N-400 San Francisco timeline

sony55 said:
They are straight and professional, I called them today, the lady asked for my alien number and name and said : "your fingerprints had been received on December 23, 2005 and the results were returned to the USCIS within two minutes! "

I said thank you ma'am and have a nice day!

Sony

Thank you. I wish you all a Happy New Year. :)

Got the FP letter

I received my fingerprint letter today, just as expected, about 1.5 month from PD. :D
But I still haven't received the letter saying what I missed in my application submission (my 1st I-797C, the receipt, said that my application was accepted with exception of missing document).

Did anyone actually got any letter notifying what was missing?

Status Update (online status missing)

CSC/San Francisco DO - Oakland

N-400 Application Send : 11/03/2005
Application Received : 11/05/2005
Checks Cashed : 11/15/2005
Notice Date : 11/30/2005
Priority Date : 11/07/2005
Notice Letter Sent On : 12/01/2005
Notice Letter Rcvd On : 12/03/2005
Online Status Appeared : 12/02/2005
FP Notice Date : 12/14/2005
FP Notice Date Sent On : 12/15/2005
FP Notice Received On : 12/19/2005
FP Appointment Date : 12/28/2005
FP sent to and results returned by FBI: 12/28/2005
Online Status disappeared : 01/23/2006

I guess interview letter should arrive any day this week..
(at least based on prior experience by folks on this forum here)

My online status also dissappeared :cool:

App sent: 11/28/05
PD: 12/1/05
FP: 12/28/05
Online status modified/dissappeared: 1/22/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath Taken Today. Now USC!!

Update for the group,

My Oath was at Masonic Auditorium in SF this morning. 1252 new US citizens were sworn in. Got there at around 8:45. At the door, an officer took the apptmnt letter, verified that all questions were answered at the back, took the GC and sent people inside to specific sections of the auditorium. If family and friends accompany you, they have to sit in the balcony section. Only Oath takers sit in the main auditorium area.

From 9:00 to 10:00 a USCIS officer gave information on Natz. cert, how the ceremony would proceed, what to do once certificate was received, how to get any mistakes corrected on site etc. Also screened a couple of video's. This also allowed time for the USCIS to print the 1252 Natz. Certificates for all oath takers.

Ceremony started at 10:00 and was done by 10:30, Oath was administered by USCIS SF district director. After the ceremony finished, all of us remained seated in the auditorium and USCIS officers came to different sections and handed out certificates (We were seated in the order we arrived in 10 different sections, so the distribution was quite organized and efficient). Was out by 10:40 after making sure all the information on the cert was accurate.

Applied for US Passport this afternoon at local post office ($97 total), regular processing. Now waiting for Passport (~ 6 weeks)

Again thanks to all who post and provide guidance, timelines. I'll be around to help future applicants.

Update on my FP/status

Just to post an update:
I was fingerprinted at Oakland ASC. My appt was on 1/17 at 9 am. I arrived there at 8:50, not too many people were there, about 10-20 people were sitting around in the waiting room downstairs.

The usual: I got the queue number (546) and was asked to sit and had to fill out the paper with my info, but even before I finished, they called my number. This was about 8:55.

I was sent upstairs, and no one was waiting, well, except for 1 person who seems to be waiting for someone. Immediately the lady (the QA person I believe) called me to one of the fingerprinting stations and then another lady took my fingerprints.

The weather was dry and so were my fingers, so they had to spray water to my hands. Apparently these Identix systems take/detect humidity/moisture of your fingers, so it needs water in order for it to work.

The process took about 5 min total including some repeat fingerprints (mostly due to lack of moisture, some were auto rejects because some lines/patterns were broken) and the QA process on the final results. I was very pleased and I thought the service was excellent and efficient.

I left there at about 9:05, so all in all I spent about 15 min at Oakland ASC. The drive took longer than that!

I checked with FBI the next day (called 304-625-5590), gave the person my A# and she told me that the fingerprints was received from USCIS and sent back to USCIS within 5 minutes on 1/17.

On Sunday night I checked uscis.gov just out of curiosity, and again to my surprise the online status disappeared! Based on various postings here it should take longer than that. I am happy, but I hope everything goes well and hope to receive the interview letter very soon.

mobiliare said:
sfbayguy: congrats!!

mobiliare, sphinx2000 - any update on interview letter ???

nothing in the mail even today..

seems like the case status of us all disappeared around the
same time..(Oakland DO is handling my case and so seems to
be the case with mobiliare too..)

I guess, we should receive it by Saturday max..

kindly post your updates...

tdesai said:
mobiliare, sphinx2000 - any update on interview letter ???

nothing in the mail even today..

seems like the case status of us all disappeared around the
same time..(Oakland DO is handling my case and so seems to
be the case with mobiliare too..)

I guess, we should receive it by Saturday max..

kindly post your updates...

Hi tdesai - Yes. I did receive my interview letter on Friday 01/27.
I hope you do get yours by now. If not, perhaps a call to INS customer service wouldn't hurt...
My interview date is 03/30 8:45 in Oakland (Clay st). Anyone have the same time/place?

Take care!

mobiliare said:
Hi tdesai - Yes. I did receive my interview letter on Friday 01/27.
I hope you do get yours by now. If not, perhaps a call to INS customer service wouldn't hurt...
My interview date is 03/30 8:45 in Oakland (Clay st). Anyone have the same time/place?

Take care!

I have still not received my interview letter. My FP was done on 12/28/05.
and the online status disappeared on 01/23/06. I called the customer service 3-4 times thinking I would be able to get someone who knows something but they don't know anything..They just give the standard answer saying that in your zip code the processing date is July 2005 and so wait..It's stupid but that's what they tell..

I even posted a request if anyone knows as to whether or not taking a infopass appt would help but no one replied to my posting..not sure if no one knows about this or possibly didn't reply..

I have no idea as to what is taking so long based on the time taken by this DO in terms of processing the cases..since my FP was done before many others and most of them got their interview letters but not me..It sucks..

tdesai said:
I have still not received my interview letter. My FP was done on 12/28/05.
and the online status disappeared on 01/23/06. I called the customer service 3-4 times thinking I would be able to get someone who knows something but they don't know anything..They just give the standard answer saying that in your zip code the processing date is July 2005 and so wait..It's stupid but that's what they tell..

I even posted a request if anyone knows as to whether or not taking a infopass appt would help but no one replied to my posting..not sure if no one knows about this or possibly didn't reply..

I have no idea as to what is taking so long based on the time taken by this DO in terms of processing the cases..since my FP was done before many others and most of them got their interview letters but not me..It sucks..

Hi tdesai, you are not alone. I did my FP on 10/27/05 and still haven't received my interview notice. Even my online status is still there. I will schedule an infopass soon.

Don't worry. I am sure your notice will arrive soon.

Yes, it sucks....

razorback said:
Hi tdesai, you are not alone. I did my FP on 10/27/05 and still haven't received my interview notice. Even my online status is still there. I will schedule an infopass soon.

Don't worry. I am sure your notice will arrive soon.

Yes, it sucks....

did you schedule any infopass earlier on and if so what did they tell you ?

The other thing was my spouse is having her interview in the second week at Oakland and was wondering if I go along there, would it be possible to inquire about the same there - either by me or by her after her interview is completed.

Still no sight of the interview letter..Also, does the infopass appt. help - since I don't want to go all the way to be told that the processing dates for your zip code are JUly 2006 or that crap..which is being told to us by the customer service folks in the customer service inquiry.

Also, except for two of us, has anyone else noticed that their online status is missing for more than 3 weeks now and no sign of interview letter ??

Thanks,

congratulations

Congratulations sfbayguy...nice to hear that you are done with the journey :D

sfbayguy said:
Update for the group,

My Oath was at Masonic Auditorium in SF this morning. 1252 new US citizens were sworn in. Got there at around 8:45. At the door, an officer took the apptmnt letter, verified that all questions were answered at the back, took the GC and sent people inside to specific sections of the auditorium. If family and friends accompany you, they have to sit in the balcony section. Only Oath takers sit in the main auditorium area.

From 9:00 to 10:00 a USCIS officer gave information on Natz. cert, how the ceremony would proceed, what to do once certificate was received, how to get any mistakes corrected on site etc. Also screened a couple of video's. This also allowed time for the USCIS to print the 1252 Natz. Certificates for all oath takers.

Ceremony started at 10:00 and was done by 10:30, Oath was administered by USCIS SF disctict director. After the ceremony finished, all of us remained seated in the auditorium and USCIS officers came to different sections and handed out certificates (We were seated in the order we arrived in 10 different sections, so the distribution was quite organized and efficient). Was out by 10:40 after making sure all the information on the cert was accurate.

Applied for US Passport this afternoon at local post office ($97 total), regular processing. Now waiting for Passport (~ 6 weeks)

Again thanks to all who post and provide guidance, timelines. I'll be around to help future applicants.

Interview is done

My wife and me attended the interview today. Interview was successful. My interview was at 9:10 AM but reached the office around 8:50 AM. After 5 minutes they called us inside. The lady who did the interview is cheerful and courteous. Very quick interview. Interview is done in 10 minutes. First she gone through my N-400 application. Asked all the standard questions.

I mentioned about Traffic violation which I didn't mention in the application. I told that I have the additional documentation like traffic school certificate etc.. She said it is fine and didn't look into it.

She asked 3 questions to me.

1. National Anthem
2. How many stripes in the US flag
3. 13 Original colonies.

She also asked me write a simple sentence.

My wife interviewer asked her 10 questions. All the questions are from standard 100 civic questions.

We both got N-652 and as well as the US Passport application form. Oath might be on Feb 21st. Otherwise it will be on March 21st.

Thanks for everyone in the forum who guided me through the whole process. One more step before the USC.

:)

Interview Experience at Oakland, CA

Congratulations harper ferrys.

I had my interview today as well. The interview was successfull. The staff was very nice and courteous. The officer reviewed my N400 application, confirming the information. At the citation question, I asked her if I have to mention the speeding ticket. She said yes. I told her the number of traffic tickets and mention that I paid the fine . She noted the information in application. She didn't request for any proof or amendment to original application. After checking the information, she asked me four simple history / civic questions . The questions were from standard 100 questions. Then she asked me to write a simple sentence.

She asked me to sign the N400 application and photograph with cursive writing.

She mention everything looks good and gave me N-652 with Congratulations. I asked her if name check is clear and she mention that it is all cleared in my case. (She casually mentioned that she had some cases since morning with background name check pending issues). She also handed me passport form.

The whole process was about 10 min.

Thanks for various member of this borad for their help :)

What should i do ?

Region:San Francisco, CA
Taken civics test:11/16/2005
infopass appointment :1/16/2005 and they said my case is still dealed with by FBI

I have passed Civics test ,but after that i got N-652,and i didn't receive the oath notice.What should i do ?

Thank you !

No interview date yet for me either

Hi
i feel less worried knowing that you guys are having the same issue.
My FP date was on 01/17 and i was expecting the interview notice
last week. I was planning on traveling abroad at the end of april for a week
or so and now i am nervous that it will conflict with my interview date.
Online it says the same thing, that they got my application on Dec 9th and it is taking 300 days but it is some generic message.
Do you guys think it is safe to think that my interview won't be earlier than middle of may or so?
Please let me know if you hear anything
good luck!

mengmeng321 said:
infopass appointment :1/16/2005 and they said my case is still dealed with by FBI

I have passed Civics test ,but after that i got N-652,and i didn't receive the oath notice.What should i do ?

Thank you !
you mean my oath notice may be on middle of May ?

mengmeng321 said:

Thank you !

Hi mengmeng!
What does your N-652 say? If you read the Guide, it says that N-652 can have 3 results: Granted, Continued, or Denied.
If it's Continued, and I am assuming this because you did pass the test, then there are certain things that USCIS still needs and they should send you request for those docs in the form N-14 within 60-90 days.
So it could take as long as 3 months...

I guess that 3 month mark is coming soon (2/16), and you should probably call the service center again?

Just a thought... please share your experience once you found out what's going on.

Thanks!