N-400 San Francisco timeline

Received Oath Letter

Update on my previous post:
Rcvd Oath Letter: June 29th, 2007
Oath: July 24th, 2007
Looking forward to this :)

Details about Oakland interview:
EB-2 based GC in May 2002, had changed jobs in Feb 2003. No questions asked about that.

Many business trips (of duration ~ 10 days each) outside US. Officer went through each and cross checked them to the return date stamped on passport.

Selective service: had letter ready but did not need it - she just looked at the grant of GC and confirmed that I was > 26 years old.

Officer was asked about any speeding tickets (none mentioned in application) - I said none in the last five years and that was satisfactory. Asked if I owned home (yes) and the usual questions about organizations (no) and asked if I were willing to bear arms to defend country as law requires (yes)

Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

FremontCA

Could you please share your timeline

with us?

H1 or Marriage?
GC?

N400 PD / FD etc

Thanks in advance!

Update on my previous post:
Rcvd Oath Letter: June 29th, 2007
Oath: July 24th, 2007
Looking forward to this :)

Details about Oakland interview:
EB-2 based GC in May 2002, had changed jobs in Feb 2003. No questions asked about that.

Many business trips (of duration ~ 10 days each) outside US. Officer went through each and cross checked them to the return date stamped on passport.

Selective service: had letter ready but did not need it - she just looked at the grant of GC and confirmed that I was > 26 years old.

Officer was asked about any speeding tickets (none mentioned in application) - I said none in the last five years and that was satisfactory. Asked if I owned home (yes) and the usual questions about organizations (no) and asked if I were willing to bear arms to defend country as law requires (yes)

Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

FremontCA

my timeline

It's posted above, but here it is again:

PD: March 12, 2007
FP: April 18, 2007
IV Letter: April 28, 2007
IV: June 14, 2007
Oath Letter: June 29, 2007
Oath scheduled: July 24, 2007

EB-2 based GC (May 2002). Applied just about 2 months short of 5 years.

Which timelines to follow ?

Mailing Address - Santa Clara, CA (Santa Clara county)
Home Address - Fremont, CA (Alameda county)
Should I track San Jose, San Francisco or Oakland timelines ???

Mailing Address - Santa Clara, CA (Santa Clara county)
Home Address - Fremont, CA (Alameda county)
Should I track San Jose, San Francisco or Oakland timelines ???

Once you receive FP notice, you will know...If its in Oakland then track the SF...My guess is its based on your residence and if so you are in a better shape cuz SF seems to be moving faster then the rest.

andromeda2007,
I guess we are in same timeline. You should be from SF/Oak too. I dont think CSC even looks where you posted the form. One of my friend who is a consultant posted the form from a different state (he lives in fremont) and had all done in Oakland.

Thanks for the update Maikal!

Maikal,

Please post when your check deposits. I submitted around the same time and it looks like at least 2weeks until check posts and receipt of first NOA (I'm in CSC, LA DO). Please keep us posted.

This is very odd but in a good way...

DO: SFO
Mail - 6/16
Receive by CSC - 6/18
Check cashed - 6/29
Receive finger print notice - 7/11 - haven't received receipt notice
FD - 7/26

Thank you...

Finished my interview today

I just had my interview at SFO office today. It went for 20 minutes total and very quick; recommended for approval. Went over the application and didn't ask for any additional letter for verification except passport and green card.

Asked for ten civic questions at the very end (everything comes from the book) and ask me to write: "Today is a good day".

The interviewer doesn't hand me the notice letter for oath as they have issue printing it out, but he said that it will be mailed out for the next two weeks (scheduled for Aug 7, 2007).

Advice: relax, keep calm, and be honest in answering the question.

all the best for all of you and thanks for share your experience.

I-797C, Notice of Action

Received I-797C, Notice of Action from USCIS today. Its called "Receipt with Exception". It says:

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail
"​

Not sure what I missed in the N-400 application. Now the wait begins for this separate notice. Anyone been in this situation where Receipt came with exception?

Last edited by a moderator:
Separate Notice

Ok I hit Submit too fast. Looks like lot of people get this exception. My question is do you get this "separate notice" ever or its just you will find at time of interview what was missing in application?

Received I-797C, Notice of Action from USCIS today. Its called "Receipt with Exception". It says:

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail
"​

Not sure what I missed in the N-400 application. Now the wait begins for this separate notice. Anyone been in this situation where Receipt came with exception?

Everyone (almost) gets this.

Hi! Cool name!

I think (from what I have seen in this forum) everyone gets this form with further need for evidence.

Please see this link:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

I think it covers everything you MAY need to bring. I think you may need these:

old/new passport
driver's license
SSN card
PR card
interview letter

those items above for sure

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Thank you Jedi Knight. Very helpful link sent, you have. May the force be with you :)
In short the summary is:
- Lot of people get this exception. No big deal.
- You may or may not get any follow-up notice. Dont panic.
- Just start collecting all the information for interview as per URL.

Yes, not sure what it is. I got this exception letter notice today and my wife's a one without exception. I am thinking it may be traffic related document.

Please above post with link

hi!

Get this form, many people do. Worry do not. Above post, you must read. Help, I hope this does.

Best,
-Jedi.Knight

I finally got my Oath letter in the mail today~~!!!
What a long painful journey....But it's gonna be over soon!
Thanks a lot for this helpful Forum.
Good luck to all of you!
Patience pays off!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY N-400

N-400 mailed to CSC: 10.30.06
N-400 received at CSC: 11.01.06(priority)
$400 Check cashed: 11.08.06
N-400 NOA issued: 11.09.06
N-400 NOA received: 11.15.06
NOA FP issued: 11.13.06
NOA FP received:11.16.06
FP appointment: 11.18.06 ( taken electronically in 20 min.)
Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS: 11.19.06 (Called FBI to check)
Case status disappears: N/A
Interview ND: 5.01.07
Interview Letter received: 5.03.07
Interview: 6.06.07 ( 2:35 pm at SFO) , also got form N-14
N-14 mailed to SFO: 6.12.07
Oath Letter received: 7.12.07
Oath: 8.07.07 ( 9:00 am)