N-400 San Francisco timeline

Here are the results of my N-400.

Region: San Francisco, CA
Mailed: March 10th, 2005
PD: March 22nd, 2005
FP: Sometime in April 2005 (ok so I'm getting old and cannot remember everything. :) )
Interview notice: May 18th, 2005
Interview: July 26th, 2005.
Oath: Aug. 9th, 2005

Some useful notes:

1) Interview was done at the Oakland office as we applied in Alameda County.
2) We relocated to Orange County on July 7th and filed the AR-11 but US CIS left it to our discretion as to whether we wanted to transfer our case or not. We were still required to file the AR-11. US CIS did mention that we had to fly back and forth if we wanted to leave the case with SF CIS as we couldn't take the interview down in the Santa Ana office on behalf of SF CIS. We decided not to transfer to Santa Ana as they are about 2 months behind SF.
3) They give you the oath notice right there after the interview as the oath was scheduled just 2 weeks later. We are going to have to fly back for that too (somehow we can't join an oath ceremony in Santa Ana without mailing them back, getting new date, etc etc.).
4) Last of all but not least, be VERY HONEST with the officer. This interview in my opinion was nothing more than a rubber stamp interview where they want to get a "good feeling" about you and verify all your answers and if there are any new developments since you filed. I did mention parking tickets and I was a 245i case and she noted it down. She somehow knew I moved even though we filed our AR-11 only on the 7th of July.

Overall, I want to say, thanks to all the info I got from this board. I've been coming to this board since it started back in the late 90s. It's been a tremendous help.

Any questions, I will be monitoring this thread on and off and will try to answer. Of course, I'm not an attorney.

Aurelius

could you explain me where did you mention parking tickets and what about speed tickets? thanks

Shadowfox,

I brought the original tax returns we filed for 2004,2005,2006, and also brought the original tax retuen trascripts for 2004, 2005, 2006 that I asked from IRS before.

I brought our original marriage certificate, rental lease, family pictures, some greeting cards to us from my husband's family, bills & junk mails which shows the same address we are living together, and more....

But the thing is, that officer Nazeer didn't want to see them at all!
He just wanted me to submit those documents I had to them again even I had them with me at that moment!

Do you know What is Rental agreements? Does it mean "Rental Lease"?
What is Residence phone records? Does it mean "Home Phone Bills"? or "Cell Phone Bills"?

Thanks for help!

Dudo,

As far as I know, the Rental Agreement is the lease you and your husband signed with the landlord.

It's amazing that the evidence you brought with you was not enough to convince him, but then, you know that nothing will ever be enough since he wouldn't even look at the documents you brought. So I think you just caught the DO on a very bad day. I doubt it was even personal since he didn't even take the time to look at your documents properly.

There's really not much you can do right now except to comply with the DO's request, no matter how unfair it seems to be. Put all the papers together, organize them neatly, and send them out as soon as you can.

I would suggest you create a new thread in the forum detailing what happened to you. There's been some people who got N14's, and they will have a better idea of what to do.

Best of luck!

Interview timeline

Hi all,

I have got a call for Interview at the oakland office at around 9:00 am and I have to take a flight at 12:20 pm. I was wondering what the process is when you go for interview? If I get there before 8:00 will they take my interview earlier? or will I have to wait till my appointment time? Is there usually a line there with a lot of people and if so do they give you numbers like they do when you go for finger printing?

For finger printing I got there almost an hour earlier then my appointment and I was called immediately.

Please recommend.

Thanks,
Manita

Update

01 May 2007 - Sent application by Certified Mail
04 May 2007 - Received by USCIS
04 May 2007 - Priority Date
22 May 2007 - Notice Date
23 May 2007 - Notice Mailed by USCIS
25 May 2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
04 Jun 2007 - Mailed FP Notice by USCIS
06 Jun 2007 - Received FP Notice for 27 Jun 2007 by me
27 Jun 2007 - Finger Print at Oakland

I am scheduled for my FP in Oakland on 6/27. I was wondering if I can just go into on 6/9 (sat). Does anyone know how does Oakland do with early walkin. Any info wuld be helpful like what time should we go etc. Other than the Actual GC anythign else I shoudl take

Early FP

I have same dates as yours. Do you plan early FP

01 May 2007 - Sent application by Certified Mail
04 May 2007 - Received by USCIS
04 May 2007 - Priority Date
22 May 2007 - Notice Date
23 May 2007 - Notice Mailed by USCIS
25 May 2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
04 Jun 2007 - Mailed FP Notice by USCIS
06 Jun 2007 - Received FP Notice for 27 Jun 2007 by me
27 Jun 2007 - Finger Print at Oakland

Grattitude!!!

N-400 Tracking at San Francisco

N-400 Sent in: 01/31/2007 (by Priority Mail with tracking )
Received date: 02/02/2007
Priority Date: 02/02/2007
Checks encashed: 02/07/2007
Notice date: 02/09/2007
Notice received: 02/16/2007
FP Notice date: 02/12/2007
FP Notice recd: 02/16/2007
FP Appointment: 02/28/2007
FP Done: 02/28/2007
Status disappeared: 3/d/2007
Interview letter Generated: 3/7/2007
Iinterview Letter Received: 3/10/2007
Interview sceduled: 4/18/2007
Interview completed: 4/18/2007
Oath scheduled immediately on 22nd May 2007 and I requested for rescheduling...

( I would like to do these next steps after my quick business trip 05/15 to 05/24)

Oath Date: 06/05/2007
USA Passport applied: 06/07/2007 ( Expediated)
SS informed: 06/06/2007
Voter's registration: 06/05/2007
USA Passport received: ?

My sincere thanks for Mr. Rajeev Khanna and all the voluteers on this wonderful forum. During the last 6 years since I started using this forum I came across some fascinating voluteers on this forum who put in awesome efforts to help others. Volunteers put in hundreds of hours bringing professional looking reports in highly systematic formats and made life simpler for community using this forum. Many published extraordinarily comprehensive FAQs and sticky notes. May GOD bless all these pure souls. May god give others wisdom to remember these leaders when their time comes to deliver the goods. Rajeev Khanna Amar Rahe !!!

I hope one day i somehow repay debts to Mr. Rajeev Khanna and all these voluteers in my community.

I will visit the forum once in a while for it's everlasting support ad information to immigrant community.

Mailed: 5/16
Priority Date: 5/23
Check cashed: 5/31
Notice Date: 6/5
I-797 receipt: 6/8

It says missing evidence (notification to follow separately). I guess that's because of the speeding tickets I mentioned on the application, hope it doesn't affect the processing time adversely.

Thank you

Hi all,

I passed the interview and would like to thank Rajiv Khanna for this forum, the forum moderators and members for sharing their experiences, opinions and insights. I'm waiting for my oath. I'll post my interview experience.

Approx timeline
DO: San Francisco
N400 mailed: 2/2
FP notice date: 2/14
FP date: 3/9 (early walk-in) - bad prints
2nd FP done: 4/12
IV letter received: 4/19
IV passed: 5/31

Interview experience

Hi,

I had my interview at Oakland on 5/31. The whole thing was cool and pleasant. I arrived before time and dropped in the interview call letter as per the instructions in the office. Waited for an hour after my schedule time. The wait did not bother me. The officer was friendly. He asked me where I'm staying, where i was before, where i'm working now and before. He also asked me questions about prior marriages which I did not have any. He asked me the standard questions on the N-400 form such as 'Are you associated with any terrorist organization' or something to that effect. He asked if I have been out of the country for longer than 6 months. I said no. He checked some dates on N-400 and asked me if there were any foreign trips after I submitted the form. I told him yes and gave him the dates. He wrote them down on N-400. He also asked me if I owe any taxes. I told him No as I paid all my taxes due and more even though I filed an extension.

He then asked me 10 questions from the civil test. He had the questionnaire and read out the questions. As I answered, he checked them and got my signature. He congratulated me and got my signature on the form and photographs in cursive writing (which he let me practice on a white sheet of paper). He said I could wait and take the oath letter in hand. He said the oath will be in July. I asked if I could get an earlier date but did not push for it, when he said no. I waited and took the letter.

The whole process was smooth and quick.

thanks everyone!

I still didn't get my IL

u still didn't get your IL?? :( :eek: damn.. my oath is next Tue

yep.. My friends who has same timeline with me scheduled OATH to next Tue also. Only difference is between them (and you) and me is my H1B from MA, GC from TX and N400 here in SFO. I think this is main reason since I have very rare name and last name, which may save me from NC
but no guarantee .. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not alone...

yep.. My friends who has same timeline with me scheduled OATH to next Tue also. Only difference is between them (and you) and me is my H1B from MA, GC from TX and N400 here in SFO. I think this is main reason since I have very rare name and last name, which may save me from NC
but no guarantee .. :-(

I filed my K-1 at the NSC, I-485 in Oklahoma City, then moved to Dallas (TSC) then Philadelphia (VSC). It took 28 months to have the I-485 interview scheduled and 2 more years to actually get the GC. Now that I have applied for N-400 in Michigan, I also am waiting for my file to come to the NSC. It soon will be 90 days from the Priority Date and I am waiting for the IL...

FP notice

Mailed: 5/16
Priority Date: 5/23
Check cashed: 5/31
Notice Date: 6/5
I-797 receipt: 6/8 (Missing evidence, probably speeding tickets)
FP notice received: 6/14 (Scheduled: 6/28)