N-400 San Francisco timeline

any updates?

hi...citizen would be from san jose DO were getting their notice for interview with Priority Date of August 8 2005 to August 18, 2005. any updates from San Francisco DO.. thanks

My Interview Experience - Oakland

Hello Guys,

I had my inteview on Nov 9th at 7:30 AM (and 7:45 for my wife) at Oakland. There were 6 more people there for the interview with same time for the interview. I got there around 7:00. They do not allow to go inside before 7:30 although.

The immigration officerwas an asian (chinese) lady and very polite She went though the N400 form very slowly and took about 10 minutes reading and writing some comments. She kept on asking questions like...what you do, where you live, address to confirm, She checked my passport all the pages much in details and was confirming all the dates as I mentioned on N-400. (Fyi, I was out of US for 9 times for about 172 days in total). After loosing the patience of not finding all the dates I offered her if she would like to see the boarding passes.... I had all boarding passed for last 5 years intact. I showed her and she was amazed I kept all of these in file and was happy to finish her due diligence quickly.

I was given 10 questions to read and answer them... all from 100 questions. After 8 correct answers she asked me to stop. Then she gave one sentence to write.... so all went pretty cool.

She asked about 10-15 questions about if you were arrested, or prosecuted etc etc... for which you have to be careful to answer YES or NO, as her pronunciation were pretty strange.

Finally, She congradulated me and gave me a paper stating I was receommned for approval, and oath letter will be mailed out soon. She told me I should receive the oath letter within 2 weeks. Dates for oath she mentioned is 11/22 or 12/06

The whole interview process took around 25 mins. Same for my wife. She didn't bother my wife reg dates as she also had all the boarding passses.

Finally I got the Oath letter yesterday with 12/06 date. Hopefully that will be smooh as well.

Hope this helps. All the Best Guys !!

update

my online status is being updated today and when i tried to check it it says that i cant view it... i hope i will receive my interview letter soon.

DO: San Francisco
PD: Aug.22, 2005
FP: sep 22, 2005
STATUS DISAPPEARED: Nov. 23, 2005
intrvw notice: still waiting...

just a question

hello to all... my online status got updated last nov. 23 and then after 2 days i received my interview notice. and now nov. 29 it is being updated again.. is this normal?

Status Update

California Service Center SFO/Oakland DO

Application Sent : 11/03/2005
Application Received : 11/05/2005
Check Cashed : 11/15/2005
Received Date on Receipt : 11/07/2005
Priority Date on Receipt : 11/07/2005
Notice Date on Receipt : 11/19/2005
Receipt Notice Letter Sent On : 11/21/2005
Received Official Receipt : 11/23/2005
Online Status Appeared : 11/23/2005
FP Notice Date : 11/19/2005
FP Notice Date Sent On : 11/21/2005
FP Notice Received On : 11/23/2005
FP Date : 12/09/2005 (INS Oakland)

updating my timeline

Completed Fingerprinting at Oakland . The process was about 10 min ( waiting at Oakland was about 20 min) . Checked with FBI - they recieved FP same day, processed it and send back to USCIS same day. I think its all automated, since i completed my Finger Printing at 4:00 PM PST and assuming they are sending FP to FBI database somewhere in DC area ( it is my assumption) , its already 7:00 PM EST . They processed it and send it back same day to USCIS.
I also got matching errors when they are taking Fingerprinting of individual fingers. They told me that this is very common errors and happen all the time. They take FP for all fingers together and than individual fingers ( one by one). If the two doesn't match, there is a match warning. But, this happens all the time ( as per the FP technician) . Very courteous staff.

My N400 Status

Application Sent : 10/12/2005
Application Received : 10/14/2005
FP Date: 11/29/2005 (Oakland INS office)

We went 15 minutes before the appointment time(2 PM). Very corteous staff there. It took around 90 minutes for the whole process of taking finger prints.

helper00,

Checked with FBI - they recieved FP same day, processed it and send back to USCIS same day.

Can you pl. let me know what is the phone number to contact the FBI for verifying the fingerprints.

Thanks,
V

URL for Online Status

What is the URL for checking status of the N400. Number of previous posts are mentioning about a Online status.

Can someone post the URL for checking online status.

Thanks,
V

How to find the result of FBI processing.

helper00 said:
Completed Fingerprinting at Oakland . The process was about 10 min ( waiting at Oakland was about 20 min) . Checked with FBI - they recieved FP same day, processed it and send back to USCIS same day. I think its all automated, since i completed my Finger Printing at 4:00 PM PST and assuming they are sending FP to FBI database somewhere in DC area ( it is my assumption) , its already 7:00 PM EST . They processed it and send it back same day to USCIS.
I also got matching errors when they are taking Fingerprinting of individual fingers. They told me that this is very common errors and happen all the time. They take FP for all fingers together and than individual fingers ( one by one). If the two doesn't match, there is a match warning. But, this happens all the time ( as per the FP technician) . Very courteous staff.

How you are able to find out this info ?. Is there any website or phone number to find out the results of FBI FP processing.

Thanks,
V

> How you are able to find out this info ?. Is there any website
> or phone number to find out the results of FBI FP processing.

You will probably need to call the FBI fingerprint status check number
304-625-2000 or 304-625-5590. Tell the rep. that you want to check
your FP "status" for my naturalization. Have your A#, Name and DOB
ready. Don't tell the rep that you want the results since FBI never
tells you the results of the fingerprint. In most cases, the fingerprints
are processed and send the same day back to INS. (atleast that's what
they would tell you in **MOST** cases)

(Searched this from one of the threads in this forum).
Haven't tried this since I am still waiting from my fingerprint letter.

Please update this forum after you tried calling the above number and let others know as to if we need anything else in order to check the FBI
FP status.

number to check FP

I called this number - 304-625-5590 ( thanks to ocworker) to check the FP status. There are couple of menu option, but you will eventually get to a representive and you can request to check status. They asked me - Alien number and name.

Status Update...

N-400 Application Send: 11/03/05
Application Received : 11/05/05
Checks Cashed : 11/15/05
Notice Date : ????
Priority Date : ???
Online Status Appeared : 12/02/2005

I determined the WAC# based on the information written on
the cashed check and verified with INS customer service. It's
the same.

Still not received the PD/Fingerprint letter.

Thx
Tushar

Status Update

CSC/San Francisco DO - Oakland

N-400 Application Send : 11/03/05
Application Received : 11/05/05
Checks Cashed : 11/15/05
Notice Date : 11/30/05
Priority Date : 11/07/05
Notice Letter Sent On : 12/01/05
Notice Letter Rcvd On : 12/03/05
Online Status Appeared : 12/02/2005

Jurisdiction: CSC/San Francisco DO - Oakland
Application Sent : 11/03/2005
Application Received : 11/05/2005
Check Cashed : 11/15/2005
Received Date on Receipt : 11/07/2005
Priority Date on Receipt : 11/07/2005
Notice Date on Receipt : 11/19/2005
Receipt Notice Letter Sent On : 11/21/2005
Received Official Receipt : 11/23/2005
Online Status Appeared : 11/23/2005
FP Notice Date : 11/19/2005
FP Notice Date Sent On : 11/21/2005
FP Notice Received On : 11/23/2005
FP Date (on notice) : 12/09/2005
FP Taken On : 12/03/2005 (out of town on 12/09 and
so went early, request accepted)
FP sent to and results returned by FBI : 12/03/2005

kdesai:

how did you request your finger print to be done earlier? did you just walked
in and telled them that?

ejb2k said:
kdesai:

how did you request your finger print to be done earlier? did you just walked
in and telled them that?

I showed the officer sitting near the entrance door the printout of the ticket
that I was flying out of town. The officer was a little bit hesitant initially saying that the office was already overloaded with folks for the day but on further request, the
officer was very kind enough to allow me. He changed the fingerprint date on
the letter, asked me to fill out the form and gave me a token (standard procedure for all applicants). I was done in about 1.5 hrs overall.

This was at the INS Oakland support office on 2040 Telegraph Avenue.

BTW, Wed evenings and Sat evenings are typical days when folks who have rescheduled
their fingerprints are called and I just took a chance on Saturday. (at about 2 pm)

Hope this helps..

SF Oath

I just attened Oath ceremony today. :)

The ceremony is held at Masonic Center. I got there around 8:40 AM, There were lots of people waiting in the line already. After presenting the ceremony notice letter (make sure you answer all the questions and signed in the back) and green card, I was told to go to section 9.

At section 9, they took my letter and green card. At 9:00 AM, a guy at the stage began to make informational speech (much more like orientation) so thet they have time to prepare the certificate. He addressed lots of things such as

1) Make sure u surrender the GC and notice letter to the officers. Otherwise u won't get certificate today. They will not prepare ur certificate until they collect the GC from u.

2) Actually, u can make copy of certificate "under lawful authorization". What is "lawful authrization" then ? such as filing immigration.

3) He also addressed that u have to review the certitificate thoroughly before going home. If any errors are found, there is resolution center outside the seating area to resolve the issues.

4) Others, like applying passport, upgrading pending immigration application...and so on.

After 1 hour of tortue or so, the ceremony finally began. all the program went through pretty quickly. Around 10:30AM, they started to distribute certicates (BTW there were more than 1300 applicants attending ceremony today). I am surprised how efficient they ran the ceremony, comparing how slow they process the immigration cases. :)

The whole ceremony is very casual. Your family can attend the ceremony, but their seating will be 2nd floor.

Oath completed

priority date - july 2005
interview - nov 2005
oath - dec 2005

Oath ceremony in SFO.
About 2 hours.
You can apply for passport on the same day as Oath.