N-400 San Francisco timeline

FP & Namecheck experience

Hi,

I thought I will pass this on incase any of you are interested;

Contact info;

FP status: (304)625-5590
(you need your A #. They will not give you the status on Namecheck)

Namecheck status;
You can call USCIS to see if ur Namecheck is cleared or still pending

1-800-375-5283
and press 1, 2, 2 ,6, 2, 4 to talk to a live person

Also, from what I heard from my attorney is that, now ( after July'07 madness) the service center is not sending the N-400 application to DO for interview until FP & Name check is cleared. And your N-400 status will not be available online via ur application number.
Has anyone here experienced the same or is this another BS from my attorney

===================
CSC/San Fransicso DO

PD :10/25/07
FP: 1/2/2008
FP & NameCheck: Cleared sometime in Jan'08 according to USCIS ( called USCIS)
Online status: Case not found (as of 3/1/08 and since day#1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bayern,

Thanks for your reply.

See my sig. We had FP around the same time (while my PD is much earlier, which itself is probably meaningless). My online case still says "case received and pending..."

Any ideas how long the queue is for the IL to arrive ?

If your case retrieval failed that usually means IL will be in the mail very soon!
Good luck.

t.

Hi Bayern,

Thanks for your reply.

See my sig. We had FP around the same time (while my PD is much earlier, which itself is probably meaningless). My online case still says "case received and pending..."

Any ideas how long the queue is for the IL to arrive ?

If your case retrieval failed that usually means IL will be in the mail very soon!
Good luck.

t.

Call USCIS to see if your namecheck is cleared. Once the namecheck is cleared then it should be soon .I read it somewhere in this board thats its couple of months for SF DO.

Our PD( I am considering received of 10/25/07 on ur status) & FP date are almost same, so I guess we are on the same boat

I was surprised my FP & Namecheck was cleared within 2 weeks, I think maybe its because I had done my FP & FBI Namecheck about an year ago for my Removal of conditional PR application, since this was done less than 15 months, maybe they did'nt have to do my Namecheck again, anyways these are all just speculation

Hi Bayern

Thanks for your advice.
I just called the USCIS number you have listed and when I get to 6 in the sequence
1-2-2-6-1-4
the voice asks me for my case number. After I enter the number, I no longer have the choice to proceed (I punched in 1 but the voice kept talking and when I punched in 4 it said the option is not valid)

What did i miss? :confused:

Hi Bayern

Thanks for your advice.
I just called the USCIS number you have listed and when I get to 6 in the sequence
1-2-2-6-1-4
the voice asks me for my case number. After I enter the number, I no longer have the choice to proceed (I punched in 1 but the voice kept talking and when I punched in 4 it said the option is not valid)

What did i miss? :confused:

Sorry, The correct sequence is 1,2,2,6,2,4

Thanks Bayern.
So I just called and was indeed connected to a live person. But he only recited the information I can see myself when I log in to their website. I asked him about the namecheck he said this is the only information they have (we received your application on...), nothing about a namecheck. I don't even think he knows about a namecheck. Ugh!

Thanks Bayern.
So I just called and was indeed connected to a live person. But he only recited the information I can see myself when I log in to their website. I asked him about the namecheck he said this is the only information they have (we received your application on...), nothing about a namecheck. I don't even think he knows about a namecheck. Ugh!

When I called, the USCIS rep could'nt pull up my file with my application # ( that was the main reason I called USCIS), so he transferred me to an immigration officer who pulled my file using my A# and she was able to give me the Namecheck and other status.

Alternatively you can try the infopass route at your DO, they should be able to tell you one way or the other.

Good luck

Tja,

wenn die das man alles in Ordnung hätten, dann würden wir auch zeitig Post bekommen.
Müssen wohl keine Preussen sein :)

(Guys, don't complain, that's a German joke)

All done!

I had the oath ceremony last week in San Francisco and applied for a passport at that time. Today, just 8 days later, the passport has arrived in the mail. I used the expedite option; glad I didn't pay for overnight mail.

So finally, I'm done. Best wishes to all.

Applied for Naturalization in Aug 2007 for self and wife.
Service Center: California (Fremont, CA)
Priority Date: 08/31/07
FP done: 01/04/08 Oakland CA both of us
Interview Letter Received: 03-06-08 both of us
Interview date: 04/24/08 San Francisco both of us

Hello,

Congratulations on getting the letter. I have a very close timeline so I am very happy for you.

Did your online status disappear recently?

Thanks.

Based on the posts from others it takes 5-8 weeks for Oath ceremony after Interview (provided there are no other hiccups at interview)

Also received my interview letter.

-------------------
CSC (San Francisco DO)

N-400 mailed - 10/1/2007
Priority Date - 10/03/2007
FP Done - 12/19/2007

Interview Notice - 3/3/2008
Interview Date - 4/30/2008
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

I got mine earlier this week. See below

CSC/San Francisco DO
-------------------------------------
PD: 10/25/07
FP: 1/2/08
FP & NameCheck: Cleared sometime in Jan
IL: 3/17/08
ID: 5/7/08

For both me and spouse -- Interview on May 16th 2008
Received interview letter 3/17/2008
FP done 1/15/08 -- for both
RD 12/10/07
ND 12/10/07
mailed application 11/30/07

Does anyone know if the selective service letter is needed -- I was on H1B all the time during the age of 23 - 28 after which I got the green card -- so ideally I dont need it -- should I get the letter of status from SSS just in case anyway ?

oath prediction at SF

Another interview letter received. See sig.

Looking ahead: what is typically ID to Oath timeframe ?

If everything goes well during the interview, you would most likely attend the oath on 6/10/08. (or on 5/20/08, if you are extremely lucky)

My calculation is purely based on the recent timeframe of others in this forum, which is typically 2 weeks after the ID to receive the oath letter and oath is scheduled around 3 weeks after we receive this letter.

Here is the link to the Oath ceremony schedule;

http://www.masonicauditorium.com/calendar/index.html