N-400 San Francisco timeline

OK. I have 2 updates. My daughter's oath. My interview date

1. My daughter had her interview on March 15th and requested officer to schedule the oath after June 15th. Yesterday I took Infopass and the SF DO officer said the Oath is scheduled for June 19th and even gave me a written oath letter. I am still waiting for the original oath letter by mail may be by Tuesday.

My case: Went into the name check loop even though my wife finished her oath on April 10th.

PD: Dec 26 2006
FP: Jan 17 2007
Infopass: March 1st week - Security check pending
Called 1 800# 5 days back and the answer was to call back after 2 months and a request will be opened if required. But got interview letter today.
IV: July 7th 2007.

Hope this info will help some of the friends waiting for the name check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I received today my Interview letter, scheduled on July 11, 2007 at Oakland DO. Now that waiting is over, nervousness begins.
Anyone else been to the Oakland office for interview ?? Are there any interviewers to watch out for (not that I have a choice), and what has been your general experience at Oakland DO ??
Anyone else joining me on July 11 for an interview on that day ?

Cheers,
Pistolfire99

My Dates

(ME) Mailed: 01 May 2007
(USCIS) Received: 04 May 2007
(USCIS) Priority Date: 04 May 2007
(USCIS) Notice Date: 22 May 2007
(USCIS) Notice Mailed: 23 May 2007
(ME) Receipt Notice I-797C Received: 25 May 2007

Waiting for FP notice :p

Question

It is almost 10 weeks after done my FP. Called 1 800# and get always namechek pending till last time. Yesterday IO told me I should receive my IL in a month or I need to send a letter to request my interview scheduled. What does it mean? Does it mean name check done and IL in que or anything else.
Please help me understand this mystery answer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IL Received for July !!th

All,

I just received my IL schedule for July 11th in San Francisco.

Fingerprints before appt date?

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this is redundant (tried to find in past posts) but, how can I get m fingerprints done before my June 20th appointment? I'm in a hurry, because I'm applying to some vocational training that requires citizenship.

Things that may slow me down: speeding ticket and driving without insurance, and i marked yes on Question 15, paid fine, all is good. (i later heard its better to bring it up at the interview instead of saying yes to 15). Also, my last name has two capital letters and always gets butchered, so I'm worried about FBI name check lagging...also: When I was 19 I owed on taxes, didn't pay the monthly payments, but rather let subsequent returns absorb my debt.... =( Does anyone know if the new fees will create a backlog? Are people trying to rush before the fees go up? Just in time for the 2008 elections, huh?

anyway, here is my time line thus far:

DO: SFO
N 400 Mailed to CSC: 05/11/2007
Check Cashed: 05/22/2007
PD: 05/14/2007
Notice Date: 05/30/2007
FP Notice Date: 05/31/2007
Notices (receipt and FP) both received: 06/02/2007
FP Appt Date: 06/20/2007
IL Notice Date: ?
IL Received Date: ?
Interview scheduled: ?
Oath:?

I sent mine on 05/01, My PD 05/04

and still waiting for FP notice??? :( :(

Anyone know why?

anyway, here is my time line thus far:

N 400 Mailed to CSC: 05/11/2007
Check Cashed: 05/22/2007
PD: 05/14/2007
Notice Date: 05/30/2007
FP Notice Date: 05/31/2007
Notices (receipt and FP) both received: 06/02/2007
FP Appt Date: 06/20/2007
IL Notice Date: ?
IL Received Date: ?
Interview scheduled: ?
Oath:?

Bad interview experience in SFO

I had my interview today. Bad experience...
I went to the office at 1:30pm (my appointment was 2:35pm)
After two hours waiting, I was finally called at about 3:35pm, there were no people in the waiting room, obviously I was the last person to be interviewed.

My interview officer's name is Nazeer.
He was impatient and unhappy during the whole time.
I could feel he was in a bad mood after all day's work in his office.

I brought a lot of evidences of my true marriage to US citizen with me to show him, but he didn't even want to see them!
I tried to explain some mistakes on N-400 I filled, but he would not listen to me, he felt annoying!
He did give me a rough time during the interview! He made me more and more nervous by his unhappy and impatient attitude.

He gave me the form N-652 which said:
"You passed the tests of English and US history and government.
"Please follow the instructions on Form N-14"
(B) A decision cannot be made about your application.

On Form N-14 which said:
Examination of your N-400 shows that additional information, documents or forms are needed before your application can be acted upon, Please Return This Letter With Requested Information and/or Documentation by 7.06.07

"Please submit proof of marital union. Examples of such proof include the following:

• Copies of health and car insurance
  • Copies of both spouses driver's licenses or IDs
  • Vehicle registration for all cars
  • Credit Card account statements for last three months
  • Rental agreements for the last month
  • Bank checking and saving statements for the last three months for all accounts, join or separate.
  • Residence phone records
  • Current Payroll statements for both spouses
  • Passports showing joint trips
  • Copies of all pages of all passports
  • W-2 forms for both spouses
  • Any other proof showing that you have lived together as husband and wife during the satutory period. Where appicable, financial records should reflect activity within the most recent six month period.
    ......etc.

This officer marked the whole things that he wanted me to submit to him.
But me and my husband doesn't have ALL of these documents.
My husband and I are not rich. My husband was just graduated from college, he's still looking for a full-time job now.
So We don't have a car and health insurance, joint credit cards account, and our banking accounts are separated.
I have my CA ID with me, but my husband lost his CA ID (he still has his FL ID)
Can I submit his FL ID and my CA ID to that officer?
What is Rental agreements? Does it mean "Rental Lease"?
What is Residence phone records? Does it mean "Phone Bills"?

Should I provide EVERYTHING the officer marked?
Where should I submit them? SF Do on 630 Sansome Street?
How should I submit them? By mail? Or in person?
After I submit those documents, How soon will I get an Oath letter?

Please help~~~I'm really confused and worried.
PS: The Red or Bold Text are the items that I am confused and don't have with me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Dudo,

So sorry to hear about your experience. I really don't have much to add because I haven't had my interview yet, but I think it's best to send everything that the DO is asking for.

Did you bring your income tax returns with you to the interview? What documents did you bring to prove your relationship with your husband?

I hope everything turns out okay for you in the end.

my case

PD: 07/25/2006
FP Appt Date: 08/13/2006
IL Notice Date: 4/26/2007
IL Received Date: 4/28/2007
Interview scheduled: 6/1/2007
Oath:7/10/2007