered them all correctly. He gave me an envelope with the line that I passed the interview checked. He congratulated my and I was done. The entire process took about 20 minutes.

For the oath ceremony:
It was an impressive ceremony. The one thing to be careful if you are planning on driving into the city was that the parking next to where the oath was being they charged a flat rate of $50 and this was after you were in line for half an hour to get into the parking lot. I would recommend parking some distance away and just cab it or walk to the place. The ceremony was well organized and the one regret that I have is that I did not apply for my passport right there. I am yet to apply for it.

So in conclusion the long journey of coming to America and becoming a part of the fabric of this nation seems now complete. It was worth the wait and I feel good :)

For all those who are waiting to be a citizen good luck.

Since my case is outside of the processing time as of today, I've just called USCIS Customer Service and spoke to a representative. She submitted Service Request, gave me a confirmation number and asked to wait for 45 days to hear the results of this request. She indicated that I may receive a response from the processing center irrespective of this Service Request, so whichever comes sooner.

My timeline in the post right above.
I received a letter response from SF USCIS office on the status of my case. It's a three pages long fact sheet with manually highlighted reasons that presumably mean that they apply to me.

The summary is that one of the background checks is delaying my case - "FBI name check" (not the same as "FBI fingerprint check"). It lists the stats of % of cases delayed for how long, and my case falls into just 1% of all N400 cases. It also tells me I can inquire again on this case only 8 months from now.

Better than hearing nothing for the past 8 months I suppose.

---
N-400 mailed - 05/07/2007
N-400 received/PD - 05/09/2007
Check cashed - 05/24/2007
FP Notice received - 06/01/2007
FP Date - 06/16/2007
Service Request response on the delay - 02/28/2008

In the same boat

My dates are very close to yours and I guess I fall under that 1% too :-(

PD: 5/31/07
FP: 6/28/07
Citizenship: India
Lived only in CA after becoming LPR.

Would you mind sharing some of your info? If you prefer, you can PM me.

I received a letter response from SF USCIS office on the status of my case. It's a three pages long fact sheet with manually highlighted reasons that presumably mean that they apply to me.

The summary is that one of the background checks is delaying my case - "FBI name check" (not the same as "FBI fingerprint check"). It lists the stats of % of cases delayed for how long, and my case falls into just 1% of all N400 cases. It also tells me I can inquire again on this case only 8 months from now.

Better than hearing nothing for the past 8 months I suppose.

---
N-400 mailed - 05/07/2007
N-400 received/PD - 05/09/2007
Check cashed - 05/24/2007
FP Notice received - 06/01/2007
FP Date - 06/16/2007
Service Request response on the delay - 02/28/2008

any SF august filers with IL yet?

anxiously waiting for mine, so was wandering if anyone with August PD or later has received IL yet.

thanks!

The one thing to be careful if you are planning on driving into the city was that the parking next to where the oath was being they charged a flat rate of $50 and this was after you were in line for half an hour to get into the parking lot. I would recommend parking some distance away and just cab it or walk to the place.

parking at masonic center is $20 flat rate on the OATH date, i believe you parked at the next parking building which i remember told me charged $42.

anxiously waiting for mine, so was wandering if anyone with August PD or later has received IL yet.

thanks!

Hi,

I called USCIS couple of weeks back, they informed me that my FBI & Namecheck was cleared in January and they tried to schedule an Interview at SF around January end, but since there was no openings at that time, they have put my application in the queue for Interview.

I have no idea how long it might take, I was hoping I will get the IL in Feb, but its already March now.

CSC/San Francisco DO
-------------------------------------
PD: 10/25/07
FP: 1/2/08
FP & NameCheck: Cleared sometime in Jan
IL: ???
ID: ???

Last edited by a moderator: