N-400 San Francisco timeline

Folks, still patiently waiting for my IL, from what I've seen on this thread, looks like folks who got their FP done in Oakland end of July got their IL end of Sep, if that pace continues, I should get mine by next week. Not sure if it's a delay in just my case (and I should prep to join nikolair's list :( ) or even others who got their FP done in Aug still waiting for IL?

- I think looking at Fingerprinting(FP) date might not be right to determine when one will get Interview Letter(IL). IMHO you should be looking at Priority Date(PD). So going by that I would say people with PD of mid June have got IL's and other are waiting.
- Also consider that it has been mentioned on other threads that IL are issued may be twice a month and not everyday, so expect at least couple of weeks to get IL's if someone with PD of a day before you got their IL and you didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
7/5/2007 - Sent application by Fedex
7/6/2007 - Received by USCIS
7/11/2007 - Check cashed
??? - Priority Date
7/24/2007 - Notice Date
7/27/2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
7/30/2007 - Received FP Notice for Aug 11th 2007 by me
8/11/2007 - Finger Printing at Oakland
:(?? - Received Interview Letter
:(?? - Interview at SF Sansome
:(?? - Oath Letter Received
:(?? - Oath Ceremony

Also waiting, my FP date close to yours. We should hopefully get IL by end of this month.

I got my FP done on August 8th in Oakland. I am also waiting for IL. GC obtained through marriage. Has anyone that did FP in August received IL?

Waiting for N-400 IL - 180 days since FP!!!

Hi

I have just joined the forum. I am in a similar situation (application stuck after fingerprinting done). Details are as follows:

N400 mailed (Fremont): 02/17/2007
N-400 PD : 02/22/2007
Fingerprinting (Oakland) : 03/30/07
Interview Letter : :confused:

Interestingly, I had sent mine and my wife's application together in the mail. Her timeline is as follows:

Interview (San Francisco) : 05/16/07
Oath : 06/19/07

I took an InfoPass appointment about a month ago to inquire. They told me that my application is still waiting for the Name Check to complete. This month's published processing times for San Francisco say that N-400 processing time is 7 months. So on 09/23/07 my application should have been past the processing time. However, when I called the NSC this week(Oct 4th) they told me that for my zip code (Fremont) they are still processing cases from 02/17/2007 so technically my application is NOT beyond the processing time and I have to wait till its 30 days past the processing time.

I would appreciate if anyone has been in a similar situation and can recommend what are the options? I am from India and have a common name...I entered USA the first time on an H-1 on the East Coast but have been on West coast for last 8 years.

Thanks a ton!

My application seems to be stuck after having fingerprinting done, i.e. I have not received interview letter (or any other communication) and 81 days have passed by now. I looked at dates other members have recently posted and the average between FP Done and IL Received is 29 days based on these stats:

Member | FP Done | IL Received | Days Between
Karkeech | 06/19/2007 | 06/28/2007 | 9
svj | 07/13/2007 | 08/23/2007 | 41
SFofficer | 06/27/2007 | 07/12/2007 | 15
pradciti | 06/30/2007 | 08/23/2007 | 54
HTAM | 05/12/2007 | 06/01/2007 | 20
gb111 | 06/22/2007 | 07/28/2007 | 36

The unlucky ones, including myself, are:

be_cb | 01/25/2007 | 07/23/2007 | 179
zegon | 03/27/2007 | not yet | 162
nikolair | 06/16/2007 | not yet | 81

Anyone else in the same situation? Any theories on why such extremes in the time it takes to process after FP. I know from my GC processing that my case has nothing special (in terms of places/countries lived, etc).

No updates

No Updates from me at least :(

7/5/2007 - Sent application by Fedex
7/6/2007 - Received by USCIS
7/11/2007 - Check cashed
??? - Priority Date
7/24/2007 - Notice Date
7/27/2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
7/30/2007 - Received FP Notice for Aug 11th 2007 by me
8/11/2007 - Finger Printing at Oakland
?? - Received Interview Letter
?? - Interview at SF Sansome
?? - Oath Letter Received
?? - Oath Ceremony

All done

I did the oath today with 1603 people. (the largest group this year so far) Everyone stood up as their country was called. I was the only one from my country. People clapped a lot for everything. They showed some videos, made some speeches, then we sang the national anthem, took the oath, and then pledged allegiance. They gave us a citizen's almanac and a book with the Constitution, a little flag, a voter reg. card, and then a letter from the president. Then we swore an oath for the passports. Then we were handed our certificate (they bring it to you at your seat).... Then the voter registration melee and the passport melee..... then the exodus down california street.

my advice: get there at 8:55. if you want to go early to be safe, go early, but you'll just be sitting in the front and leaving last.

Good luck to everyone!

Interview Notice received : Although my case does not seem to come up online(!!)

Send Date : 6/1/07
Received date : 6/7/07
Priority Date: 6/7/07
Notice date : 6/22/07
FP : 7/25/07
Interview Notice Date : 9/17/07
Interview Date : 11/1/07

So it is almost 2 weeks since the interview notice date update has anyone got their IL after this date. please post...

BTW is it possible to reschedule the oath date. If so how?:(

Hi,

I receive my interview letter today....

PD - 6/19
FD - 7/12
IL - 11/13

Thank you....

Great! You mentioned you had an infopass in Aug 6 in SF, do you think that helped?

Also you had mentioned in previous posts your FD was 7/26 and you received notice on 7/11. Since here you mention 7/12, did you do your FD immediately after receiving the letter (next day on 7/12 ?)

Thanks

Great! You mentioned you had an infopass in Aug 6 in SF, do you think that helped?

Also you had mentioned in previous posts your FD was 7/26 and you received notice on 7/11. Since here you mention 7/12, did you do your FD immediately after receiving the letter (next day on 7/12 ?)

Thanks

Hi,

What IO told me on Aug 6 was that my name check was cleared so he sent the message to the center that I'm ready for interview. But I think everything still goes with Priority Date because on Sept 6, I had another info pass and the IO couldn't tell me the interview date. He only said that I was in the Q.

Yes, I didn't my finger print the next day after I received the notice. However, I don't think this helps expedite the process.

Thank you...

I stole some data from last 2-3 pages and it looks like this:

PD - Intvw Letter rcvd - Intvw Sch
-----------------------------
06/01 - 08/23 - 10/15
06/06 - 09/18 - 10/31
06/07 - 09/19 - 11/01
06/07 - 09/21 - 11/01
06/19 - 10/11 - 11/13

Conclusions (take it for what its worth as data set is too small):

- Intvw letter issuing cycle is now 3+ weeks. It was mentioned that it takes 2 weeks, but may be due to more applications coming in, this is delayed.

- Since my PD is 06/21 and desihai is 06/20 and none of us got IL yet that means it will be next cycle. So add 3+ weeks to 10/11 so I would say end of this month to early next month(Oct -Nov) and may be intvw scheduled end Nov.

- Dont track your dates by FP, always look at PD's. FP's are done out of turn and depends upon ASC and not DO.

- Infopass helps only when things are stuck and good indication of that is if others with PD same as yours are ahead in game by least a month (considering a day or 2 delay due to postal service)

Last edited by a moderator:
Successful interview today 10/15/07

Hi Everybody,
I had successful interview today at SF office. Went their around 8:30 am, kept cell phone in car. I parked on clay st (valet parking, cost me $12). Went to reception on 2nd floor. IO came out asking for me (5 mins before scheduled time. I'll highly recommend going their at least 15 mins before your scheduled time). He led me into his office. Very nice and polite IO. Took oath and he asked to to take a seat. Started talking about general subjects as he went through my application. Asked to sign on a paper. There were some samples on his table. I've sticky's on my passport with dates written on them (for dates outside US). He thanked me for doing his job easier. He said not many ppl do this. I'm glad I did it. Then he asked me 6 questions -
What is voting age, Capital of CA, which year constitution written, color of stripes and 49th state added? He asked to write "She needs to buy more cloths". Asked to sign on photos. Asked me to check personal information on the paper that he printed. We chatted little bit then gave me passort application. Told me that expect oath letter in 2-3 weeks. Asked me if Nov-Dec months are ok for oath? Gave me printed paper saying that I passed civic exam and application has been recommended for approval. That's it. No more questions, no documents asked.

All he asked is Passport, GC and DL. I've updated information on page 3 of N-400 regarding employer. So I gave him that paper, he returned old page.

I was out in 15 mins.

Hopefully this will help. Please let me know if anybody has any questions. I'll be happy to provide information (If I have )

Oath ceremony at Masonic centre, SFO on Nov 6th

Oath ceremony at Masonic centre, SFO on Nov 6th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My oath ceremony is scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 at Masonic. I was wondering if any of the members are also slated to attend it the same day. Plz contact me. I would appreciate it if you could please give me advise on how to get there. I live in fremont & I have been told that bart is one possibility since driving would be crazy.It says starts at 9 AM. Should we get there early? I'm so tired of the whole process. I started the process in mid May. Waiting to get done with it......

I stole some data from last 2-3 pages and it looks like this:

PD - Intvw Letter rcvd - Intvw Sch
-----------------------------
06/01 - 08/23 - 10/15
06/06 - 09/18 - 10/31
06/07 - 09/19 - 11/01
06/07 - 09/21 - 11/01
06/19 - 10/11 - 11/13

Conclusions (take it for what its worth as data set is too small):

- Intvw letter issuing cycle is now 3+ weeks. It was mentioned that it takes 2 weeks, but may be due to more applications coming in, this is delayed.

- Since my PD is 06/21 and desihai is 06/20 and none of us got IL yet that means it will be next cycle. So add 3+ weeks to 10/11 so I would say end of this month to early next month(Oct -Nov) and may be intvw scheduled end Nov.

- Dont track your dates by FP, always look at PD's. FP's are done out of turn and depends upon ASC and not DO.

- Infopass helps only when things are stuck and good indication of that is if others with PD same as yours are ahead in game by least a month (considering a day or 2 delay due to postal service)

my pd is also 6/21 and i have not recived IL still...i have to travel end of dec and i am waiting to book my tickets based on the interview date.

asterix99 did you get your IL?

We have pretty same dates, please let me know if you receive your IL or hear anything from INS?

Hi

I have just joined the forum. I am in a similar situation (application stuck after fingerprinting done). Details are as follows:

N400 mailed (Fremont): 02/17/2007
Interview Letter : :confused:

Interestingly, I had sent mine and my wife's application together in the mail. Her timeline is as follows:

Interview (San Francisco) : 05/16/07
Oath : 06/19/07

I took an InfoPass appointment about a month ago to inquire. They told me that my application is still waiting for the Name Check to complete. This month's published processing times for San Francisco say that N-400 processing time is 7 months. So on 09/23/07 my application should have been past the processing time. However, when I called the NSC this week(Oct 4th) they told me that for my zip code (Fremont) they are still processing cases from 02/17/2007 so technically my application is NOT beyond the processing time and I have to wait till its 30 days past the processing time.

I would appreciate if anyone has been in a similar situation and can recommend what are the options? I am from India and have a common name...I entered USA the first time on an H-1 on the East Coast but have been on West coast for last 8 years.

Thanks a ton!