N400 Sent: 2/7
Notice: 2/15
FP Notice Received:2/23
FP Date:3/13
FP done on 2/28 - Walk-in

Interview Notice Received: 3/12
Interview Date: 4/25 - SFO

Oath: ??

Anybody else got notice for same 4/25 interview date? Anyone had Oath on same day or same week in SFO. Or do we have to wait for notice?

My dates....
DO::SFO/Oakland

Anybody else got notice for same 4/25 interview date? Anyone had Oath on same day or same week in SFO. Or do we have to wait for notice?

Check the Masonic Auditorium website (calendar section) and find out if there is an oath on the same day as your interview.

It's nice to see such a great timeline. Congrats dcu. Looks like they have processed your case with lightening speed. Best of luck with the rest.

My dates....

Oath Ceremony SF DO

Hello dcu.

My interview is the 17th of April in SF DO.
There is a Oath Ceremony at the Nob Hill Masonic Center on April 24th. You will have to wait for a oath letter. I have not read anywhere in these forums that the SF DO will hand you a oath letter under any circumstances.
Regards
Euripidi

My dates....

Help on my case

Hi, I am new to this board.
I and my wife sent N400 applications on 1/11/07, and we got FP done at Oakland ASC on 2/16. I got my interview notice on 2/26 and my interview date is 4/6. However, my wife doesn't receive interview notice yet.

She called California service center, and her status says application is received, that's it. Odd thing is I can't check my status online, no such case number.

Do you have any idea what's going on? Or How can we know what's the current status of her case? Appreciate in advance.

San Francisco:

Priority date: Aug 21st, 2006
Fingerprints: Sep 21st, 2006

Still have not received interview notice.

Any people out there with same or prior priority dates who haven't got interview notice yet?

My interview is complete. Can any one tell me what is verified before oath. Do they ask and check again how many days you were out of country?

Priority Dt. 12/26
Notice Dt. 1/3/07
FF: 2/2/07
IV: 3/15/07

Congrats.

My interview is complete. Can any one tell me what is verified before oath. Do they ask and check again how many days you were out of country?

Priority Dt. 12/26
Notice Dt. 1/3/07
FF: 2/2/07
IV: 3/15/07

Interview done.. Great. Did they indicate when the Oath will be? Do not worry, you are almost done, just 1 step away.

Hello dcu.
I have not read anywhere in these forums that the SF DO will hand you a oath letter under any circumstances.
Regards
Euripidi

They sometimes do handout oath invitation letters at the end of the interview. I received one.

I asked for 3/27 oath date but he said the next one is on 4/10. Then I asked for oath date after June 15th because I have to go to india for studies. He said make sure that 30 months in US if fulfilled and said June is ok. I like to know if they check again how many days out of country before oath.

Need help

Hi all,

After getting the FP notice, I did my finger prints early by going into the Oakland office. But I got another notice saying that the FBI needs me to take finger prints again as they were not readable. I'm currently abroad on business. I'm thinking of rescheduling the FP for a later date. Does this impact the interview notice?

How are the fingerprint check, name check and interview related? Do they happen in parallel? Is the interview notice dependent on either of fingerprint check / name check or both being successfull? When's the decision to grant citizenship taken? Does this happen the same day after the interview?

I'd appreciate your inputs. thanks.

Approx timeline
DO: San Francisco
N400 mailed: 2/2
FP notice date: 2/14
FP date: 3/9 (early walk-in)
2nd FP notice received: 3/16
2nd FP date: 3/28

Birth certificate

Hi,

I don't have a birth certificate. For green card application, I have submitted 1) an affidavit from my parents that stated that I'm their daughter born on a certain date at a certain place 2) a letter from a regional office at the place of my birth, which records births and deaths stating that my birth wasn't recorded.

These were required for green card, as an alternative to birth certificate. Will they suffice for the citizenship interview?

thanks!

do we even need the birth certificate for citizenship application?!!! this is a new req to me.
An applicant doesn't need his/her birth certificate when applying for naturalization.
The only birth certificate needed is the one belonging to applicant's american spouse, and only in case if N-400 is marriage based. Even then, a passport or certificate of naturazalization may be used instead.

Birth certificate

Thanks Dani for clarification. On this forum, an informal list of documents for the N-400 interview is posted (N400 docs for interview thread). This is not a 'necessary' list but it is composed of past experiences based on other people's interview experiences. Looks like the IO has asked for these kind of docs at one point or another. Birth cert is one of them. I guess I will not worry about it and take what I have.

thanks!!

How do we know which DO our application is assigned to? I live between SF and SJ (Woodside) which is in San Mateo county. Can I presume that my case will be handled by the SF DO?

Thanks Dani for clarification. On this forum, an informal list of documents for the N-400 interview is posted (N400 docs for interview thread). This is not a 'necessary' list but it is composed of past experiences based on other people's interview experiences. Looks like the IO has asked for these kind of docs at one point or another. Birth cert is one of them. I guess I will not worry about it and take what I have.

thanks!!

Well, some people are just paranoid. The only docs the IO will ask you for is your GC, passport, and state ID/Driver's license. May be taxes for the past 3 to 5 years.
Good luck @ the interview!

USCIS Online Status

Here I am, holding my US passport and Naturalization Certificate. For my own amusement, I logged into my account at USCIS and checked my N-400 status:

On xxxxx xx, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What a joke! I wanted to laugh, but again, I want to cry. They asked for fee increases to build out their flashy offices, get state of art computer systems. And here we are, money well spent. We worked hard for the money, made contribution to the society, yet the people who is supposed to serve us are not taking responsibilities. My wife's application is still in the black hole of FBI name check. IMO, it's not the machines or software that make the difference, it's the PEOPLE! With incompetent employees, what you get is just this, a dead computer system.